It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Orders FDA to Enact Food Safety Regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Aside from ATS, there are several other sites I visit weekly, or thereabouts, to get my recommended quota of outrage. Works great. Meet my quota and more without fail

Sometimes, though, I find good news instead.

For instance, I found this at shiftfrequency.com (there's a link on the site to Center for Food Safety, if you'd prefer to read it at the source).

Center for Food Safety Scores Victory for Consumers: Court Orders FDA to Enact Food Safety Regulations

On January 4, 2011, Congress passed the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) to help end this ongoing epidemic of food contamination in our country. Once put into effect, FSMA will dramatically improve how our government regulates food imported from overseas, as well as domestic food production facilities. But since its passage, FDA – under pressure from big agricultural companies – has failed to meet the mandatory deadlines Congress required to implement this important law.

[...]

In siding with CFS, the Court issued an injunction ordering that all FSMA regulations must be final by June 30, 2015, and that all draft regulations must be released to the public by November 30, 2013 for public comment.

I salute the Center for Food Safety for their valuable contribution and wish them well.

Right now I have evening chores to do. I'll check back later. This is an informational post only. I'm not anticipating trolls, sockpuppets, or debaters. But you never know....

edit on 6/27/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I hope it works out, but I see once again, alphabet agencies run amok

Sadly, even under court order, FDA refused to develop a closed-ended timeline, instead arguing it should be allowed to continue with delays at its own discretion. As a result, CFS and FDA submitted separate timeline proposals to the Court.

They refused to obey a court order once, they'll probably do it again, as they are under great pressure from

FDA – under pressure from big agricultural companies
aka the money that is in charge.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah, I know (*sigh*).

Here's the thing: The FDA is owned--and I mean outright owned--by Big Ag and Big Pharma. They'd like to find a way for Bristol-Myers Squibb to hold you upside-down like a big fat goose and pick your pocket to pay for their flu vaccination, while Monsanto pours GMO corn down your gullet till your liver's the size of a haggis, which they then make into a toxic-waste Soylent Green paté, and sell it to Whole Foods.

I swear to God, that's the nightmares I have. And I have no reason to believe, on a day-to-day basis, that they won't actually pull it off. Any victory anymore is a BIG victory. I don't know what kind of oversight is provided in this law, if any, but with any luck they'll at least have to start backpedaling on the safety of GMOs. With enough pressure from the Good Guys, like Center for Food Safety, maybe we'll see a little good-faith activity out of the FDA--and maybe a bit of inspiration to go after a few more government/criminal agencies.

We can always dream....

edit on 6/27/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

join