It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ducks Rescued From Hoarder See Water For The First Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My uncle sent me this video this morning. These ducks were rescued from a hoarder, and had never been in water. They sure aren't in any big hurry to get in, and get a little help from the rescuer's. But boy, once they try it, they sure seem to enjoy themselves.

Ducks

I'm very happy they were rescued. I had always heard of hoarders with cats, dogs or just items. But thinking about it, and seeing this, I would imagine there are hoarders out there for any type of animal.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Im a vegetarian because these creatures don't deserve to be eaten, they deserve life in their natural habitat.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
To the OP ... awesome! Thanks for posting

reply to post by AthlonSavage

I like bacon too much to be veggie. But I admire those who are.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well good for you for being able to have that much self control!

Unfortunately I do not, but I have only eaten duck once, when I was young. No choice. I'm guessing the hoarder wasn't hoarding them for that purpose though. And now it looks like they will have a happy, safe place to live.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This was on British TV the other night, i sat with jaw agape, i couldn't believe what i was looking at. Incredible.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Lmao..

You know if pigs were made out of tofu, we'd probably have a lot more vegetarians around !!

lol

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Awesome!

I can't help be feel happy for them, go ducks go! The one at 0:53 really seemed to enjoy his first bath

IMO though, hoarders should not be able to hoard freaking animals.....

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Those poor ducks! Being kept away from what is natural to them for so long. Finally they see freedom!
(Does it make me a bad person if I had visions involving the ducks involving a sweet orange and ginger basting sauce?)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

No it doesn't. it is no more noble to consume plants than animals. They are both living things. You must consume some type of life to subsist.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

LOL No! I just couldn't do it, I think because of having to as a kid, and not liking it then.

And to the other poster, regarding hoarders and animals, I agree, and if you think you are doing the right thing, saving them, whatever as a hoarder, why do they always end up not taking care of the animals properly?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

Those ducks took to the pond like, well, ducks to water.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ah wow... I'm so touched by this video.

I've just watched it for the third time and I'm torn between laughing and crying... Those poor little babies being thrown into the water! They were so terrified of it but it took only minutes for their natural instinct to kick in...

Who knew that ducking your head could be so much fun

I had duck eggs for breakfast today, I have to say I feel a few guilt pangs now

Thank you so much for posting! I wish I could give you lots more stars for this...

Oh and to the site owners - are we ever going to get an animals and pets thread? Please?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I will eat just about any non-predator species going, because honestly, I respect my ancestors far to much to thumb my nose at thier way of life. However, I also believe that animals should be cared for while they remain living. Seeing these ducks overcome thier fear and understand thier nature is a beautiful thing to witness.

Still going to eat duck when I get the chance though.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Im a vegetarian because these creatures don't deserve to be eaten, they deserve life in their natural habitat.

Hunting animals is something that must be done. As mankind moves into animals habitat they kill off the natural predators. This leads to overpopulation, starvation and disease which could lead to all of them dying off.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You may surprise yourself one day. My favorite food before my heart out spoke my gut was steak.

This video made me cry. I think we all deserve a life that is free of torture, taking away the things we love is torture.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

As mankind moves into animals habitat they kill off the natural predators.

Yes but they should not and we should not be so fearful of the natural rare loss of a human to an animal predator but not worry at all about the multitudes of oss people cause to the wild life. If we move into their yard we should respect it and them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You make a good point, not only is water what they love, but it's what they were built for. I still don't understand how someone, even a hoarder doesn't realize that ducks swim. It's what they do.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I like how they all did the head bang under the water! That is an awesome video!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So you just let something else eat them instead. How self-sacrificing of you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
Ah wow... I'm so touched by this video.

I've just watched it for the third time and I'm torn between laughing and crying... Those poor little babies being thrown into the water! They were so terrified of it but it took only minutes for their natural instinct to kick in...

Who knew that ducking your head could be so much fun

I had duck eggs for breakfast today, I have to say I feel a few guilt pangs now

Thank you so much for posting! I wish I could give you lots more stars for this...

Oh and to the site owners - are we ever going to get an animals and pets thread? Please?

No need to feel guilt over eggs. The Chickens and Ducks do not hatch out many eggs, if they are sitting on their eggs they want them, most don't even do that once a year, they just lay them and walk away, the eggs just go for food for others or rot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join