It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa Directed Treasury Inspector General to Ignore IRS Treatment of Liberal Groups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

More liberal crap with the intention of deflection. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

The I.R.S. was used as a weapon against American citizens by a corrupt administration! You can try to sugarcoat it all you want. It still doesn't change the fact that certain political figures need punished for their wrong doing.

Until we as a people regardless of political affiliation learn to stand together we will remain pawns in this game that our government plays.

Check

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

what if they're both right? or at the very least both half-ish right.
groups on both sides were targeted by the IRS, in doing so they might have singled out certain groups, or at the very least catagorized them, however said groups were on both sides, which kind of balances it out I guess.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NonsensicalUserName

There is no both sides in this!

The I.R.S. is wrong in targeting anyone.

Are you right are you left, or are you American? You decide. It still doesn't change the fact that the I.R.S. was used as a weapon to control the voice of American citizens.

It is no different than Obama using drone strikes to kill American citizens without due process.

How corrupt have we become? Is this really tolerable?

Edit to add. It is like saying that if my neighbor on the right stole something from me it is ok for me to steal from my neighbor on the left because that is justice. Really? Don't you see the irony in this?
edit on 16-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

lol; they're targeting these groups due to possible violations of tax-codes for non-profit organizations..
edit on 16-3-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

beezzer
Now I'm confused.

Obama said there wasn't a smidgen of corruption.

So is Obama lying and there was mass targeting?

Or is Obama telling the truth and there was no targeting and Issa is wrong?

hi bud

i remember pointing this to EVERYONE back when the tea party IRS story first came out!!!!

the treatment was no different than the left got,
turns out ANY group who COULD have political motivations was scrutinized,

nobody wanted to hear it, but this is par for the course when trying to gain the advantages of tax exempt status,

i hope you are well and getting plenty of cookies

xploder

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NonsensicalUserName

No they are not. They are targeting them for the names of their organizations.

How can they have tax codes violations when they are just applying for status?

Go back to sleep and don't bother me again!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Until we as a people regardless of political affiliation learn to stand together we will remain pawns in this game that our government plays.

More liberal crap with the intention of deflection. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Sure we can be friends as long as I stand still and let you punch me in the face. Amirite?

1) I'm not a liberal.
2) I've been extremely outspoken against the Obama administration .

I just happen to be interested in calling out actual wrongs. Any political group trying disguise themselves as a charity is simply wrong. I don't care what party it is that's doing it.

Now can we get back to:
NDAA
TPP (Corporate Nationhood)
Drones
War
NSA
Non-transparency
Journalist intimidation

so on and so on

??

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

First of all I never called you a liberal.

Did you write this story? I didn't think so. This story was written by the ap. The ap is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the liberal agenda. I happen to work for a newspaper that uses the ap for their stories. In the last six years there has only been one story that I can recall that spoke negatively of Obama. So yes this is definitely more liberal drivel.

I wouldn't take it personally if I were you. You might want to look into some of these groups. Most of them are made up of people we don't buy into the two party system.

I also noticed that the only liberal group this story refers to is Catholics United if you haven't noticed the Obama administration is also anti Christian.

A simple search would have told you that this has already been hashed over on ATS.

ATS link

I personally liked this piece that charles1952 added.

Based on the information you flagged regarding the existence of a "Progressives" entry on BOLO lists, TIGTA performed additional research which determined that six tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 having the words"progress" or "progressive" in their names were included in the 298 cases the IRS identified as potential political cases.

We also determined that 14 tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 using the words "progress" or"progressive" in their names were not referred for added scrutiny as potential political cases. In total, 30 percent of the organizations we identified with the words "progress"or "progressive" in their names were processed as potential political cases.

In comparison, our audit found that 100 percent of the tax-exempt applications with Tea Party, Patriots, or 9/12 in their names were processed as potential political cases during the time frame of our audit.

link

Oh ya tell me again how you can say Progressive and Occupy related groups were equally scrutinized by the IRS ?

The facts show things differentlt.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

Also it should be pointed out that the first time this story came out it was posted by one of the people that responded to this thread. funny that he didn't post the link himself. Oh that could be because it didn't play out the way he painted it.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

top topics

<< 1   >>

join