It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAHAHA we have all been played the fool!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
i take it you have been to the north of scotland

Nope. Just lived in the Bible Belt of the USA all my life.

I would however love to visit Scotland!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by billdadobbie
i take it you have been to the north of scotland

Nope. Just lived in the Bible Belt of the USA all my life.

I would however love to visit Scotland!
do but not on a sunday
just joking we have moved on a bit .

it is only recently that some islands have allowed ferries/planes to work on a sunday

no wonder the rest of the world thinks we wear kilts 27/7 are called angus and have red hair and live in caves

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61

That was a if EVERYBODY was homosexual to prove the point its not natural.The topic is gay marriage NOT government/corporate corruption.And you feel because of that corruption this subject is small potatoes in comparison its OK?Yeah good reasoning
One only has to look into the Sodom and Gomora tale as the HEATHENS of that time wanted to have HOMOSEXUAL sex with the angels sent by the Lord.I'm a Christian but not an evangelist btw and even if you don't believe that doesn't make the morality lessons in the book any less valid.
edit on 27-6-2013 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)
So let me get this straight....for something to be natural, EVERYONE must have the trait? So....you're saying being straight isnt natural? You're saying no matter your hair or eye color, it isnt natural? That basically anything and everything, isnt natural? For real? You're not making much sense.

Its unfortunate that your religion teaches you to hate, but I refuse to be governed but something so evil....

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

I don't do the bible so you're barking up the wrong tree. IMO this current "legal" frenzy over sexual behavior is merely an immature rebellion against nature and obviously those who were born "different" have every right to feel betrayed by nature (or perhaps they were betrayed by DNA altering vaccines that were administered at birth).

Either way, self indulgence is the antithesis of self restraint and self respect. Legalizing self indulgence doesn't make it right or acceptable and if you can't see that, you need to spend more time down at the law library pouring over all the other insane laws on the books.
I dont follow...isnt it self indulgence for straight people to get married? How is it any different?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I dont follow...isnt it self indulgence for straight people to get married? How is it any different?

How is it self indulgent? A marriage license is a contract between two people AND the government. It isn't worth much other than as a legal permit from government for a couple of humans to procreate. I think people were doing that before they exited the caves or we wouldn't be here. So who invented the license part and for whose benefit? Of course a lot of people have been procreating without the license for a while now so government had to start issuing social security cards to newborns who would not otherwise be legally identified and licensed products that can be regulated and taxed.

A license is a permit to do that which would be illegal without a license. People actually fight for that privilege.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

How is it self indulgent? A marriage license is a contract between two people AND the government. It isn't worth much other than as a legal permit from government for a couple of humans to procreate. I think people were doing that before they exited the caves or we wouldn't be here. So who invented the license part and for whose benefit? Of course a lot of people have been procreating without the license for a while now so government had to start issuing social security cards to newborns who would not otherwise be legally identified and licensed products that can be regulated and taxed.

A license is a permit to do that which would be illegal without a license. People actually fight for that privilege.
That is utter and complete nonsense. What you are basically saying is that everything is illegal until it is made legal. You have it backwards.

Perhaps I am simply not following you, but you arent making a lot of sense to me. To say that its self indulgent for one group to want the same benefits as another, but its not self indulgent for the group that gets the benefits to try and keep them for themselves seems like a completely hypocritical stance to me.
edit on 27-6-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
If homosexuality is OK than mankind would have disappeared thousands of years ago with no procreation.Myself having to pay these perverts with my tax money in the form of benefits is a fkn outrage.

Wait. What exactly would you pay "these perverts" out of your taxes under the ruling? You might want to rethink your view on that. Explain how rights of survivorship and the ability to file taxes jointly costs you a single penny.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That is utter and complete nonsense. What you are basically saying is that everything is illegal until it is made legal. You have it backwards.

Not everything. But try to go into business without a license. Drive a car without a license. Hell, you can't even put a boat in the water and go fishing without two separate licenses and never mind if you don't even catch a fish.

Perhaps I am simply not following you, but you arent making a lot of sense to me. To say that its self indulgent for one group to want the same benefits as another, but its not self indulgent for the group that gets the benefits to try and keep them for themselves seems like a completely hypocritical stance to me.

Yes, perhaps you aren't following me. That's probably because I'm talking behavior and you're talking benefits ~ or should I say perceived benefits. Remember that old saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"? It applies here.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
who cares.

it definitely doesn't deserve a massive discussion on the internet that will achieve absolutely nothing

we could all just stop talking about it and sleep in the same bed with whoever we want. it's that easy. but no.. gotta push for it to be legalized so that all the anti gays come out and 'speak their mind' about it so the politicians have something to keep yall entertained with.

ever think that marriage is BS?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

ever think that marriage is BS?

Bingo. People don't think they are capable of committing to anything without written permission/orders by some "higher power".

And then they b*tch about not being sovereign or free.

edit on 27-6-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minus

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by truthermantwo

There is a huge difference between using illegal substances and being born gay!

Born gay? so people actually got born not to reproduce? sick world

Why do you care if people reproduce?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Minus

Yes of course you can be gay and christian at the same time..

www.gaychristian.net...

