It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Officials Got Snowden's Middle Name Wrong !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
U.S. Officials Got Snowden's Middle Name Wrong !

This is hilarious and shows the incompetence.

You would think 'they' would get it right if it was Sooooo dang important

.... when the U.S. asked the semiautonomous Chinese city for Snowden's provisional arrest, its response was essentially this: Who exactly do you mean?

Justice Secretary Rimsky Yuen said Hong Kong officials weren't sure who to look for because the U.S. government got Snowden's middle name wrong in documents filed to back its arrest request.

He said Hong Kong immigration records listed Snowden's middle name as Joseph, but the U.S. government used the name James in some documents and referred to him only as Edward J. Snowden in others. ...............

Jimmy J. Joe

and to boot, 'they' never gave Snowden's passport number to Hong Kong either

Yuen said U.S. authorities also failed to provide Snowden's passport number. He said officials received the arrest request on June 15 and sent a request June 21 for clarification. Two days later, Snowden flew to Moscow.

"Up until the moment of Snowden's departure, the very minute, the U.S. Department of Justice did not reply to our request for further information.

I think 'they' had an attack of brain frostbite.

Unless of course, this was fabricated by Hong Kong as an excuse to allow Snowden to 'escape' ?

Funny just the same.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wonderful leaders we have. I trust them implicitly.

I wonder if they tie their own shoes, or do they have some lowly serf to do that for them?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The US govt. expects everyone to just fall over themselves to comply with their demands, they can't be bothered with little details like that.

I'm not surprised, our govt is the most inefficient incompetent organisation in the history of the planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think it was God making them even more stupid in order to free a good man.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
Wonderful leaders we have. I trust them implicitly.

I wonder if they tie their own shoes, or do they have some lowly serf to do that for them?

Nah..., probably velcro, no laces.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It seems to me like a clear cut case of willful negligence on the part of the DOJ. It's almost as if they didn't want him all wrapped up in China...like he had more business elsewhere. I am of the opinion that this is corroborating evidence that Snowden is nothing more than an intelligence assest still in the employ of the Military-Industrial Complex.

Eta: It has always worked to my advantage on a chess board when my opponents thought I was grossly incompetent. How can our intelligence community monitor every single electronic communication and then make such a massive blunder in apprehending one of their former employees turned rogue agent unless it is in fact a clever gambit.

Ha, two X-men references in one sentence.
edit on 6/27/2013 by BishopNGreen because: Just another thought...

edit on 6/27/2013 by BishopNGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BishopNGreen

That may be the case but I don't believe that at this moment. Until I get proof of that, I wouldn't trust any of our leaders to watch my pet rock.

Now that I think about it, if it is true, then all the more reason to not trust them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
bleep bleep
blurp blurp

Can you hear me?
edit on 27-6-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

I in no way endorse the trusting of any government, especially ones that are run like businesses/run on a profit margin and have carte blanche in killing their own citizens. This Snowden situation seems like baiting an unknown animal. Dangle some fresh meat and see what creatures come calling on the carrion.
edit on 6/27/2013 by BishopNGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yet...let one of us put one single bit of wrong information on our Tax return, and they are all over us, like ants on a pic nik basket....

One thing about our Government that never ceases to astound me. How they can continually get it wrong, yet cry foul when they are called on the carpet for incompetence.

Des

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BishopNGreen

We will just have to wait and see how it all shakes out. Right now, I'm cautiously optimistic. I believe he's the real deal, right now, but I only know a small portion of the story.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Legitimate question: Why do folks think a middle name is an important piece of demographic information? It occurs to me that if the last name, social security number, passport number, military id number, etc are correct then the middle name is a moot point.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Unless of course, this was fabricated by Hong Kong as an excuse to allow Snowden to 'escape' ?

Or it was an intentional mistake on the US Officials' part.

If some in our government wanted a new cold war with Russia, what better way to chill the air?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

I share the same hope as you. However, our government is notoriously devious and if he had major/earth shattering info, he'd be dead unless they "handed" him that information for their own nefarious purposes. I sure as hell hope he has the information to take down the U.S. government(Military-Industrial Complex) because I am sick from the thought of raising my children under such a tyrannical entity.
edit on 6/27/2013 by BishopNGreen because: forgot a word...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It could be that the US does not want to appear soft and encourage more whistleblowing, but they dont want to actually get him, having to deal with him and being this big tyrannical state which prosecuted a man for ratting out the state to the people. So ideally they want to keep the situation in limbo.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i dont trust any situation involving spies and information, on either side. I dont trust what our government "employees" are doing to our country.

new topics

top topics

join