It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it right on ATS to let people call others an abomination because they are Gay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I see this an awful lot and I deem it hate speech, so why does it go on?
I know mods can't go through every thread but can we have some official line on this?
If I called any other group of people an abomination surely it would get pulled.
To me this is hate speech disguised as religious talk and is just wrong in my opinion.
Anyhow flame or agree.
edit on 27-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Agree. Just alert the post. Enough people do it, it will be fixed. Sometimes it can get hectic here, so unless I hope that they find it I wont do anything, but if its hateful then yes, alert the crap out of it!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
We've received your complaint and handled it accordingly.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Saying being gay is an abomination is not the same as calling someone who is gay an abomination though. That is a personal belief.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by superman2012
Saying being gay is an abomination is not the same as calling someone who is gay an abomination though. That is a personal belief.

There lies the difference.

I can generalize and say all cops are pigs for example, but if I know a certain ATS member is LEO and call him a filthy pig, that's a T&C infraction.

Mind you, it's always best to stay away from that kind of inflammatory rhetoric all together and in most cases it's not a cut and dry type of action the staff take. We do all actions based on consensus other than the most obvious kinds of T&C infractions.

~Tenth

ETA: As the question has been answered , this thread is now closed. Please seek out staff via PM or the complaints feature for any more clarification.

edit on 6/27/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/27/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

join