It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1000 year binge on materialism and primate dominance hierarchies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ahhh what a nice McKenna speech. His stuff definitely makes me think every time. You did some nice video work to it as well, nicely done and thanks for sharing, even though it seems the point was almost entirely lost so far. But, don't lose hope there's a few of us out there that like Terrance's work

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

"It seems to me that culture, at least this culture, is a shabby lie."

"We have the tools that would allow us to sculpt paradise, but we have the reflexes and value systems of anthropoid apes of some sort. . . . You don't get serial killers in the chipmunk population."

"We live at the end of a thousand year binge on the philosophical position known as materialism, in its many guises. And the basic message of materialism is that world is what it appears to be, a thing composed of
matter, and pretty much confined to its surface."

"We're in, essentially, a tragic situation. A tragic situation is a catastrophe when you know it."

"For approximately 500 years [sciences] argument for its pre-eminence was the beautiful toys that it could create: aircraft, railroads, global economies, television, spacecraft. But that is a fool's argument for truth! I mean, that's after all how a medicine show operates, you know: the juggler is so good, the medicine must be even better! This is not an entirely rational way to proceed."

This speech in all is simply brilliant, I highly recommend listening to it. The original clip I made used many clips from it.

<< 1   >>

join