Thats a good thing.
500 years ago homosexuality was a death sin in the eyes of god, but again pretty much of everything we do today where a sin 500 years ago. thank god for the flexible bible and adjusting his view on whats a sin

edit on 27-6-2013 by Minus because: corrected thank

Holy SPIT!

Do you meant to tell me that GOD himself came here and spoke to the masses?

You must have a bad ass Bible. Mine says he had candid conversations with Moses and Noah and a few others, but NEVER did it say GOD HIMSELF came to the world to tell us he loves all his children except the gay ones.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawg61

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.

That was gods view on gays for a loooong long time, how did that view change?

OH, I see the problem. It's only a slight malfunction on your part. Let me fix that for you.

"That was gods MAN's view on gays for a loooong long time, how did that view change?
edit on 27-6-2013 by network dude because: strike you down

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Leviticus 25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

This has been God's view as well. My question to you is, do you enforce God's view on everything, or only the parts that you agree with?

If you are going to use the bible as justification for bigotry and hatred then you should follow all of it. If you chose to dismiss part of it, you should dismiss all of it.

DC

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Not everything. But try to go into business without a license. Drive a car without a license. Hell, you can't even put a boat in the water and go fishing without two separate licenses and never mind if you don't even catch a fish.

Here's where you are confused. They didnt start out illegal. Laws were made declaring them illegal.

Yes, perhaps you aren't following me. That's probably because I'm talking behavior and you're talking benefits ~ or should I say perceived benefits. Remember that old saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"? It applies here.
No, Im not confused about that. Problem is, your statement is still contradictory.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I just don't get the whole court case period. The ruling, the courts authority, or the governments authority. No where in the US Constitution is the government granted the authority to regulate the marriage of 2 consenting adults. In fact at the time of the writing of the Constitution the government was not a party to marriages since it was deemed a religious ceremony and as such the government couldn't interfere since it would violate the first amendment.

That is the way it should have remained under a constitutional government. However as history has shown it is the way of things for government to grow and liberty to wane, and now government (and many people) think that government has to be our nannies and be involved in every aspect of our lives.

We are guaranteed thru the "fundamental rights" clause of our Constitution the right to pursue our happiness and if a person wants to marry another of their same sex, or practice polygamy, or marry their favorite stuffed animal as long as it doesn't deprive another of rights, liberty, property, or security then the government has absolutely no constitutional authority to intervene.

I do wonder if this will open the doors for those who wish to practice polygamy to be free from the fear of facing prison time for following their religious beliefs and marrying more than 1 wife. How that has never been found unconstitutional is beyond me since it was a common practice to have more than one wife in OT days.

The fact is that the problem with our nation today on matters from gay marriage to illegal drug use was summed up be the Oh So Wise Justice Sotomayor when she was being appointed and said "We are a nation of laws". That is a complete antithesis to liberty and freedom, which is our founding principle as a nation. Laws are enacted to control the population and you cannot say you are a free nation when the government enacts thousands of laws each year to control you.

We are all endowed with certain unalienable rights, among them are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and to secure those rights governments are instituted among men. The role of government is to secure and protect our rights and the only laws that should be enacted are those that serve to protect the rights of free men and if a person wants to marry the same sex they have the right to do so and no law should be written to infringe or limit their ability to do so.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

More than one wife....Hmmm let me think..........//bitching from the right........//bitching from the left......

I am thinking....no.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

HaHa!

Yeah I know what you mean, I've always said there isn't anything I can really think of that I'm scared of. That is until I saw an episode on TV about polygamy, I think it was a series on Discovery or TLC, now I can honestly say there is one thing that scares the hell out of me and that's having to deal with 2 or 3 duplicates of my wife. I would for sure be bugging out if I were in that situation.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Nucleardiver

More than one wife....Hmmm let me think..........//bitching from the right........//bitching from the left......

I am thinking....no.
its a hard life when you have not got a wife and the next door neighbour got 3

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by frazzle

Here's where you are confused. They didnt start out illegal. Laws were made declaring them illegal.

No, Im not confused about that. Problem is, your statement is still contradictory.

I'm not sure why you would be so concerned about "my confusion" when I'm perfectly comfortable with my conclusions and see no contradictions in them. It isn't vital to my sense of wellbeing to know that you agree with my conclusions, anyway, so you can stop worrying about it.

But of course these behaviors (fishing, driving, doing business, and more) were not always illegal. That was back in the days when people were free to make their own ways in life, or to screw up and pay the price for it all by their lonesome.

Then the people in charge figured out how to turn normal everyday activities into money making schemes that gave themselves (government) an unlimited cash flow as well as control over those normal everyday activities. Each new scheme came wrapped in fancy ad campaign slogans and promises of safety and everlasting happiness, but they advertise only the benefits until people just have to have all those good things. What the advertisements never say is that once they're got the signatures on the dotted line, the folks in charge will own their a$$e$ forever. Its called marketing. Its also known as let the buyer beware.

Marriage is kind of like the mob ~ easy to get into, damned hard to get out of with your pride or your pocketbook intact, and sometimes your life. I'm sure many of the newlyweds will soon discover that fact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join