It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inevitable Ego Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Dear Itisnowagain,

If you truly are all that is, how can we ever disagree. Lets us understand how we are all the same. Explain it to the rest of us. I love a joke.

I am not a person - there are no persons. There is only ever what is happening.
Nothing (non existence) is appearing to happen as this (apparent existence).
Emptiness is forming but never forms any 'thing'.

edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Dear Itisnowagain,

If you truly are all that is, how can we ever disagree. Lets us understand how we are all the same. Explain it to the rest of us. I love a joke.

Nothing is appearing to happen as this.

Dear Itisnowagain,

This is my favorite answer. You are not a person, I am and so is everyone else that is reading this. Convince them they are not, I will watch with amusement. Prove to them that they do not exist.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

Dear Itisnowagain,

This is my favorite answer. You are not a person, I am and so is everyone else that is reading this. Convince them they are not, I will watch with amusement. Prove to them that they do not exist.

This moment is - it has existence.
I am is being this.

But it is just one - it is happening as one. Nothing is separate.

The ocean is waving and the waves forgot they are the one ocean - they see many waves but the waves appear all together.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I have just one question to ask. Is English your first language?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

Dear Itisnowagain,

This is my favorite answer. You are not a person, I am and so is everyone else that is reading this.

That is the human condition. You have believed a lie.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have just one question to ask. Is English your first language

Dear Itisnowagain,

You both failed to answer my question or even put out a logical sentence. Put down the beer.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I have just one question to ask. Is English your first language

Dear Itisnowagain,

You both failed to answer my question or even put out a logical sentence. Put down the beer.

Is that a no?
Maybe you missed the post above where I answered one of your many questions? I have asked one question and you will not answer.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

Dear Itisnowagain,

It is the belief in the 'person' that makes life uncomfortable. You will fight to defend it and keep it alive.
You do not have to fight for life because there is only life. When this is realized the 'person' who is just a bunch of strongly held beliefs lifts and the ego vanishes. No more fighting for survival. Peace.
Aliveness is here and now but the human condition is fear of not being alive, it tries to secure itself - it is pointless and painful. Life is alive presently as this - it is never not the present.
The fear comes from the fear of non existence. The idea of non existence is terrifying but the reality of it is out of this world.

When 'things' are found to be made of non existence there can only be peace.

What I try to convey can never be understood with the mind. Words will never be able to do it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Touching can only happen in the moment but man believes in time and lives in past and future thoughts concerning themselves which they have divided from the whole.

Thinking about the past and future, having an idea about oneself, happens in your now whether you like it or not. What you are preaching is people should be without thoughts, or that they shouldn't remember or reflect upon themselves, but you contradict your dogma by thinking, remembering and reflecting upon yourself. If you disregard the memory of your experience, and fail to infer from it, you can never learn.

One who cannot remember is a a sufferer of Alzheimer's. I wonder if you've known anyone like this? They practice what you preach.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Touching can only happen in the moment but man believes in time and lives in past and future thoughts concerning themselves which they have divided from the whole.

Thinking about the past and future, having an idea about oneself, happens in your now whether you like it or not. What you are preaching is people should be without thoughts, or that they shouldn't remember or reflect upon themselves, but you contradict your dogma by thinking, remembering and reflecting upon yourself. If you disregard the memory of your experience, and fail to infer from it, you can never learn.

One who cannot remember is a a sufferer of Alzheimer's. I wonder if you've known anyone like this? They practice what you preach.

I never preach that anyone should be without thoughts. Thoughts appear - no one can stop a thought from appearing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Having an idea about yourself, having an image of yourself is dividing yourself out from the whole. This moment is whole and somehow you paint yourself out of it by putting yourself in other times and other places (that don't exist) and believe you are separate. In that pretend dream world of separation you fight to survive. It is the game.
Nothing changes when it is realized that there is no separation, learning happens but there is no one who is scared of not being anymore. There is only being.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Comprehension is difficult when one is blinded by ideas and beliefs.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Thinking about the past and future, having an idea about oneself, happens in your now whether you like it or not.

