It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have any recent DNA alteration articles, good reads, breakthroughs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hello all
This thread is more to feed my curiousity to DNA alteration. As awful as some of these situations may get, it is super fascinating and it is SO hard to find any juicy information about it on google, and wondering if I could get some help and some good reads and info.
Remember Molly the sheep? Have any of you guys seen that documentary? How clones like molly spiraled out of control with cell growth.. the poor thing suffered its whole life having a really hard time breathing. And its due to complications with the cloning.. Im going to look for the documentary and link it up here.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
DNA ‘reverse’ vaccine reduces levels of immune cells believed responsible for type-1 diabetes, study shows

The above linked article is from Stanford University. Here's a quote for you:

A clinical trial of a vaccine, led by Stanford University School of Medicine researchers and designed to combat type-1 diabetes, has delivered initially promising results, suggesting that it may selectively counter the errant immune response that causes the disease.

This vaccine targets the CD8 immune system cell that the researchers think targets the proinsulin molecule that is produced by the beta cells in the pancreas. I was going to make my own thread on it, but this thread is perfect for this. Thank you for posting it.

To all the naysayers about vaccines, this could be helpful to people like me. I make up a portion of the 3 million who have this particular type of diabetes. Will this be another one that's shelved if it works? What are the odds that they would sell it to big-pharma and it gets shelved? There's also risks associated with tampering with the immune system. Some people say it's the tampering with the immune system that can CAUSE diabetes. At the very least, if this works I hope it makes it out to the public!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Candles

How about this?
UK government backs three-person IVF

The UK looks set to become the first country to allow the creation of babies using DNA from three people, after the government backed the IVF technique.

It says that by using the DNA of three people instead of the usual two could eliminate possible debilitating or possibly fatal diseases that are passed from the mother via mitochondrial DNA.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Candles

I read the article "molly the Sheep" and a few more short articles but nothing really jumped out at me. Of course there's always the "Ricky the Mouse" procedure that genetically changed an ordinary white footed mouse into one that can type.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
S&F to review tomorrow...a subject of much interest and new info posted.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Something we are working toward in the future if it hasn't been discussed in length on here already:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

These are both videos from the Chief Science Officer of SENS(Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence) Dr. Aubrey de Grey. His main focus right now is finding a true regenerative medicine to stop aging. I am excited to see their work in the near future. You can also find a video of him at TEDx speaking if you are looking for more.

www.sens.org... is the charity he and many other scientists work at on donations. People are dumping money into this work and every year we work for it we get closer.

P.S. - I hope I am doing this right and this is in the right place.. Apologies..it has already been discussed in length here. Indeed exciting times we live in...www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-6-2013 by whatshannenin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here you go OP, a little something I came across and put together. Just a theory mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join