It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inevitable Ego Death

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Originally posted by Visitor2012

Visitor2012
Sorry sir, you're not fooling me with that spiritual/philosophical duality-laden nonsense. If you were to believe that your soul is progressing, that is also Maya/illusion. All belief is Maya as descriptions of reality are.

And if I were to tell you I am a Maya projection--into this world (which I AM), (1/4 componant DNA total) and this IS a truism for me, you still deny my illusion and discription of; for me not an illusion a TRUISM as I know no other. Family origins, Guatamala.

Visitor2012
I truly don't know what it is you're arguing about. Besides, who needs to be explained how Yesterday and Tomorrow does not exist? You don't have to be Freud or Jung to know that. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Everything outside of Now, is a visualization or projection of the Mind, thought, memory. That's it. Nothing mystical or clever about it. Why is Jung's 'brilliance' needed for something so simple and obvious? I'm curious to know your answer to that question.

So the tiger that kills you tomorrow while you are weeding your vegetable garden, the unexpected Lava flow that burns you alive (oops that volcano I had no idea I lived underneath), is merely a projection of your mind, a simple visualization of your own demise. Everything outside of now, is the moment of your death, or the precise moment when you "ARE IN THE MOMENT" all else is past tense. You cannot live in the future unless you are dreaming, and if your not familiar with Carl Jung there is always Carlos Casteneda in a pinch. Indeed, who needs to be explained to the relevence of time, and how it slips and slides into one another.

Visitor
Only a fool can't tell the difference between a concept and reality. Tomorrow and yesterday are concepts. Concepts born from the perception of Time. Perceptions (sometimes referred to as dimensions) are ALSO not reality. It's Maya.There is no past or future as an existential phenomenon, it is always just a projection of mind that occurs in the Now. Concepts do not exist, they're not meant to exist. They are forms of communication. If you can find a yesterday, tomorrow, today, inch, mile, or minute in reality then I'll retract my statement. Until then

Perceptions are not dimensions, they are the tools that experience the one you are trapped in right now. It is not possible to live in the 'NOW' unless exclusively living in a meditative/somnombulistic state, the one of whole awareness, (not thinking about what to have for dinner tonight).
edit on 2-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

And if I were to tell you I am a Maya projection--into this world (which I AM), (1/4 componant DNA total) and this IS a truism for me, you still deny my illusion and discription of; for me not an illusion a TRUISM as I know no other. Family origins, Guatamala.

Are you saying that YOU are an illusion? I said whatever you 'think' you are is illusion. I didn't say You were an illusion. If you think You, yourself, are an illusion, then Maya has convinced you that not only is your mind/ego an illusion, but YOU are an illusion. You can't, in the same breath, say 'I AM'.

So the tiger that kills you tomorrow while you are weeding your vegetable garden, the unexpected Lava flow that burns you alive (oops that volcano I had no idea I lived underneath), is merely a projection of your mind, a simple visualization of your own demise.

Yes. Because if I'm thinking about a tiger or lava flow that kills me tomorrow, I must be daydreaming. What else could your example be other than a dream...projection? If a tiger kills me tomorrow, it will be a happening in a Now, and it would not be a projection of my mind, it would be reality.

Perceptions are not dimensions, they are the tools that experience the one you are trapped in right now.

The first, second, third dimensions are descriptions of perceptions. The first dimension is reality perceived through certain characteristics which describes a limited perception of Reality. Same goes for the rest. A dimension is a description of perceived reality. In other words, there's no such thing as a dimension. They are concepts used to describe certain perceived characteristics of the One reality. They're words used to communicate a set of limited characteristics of the Same reality. This is another case of confusing concepts and words with the reality they are attempting to describe.

It is not possible to live in the 'NOW' unless exclusively living in a meditative/somnombulistic state, the one of whole awareness, (not thinking about what to have for dinner tonight).

You are ALWAYS living in the now regardless of where your living in your mind. It's a matter of being aware of Now, not living in it because you are always in it.
edit on 2-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Im not an illusion, I am a human being that lives within the "Happen Stance" of existance; recognises myself within an environment that I have to sustain myself and have some control over and in so saying destroys your arguement of being in the moment (otherwise it does not exist as past/present/future); only a momentary glimpse at something greater you may have/wiil have missed.
edit on 3-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Im not an illusion, I am a human being that lives within the "Happen Stance" of existance; recognises myself within an environment that I have to sustain myself and have some control over and in so saying destroys your arguement of being in the moment (otherwise it does not exist as past/present/future); only a momentary glimpse at something greater you may have/wiil have missed.

Your previous statement:

First you say you are a Mayan illusion, then you say that you're not an illusion. Which is it?. And what does having some 'control' over your 'happen stance' have to do with being in the moment? I've never said anything about 'being in the moment' which is a ridiculous term since there's no way of being out of the moment.

What exactly is your point to all this? I see that you are arguing a point, but with all the meme's you're throwing around, I don't see a clear point you're trying to make. Just say it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

First you say you are a Mayan illusion, then you say that you're not an illusion. Which is it?. And what does having some 'control' over your 'happen stance' have to do with being in the moment? I've never said anything about 'being in the moment' which is a ridiculous term since there's no way of being out of the moment.
What exactly is your point to all this? I see that you are arguing a point, but with all the meme's you're throwing around, I don't see a clear point you're trying to make. Just say it.

Of COURSE I am a Maya illusion, they lived 200BC. I am just the progeny (DNA aspect 'PURE' leftover) of that civilization that occured during that time period. They are no longer here (that civilization) IAM exist as that ideaform. How would I have control over my forebearors continuing to give birth and I occupy one of the bodies, because I chose to I picked my ancestry before being born in fact my entire lineage did in order to create something, the 'happenstance query was a test' is all. No way of being out of the moment? You at birth were completely aware of all circumstances as to your beingness, and now are just so as you were at birth. What is a meme? Is it similar to a slinky toy as a flexable word screw or a mime/charades player? I would imagine you think you are of an accidental birth; no cause results in no foul.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Of COURSE I am a Maya illusion, they lived 200BC. I am just the progeny (DNA aspect 'PURE' leftover) of that civilization that occured during that time period. They are no longer here (that civilization) IAM exist as that ideaform. How would I have control over my forebearors continuing to give birth and I occupy one of the bodies, because I chose to I picked my ancestry before being born in fact my entire lineage did in order to create something, the 'happenstance query was a test' is all. No way of being out of the moment? You at birth were completely aware of all circumstances as to your beingness, and now are just so as you were at birth. What is a meme? Is it similar to a slinky toy as a flexable word screw or a mime/charades player? I would imagine you think you are of an accidental birth; no cause results in no foul.

Are you referring to MAYANS? What does that have to do with Maya which is a Hindu term meaning 'the illusion and appearance of the phenominal World"? How can you be a projection of the Mayan people?????

< sigh> no a meme is not a slinky toy. Nor is it a flexible word screw (????) or a charades player . A meme is....ah crap just google it. And google Maya while your at it.

I would imagine you think you are of an accidental birth; no cause results in no foul

At least you admit you are imagining it.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Vethumanbeing can you please define ego for me?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join