So what is it that you have an idea about? 'Oneself'? What is this ('oneself') composed of? Is it composed of 'You in the past' and 'You in the future'? Is your idea of 'oneself' composed of 'how I was' and 'what I want to be'? How may 'You's' are there? Do you see the split, the divide?

There is only one you and it is ever present with ideas and thoughts arising and subsiding, the thoughts speak words that form sentences and stories that are taken as truth. Could you even start to imagine what life would be like if you had no words? Of course now you will accuse me of preaching that there should be no thoughts - when all I have just asked you to do is imagine what could be known if there were no words to distract you from what is actually real.
Thought will tell you all about you but who is it actually talking about?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Nothing changes when it is realized that there is no separation, learning happens but there is no one who is scared of not being anymore. There is only being.

But 'just being' slowly deteriorates, like a ball without a hand to push it or a foot to kick it. Our egos are like that hand or foot, the driving force that actively pursues the preservation and fulfillment of our existence. When our egos die, there is nothing left but a meat sack, a car without a driver.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But 'just being' slowly deteriorates, like a ball without a hand to push it or a foot to kick it. Our egos are like that hand or foot, the driving force that actively pursues the preservation and fulfillment of our existence. When our egos die, there is nothing left but a meat sack, a car without a driver.

Being does not deteriorate.
The happening is constantly happening (being) - it just appears different constantly.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Our egos are like that hand or foot, the driving force that actively pursues the preservation and fulfillment of our existence. When our egos die, there is nothing left but a meat sack, a car without a driver.

Existence already is. If you feel unfulfilled it is because your ego is telling you that this can't possibly be it - there has to be more.
This is life right here and right now but you cannot feel the life because you are holding tightly onto the idea that there is a time when you will not be - so you are full of fear. That fear is what drives you away from yourself - from all that is. It divides you from the love that is ever present.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Existence already is. If you feel unfulfilled it is because your ego is telling you that this can't possibly be it - there has to be more.

Existence isn't nearly as simply as you believe it to be. There's an infinity of different flavors and shades.

This is life right here and right now but you cannot feel the life because you are holding tightly onto the idea that there is a time when you will not be - so you are full of fear.

I'm not afraid. I know that existence is not restricted to a mere matter of life and death. There's different ways of living, different ways of dying...

That fear is what drives you away from yourself - from all that is. It divides you from the love that is ever present.

Nope.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Our egos are like that hand or foot, the driving force that actively pursues the preservation and fulfillment of our existence. When our egos die, there is nothing left but a meat sack, a car without a driver.

This is life right here and right now but you cannot feel the life because you are holding tightly onto the idea that there is a time when you will not be - so you are full of fear. That fear is what drives you away from yourself - from all that is. It divides you from the love that is ever present.

"Riddle me this riddle me that who is afraid of the big black bat" - The Joker

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This is life right here and right now but you cannot feel the life because you are holding tightly onto the idea that there is a time when you will not be - so you are full of fear.

I'm not afraid. I know that existence is not restricted to a mere matter of life and death. There's different ways of living, different ways of dying...

The fear of non existence is what drives the activity of seeking to fill that gapping hole. That gapping hole is non existence but keep running away from what you are.

Existence is what is appearing presently and it will immediately fill that space of non existence that you are but it will never be filled with what isn't.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The fear of non existence is what drives the activity of seeking to fill that gapping hole. That gapping hole is non existence but keep running away from what you are.

Well, I do prefer not to die right now. This kind of necessitates the drive to preserve my own existence, right? And I can't do that if I don't have any self-regard.

Existence is what is appearing presently and it will immediately fill that space of non existence that you are but it will never be filled with what isn't.

...I'm a space of nonexistence? What?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join