It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SONY's PRISM's portal??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If this was already posted, sorry. I've searched but I couldn't come up with anything remotely close to this.

A friend of mine found this today and since he knows I like alternative news and conspiracy stuff, thought I'd enjoyed this.

SONY's PRISM Portal

I don't know much about computer stuff and how someone would be able to create something like this but from what I can see (and know from the internet) it seems legit.

Now I seriously doubt that SONY has a portal titled "Welcome to PRISM" and that everyone can try to hack.

This is the email they provide in case we need help with our access "[email protected]"

My final take on this... It has to be fake... But I thought ATS would enjoy this as well and who knows, it may very well be the real thing...

What say you?? ;-)

Sorry for the short thread. I'm at work at the moment and don't really have time to elaborate but I think this is self explanatory.

edit on 27-6-2013 by FrankLY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The URL loading looks like an HTTPS to Sony.com to me. Whatever it is, it looks real enough. Hmmm... Interesting. Perhaps just a real unfortunate bit of timing for marketing decisions?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The security is provided by: VeriSign, Inc....

VeriSing INC.

Maybe it'll help clear things out

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

I doubt it has anything to do with Sony Prism Series MiniDiscs?

google says;

prism.spe.sony.com...
A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
it might be something to do with movies.... or projector technologies.

I highly doubt they going to name their spy technology same as Microsoft, come on now, that's waiting for lawsuit. especially how pissed of Microsoft is at Sony.

Anyway, even if they do have some spy tech, it better stay out of my PS4.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Using DomainTools.com it looks like it was registered by:

Sony Corporation of America
Domain Admin Sony
One Sony Drive, MD 2B4
Park Ridge, NJ 07656

Google Maps Link

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
it might be something to do with movies.... or projector technologies.

Movies or Projectors.. You might be on to something...

I mean, it's probably nothing of importance to us but I'm curious to know what technology

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
the upper subdomain is spe.sony.com aka sony pictures entertainment linky and even the icon matches so i'd say its probably more someone seeing the word prism and thinking NSA

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

Alright so we know it's legit and from SONY.

Now we have to know the real purpose of this site.

Could it be something used by SONY's sales persons. Like a tool or "case management system to keep track of sales, meetings, service calls?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

someone seeing the word prism and thinking NSA

Exactly, but until we find the true purpose of the site, we have to admit that the timing is really bad.

Again, i strongly doubt that this is linked with what's brewing across the world right now but like I said, I'm curious and really want to know what this site's for

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I suspect that this is a viral marketing attempt, or hiring process

I can envision a page hidden behind the locked portal, "Congratulations, we'd like to offer you either a job or a discount on our products."

M.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

top topics

join