It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Errors of Edward Snowden and His Global Hypocrisy Tour

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Glenn Greenwald is the one closest to Snowden. He is the one Snowden released this information to and broke this story. FWIW Greenwald has a very positive view of Snowden and his motives.

Watch the video here:

Greenwald on Snowden

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally, I did see Snowden as a hero. He exposed to the American people a serious infringement and had all of my respect. Since then, he has gone out of his way (in my opinion) to turn from hero to traitor. It's one thing to expose something to Americans, and quite another to talk to heads of foreign countries, offering up information.

As for the martyr tag, martyrs rarely run away, seeking asylum. If he considers himself a martyr, then he does not comprehend the definition of the word.

@JesselynRadack
As #whistleblower atty who's rep'd #NSA's '@Thomas_Drake1--went thru EVERY internal channel--I'd have told #Snowden 2 do exactly what he did
---
Oh yeah, Snowden sure messed up by not using that hugely effective IC whistleblowing system.

twitter link

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Yeah.....

There's NO WAY the way it should have worked, works!

(quite a sentence)

They really shouldn't be angry at him. All their checks and balances are broken.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Another document that I probably shouldn’t share since it’s not published but I am going to share it with you anyway—and this one’s coming soon but you’re getting a little preview—It talks about how a brand new technology enables the National Security Agency to redirect into its repositories one billion cell phone calls every single day, one billion cell phone calls every single day.

link to transcript for those who can't watch a video

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Just because our govt. Has been spying on Americans and other countries for as long as anyone can remember doesn't make it acceptable.

The source even points out that with all the information that gets collected they fail to act on it in a timely manner.
As has already been said, I could care less about Snowden, I'm interested in the info he has released.

Collecting everything there is to know about everyone on the planet to catch a handful of scumbags is not a fair trade.

That's the thing: they fail to act on it. Just like Pearl Harbor.

Why? Do you think that they are just too busy to stop a base from being bombed? Or at the very least, send out an alert so the guys weren't just all hanging out in dock?

No. They get their information, and act on what they want to act on. The rest.....they just allow to happen. Which then begs the question: why are they collecting all this data in the first place? I think you see the point here....it isn't collected to thwart terrorism. Never has been, never will be. Its for something a little different....now what could that possibly be?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

They get their information, and act on what they want to act on. The rest.....they just allow to happen. Which then begs the question: why are they collecting all this data in the first place? I think you see the point here....it isn't collected to thwart terrorism. Never has been, never will be. Its for something a little different....now what could that possibly be?
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have to say BFHT you have been rockin' the threads the past few days. I probably should know and I am for sure scared to ask, but why do you think they collect the information?

To address the thread topic, I am on the fence about Snowden. I am not surprised by anything he revealed really. He has given up everything to do what he did. Patriot or traitor? I am leaning towards patriot.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

As I said in another thread, and which I believe. It has to do with the future. A future of data and pre-crime, and thought police. Its not out of the realm of assumption.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join