It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha statue floating outside the window of a plane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

IMAGINE if you looked out the plane window mid-flight to spot THIS?

A passenger claims to have seen this giant Buddha statue during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore on June 23.

The passenger said the statue appeared about 30 minutes into the flight, when it was travelling at high altitude, she told Singapore's Stomp.com.sg.
Source

So, basically the plane is flying obviously high and this appears outside the window. I have a feeling this may be reflection from inside the cabin; and it looks as though the image was probably taken when it was night/early morning.

Could this be some kind of 'mirage' as in a reflection of a statue that is on the ground somehow? They had those cities appear out of thin air a while ago- I can recal seeing a video on YT about it from an Asian news source.

Here is a link to a story regarding the mirage city seen in China.

Could they be the same thing or is this a case of the reflection from inside the cabin?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The statue looks pretty enlightened to me.

(OK, triple puns are a sign of insanity....hmmmmm)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It could also be a hoax, and this person probably took a picture of a Buddha statue at a shrine whilst during misty weather in the early morning or in the evening. Here are my reasons.

- You don't see the bottom of the statue or any sign that it is floating.
- You can see foliage (if that is foliage) behind the statue and mist.

and finally...

-Why would a statue be floating in the first place? surely others must have seen it if she took this picture if it was in the sky?

Edit: Forgot to add this one, It could be a photoshopped picture of a Buddha statue as well.
edit on 27-6-2013 by VoidFire because: photoshop

edit on 27-6-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Not the actual man but a statue?
Why?

If Buddha wanted to make himself known, why use a statue?

My guess is that some tourist bought the statue, paid 10x the value, held it in front of themselves while facing the plane window and took a pic of the reflection.

Peace

edit on 28-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Looking at a map of the distance between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, it looks as though the aircraft may have been flying over the land. If this is a genuine photo, I'm going to have to say this is probably a mirage/reflection of a giant statue down below.

But, if the craft was flying over the water then I'm going to have to go with reflection from inside the cabin.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I found your Buddha.
(and that was not easy... lol)

Malaysia Buddha / Chin Swee Caves Temple

and the Wiki summary on the place...

Wikipedia Summary of Chin Swee Caves Temple

Any chance he was over that part of Malaysia?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

edit on 28-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, Wrabbit found it about the same time I did.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good work on locating the statue!
Well, looking at the map it looks as if the Chin Swee caves (located in the Genting Highlands) is a little to the north east of the Kuala Lumpur airport. My guess is that this is nothing more than a photoshop.

I never actually did think that an actual statue would be up there in the clouds, although it could make one hell of a story! I guess the traveller has gone to the caves, jumped on a plane and while bored in the flight started to mess around with their photos in photoshop?

haha.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

I'd just scanned down pages of google image search results, looking for the hands to be in the same position. That seems to be the most unique thing about the various statues. A couple had that close but then the number of folds in the clothes and direction were all wrong. I almost gave up when I popped that one up and like a little beam of sunshine from out of a cloud...there it sat. A perfect match. lol...

This stuff is supposed to be helpful later in school for course work so what the heck. It's like a puzzle to solve.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
On close inspection, its not just the staue thats "up there in the clouds".
On one of the original images, right down the bottom right (near the buddhas left knee), there is also seen a wedge shaped cutout that is also seen in a lot of photos taken from the ground.
Its some kind of red and yellow sign things thats in the park and NOT attached to the statue.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
My first thought was it looked underwater.

But after seeing a picture of it in its location.

I am pretty sure this is a hoax.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
A buddha statue outside the plane? UNREAL!
Now I have heard of chemicals being able to manifest objects that seem real that are not truly there.

But I have not heard of chemicals that manifest objects on optical recording chips on digital cameras or on actual old school film.

Until now I guess?

Unless something wanted something on a photo.

Interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

In all honesty I believe this is photoshop. The Buddha shown from the ground site is clearly the one in image. Someone hot bored on a flight, they played around with the image and created this... Lol

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good work on locating the statue!
Well, looking at the map it looks as if the Chin Swee caves (located in the Genting Highlands) is a little to the north east of the Kuala Lumpur airport. My guess is that this is nothing more than a photoshop.

I never actually did think that an actual statue would be up there in the clouds, although it could make one hell of a story! I guess the traveller has gone to the caves, jumped on a plane and while bored in the flight started to mess around with their photos in photoshop?

haha.

I was once flying from France to England, when I saw a couple of cloud formations that looked like "Becalm" and "Old Man Wind" from old nautical oil paintings. Becalm was like a monk robes with cowl, and the "Old Man Wind" was like the silhoette of a face from the collar up, but with a beard and long whiskers and eyebrows that blew away in the direction of the wind.

The other amazing cloud formation was again when flying between a bright white upper and lower cloud layers, and seeing these dark ellipsoid clouds floating at all different heights.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Boy, could the crew have some fun if they incorporated LED technology into the glass of the airliners. They could make anyone they wanted to see some weird stuff. I personally think that the flying nun would be a great one.

new topics

top topics

join