It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archer Tv Series -- You Must Watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Alright folks,

If you all haven't had the pleasure of watching this cartoon, you really, really need to take the time to do so.

It's probably the best, most funny thing I have seen in years. 4 seasons and signed for 2 more at this point.

Warning, the contents below may be inappropriate for children or anybody who doesn't enjoy crass but witty humor.

T&C friendly conversation, as always

ETA: I thought of this while planning the Archer Theme Dinner Party ( fancy ones for those who watch the show) that we are doing in August.

Before you ask, yes I'm a guy in my 40's who has a bunch of friends who like to dress up and act silly

~Tenth
edit on 6/27/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Embedding disabled.
Here is a link.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

oh? Didn't notice.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Before you ask, yes I'm a guy in my 40's who has a bunch of friends who like to dress up and act silly

Right there with you man. I'm planning a Titanic Mystery Dinner for my wife, for her birthday this year. (In the past, we've done Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Stargate, and other mystery dinner parties. I even wrote most of them, including a CLUE party where everyone was a character from the game/movie). My big challenge is finding a theme that has enough male and female characters to choose from, to accommodate everyone.

Does Archer really have enough characters?

For my birthday, we may do a Game Of Thrones mystery dinner. That'd be fun (especially if I have the GoT map mural done to pose for pics by).

Good luck with your party!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Archer has about 15 main characters that re-appear throughout each season and about another 2 dozen supporting cast who may not appear, but are mentioned in subsequent episodes. All of which are hilarious and there's enough character depth there to really sink your teeth into.

Another nice thing is I don't think they've EVER had a new character who was voiced by a current or past real life person. They tend to bring in big talent like Burt Reynold's for example.

There's even an episode featuring Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys as a member of Free & Sovereign Nova Scotia.

You will NOT regret watching the pilot Gaz, I guarantee you.

~Tenth
edit on 6/27/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hey tothetenthpower,

Archer is awesome. I had to be pushed by friends in to watching it and now I am on a second run-through.

The part that I think is hilarious is trying to figure out whether Archer is a genius or an idiot savant. The one-liners and obscure references he spouts are one of the best parts of the show.

I'd ask what your favorite episode is, but I couldn't pick one myself, they are all so damned funny and well thought out. The "I have perfect situational awareness" thing in Paris was pretty funny.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Oh I have many favorites my favorite is "Honeypot". Or Whore Island, the trilogy at the start of season 3.

"Sky Captain Of Yester Year!"

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bobs burgers will not sound the same now.

And if you want some food that is supposed to be cream filled...

Oo lmao!

Sold! To the freak getting up to find the seasons on, uhh, his internet tv.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Bob's Burger's is like child's play my friend, I was REALLY surprised too since I saw bob's burgers first and then was introduced to Archer.

In the 4th season, they do a whole opening of bob's burgers and in the season finally, all of bob's family is part of the supporting cast.

Tina yelling expletives is just...hilarious.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

"Sky Captain Of Yester Year!"

Yeah, that was priceless. I loved the Doc Savage redux with Patrick Warburton's voice, that was a really great couple of episodes.

The show rules, I didn't think it could get any better (worse!
) than Metalocalypse; and then Archer comes along. The Mars thing was great too, I loved the egalitarian revolutionaries, "You can join the 'involuntary work group', and maybe we can revisit your status once Mars is terraformed".

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

LOL yeah, that was a good one.

And Barry killing all those scientists

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You will NOT regret watching the pilot Gaz, I guarantee you.

I've seen a few episodes. It's definitely on my list of shows to catch up on. I think I just found my show to watch while the wife is cooking dinner. It may even keep her from doing her eyeroll when I use my male superpower of being able to find a Bond movie on, anytime night or day...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I love the show. And Lana is soooo dang hot!!

My youngest son got me into it this past season. Thanks to Netflix i'm all caught up.

top topics

join