It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Last Night (Arab Spring Texas Style)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

yup, let's just toss morality out the window.

face it, our system of law is based on coercion against performing certain acts. murder is one of these. you're making the moral relativity argument but it doesn't work as a philosophy.

That’s exactly the issue here.

When you hear people say “times have changed and the country should change with the times” that means the standard of morality in the country has again dropped and we want everyone to lower their standards.

People are trying to impose their LACK of morality!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lovely, a thread about the people taking back their own power and standing up to the politicians turns into an abortion debate among hypocrites.

You're all about freedom unless it offends your delicate, religious, conservative sensibilities. I have not nor would I ever have an abortion personally. However, it is none of my damn business, or yours if someone else does. Your religion has no place in my life or our government.

Also, we live in a Republic, not a democracy. This is designed to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority. So even if most of the people in Texas are brainwashed christian fundamentalists it doesn't give them the right to impose their dogma on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Lovely, a thread about the people taking back their own power and standing up to the politicians turns into an abortion debate among hypocrites.

The OP is about abortion law in Texas…

Also, we live in a Republic, not a democracy. This is designed to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

How well did that work out for the millions of young lives snuffed out by the majority?

So even if most of the people in Texas are brainwashed christian fundamentalists it doesn't give them the right to impose their dogma on everyone else.

Actually, Texas has every right to pass that law and you have every right not to live here. That’s how it works in a democratic republic.

There are thousands of abortions in Texas every year, I’m sure. This law is simply designed to reduce later term abortions. If you’re not a resident of Texas and wouldn’t get an abortion anyway (as you stated) then it’s really not your concern what we do here. Nobody’s rights are being violated.

edit on 28-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Lovely, a thread about the people taking back their own power and standing up to the politicians turns into an abortion debate among hypocrites. You're all about freedom unless it offends your delicate, religious, conservative sensibilities. I have not nor would I ever have an abortion personally. However, it is none of my damn business, or yours if someone else does. Your religion has no place in my life or our government.

i've already explained that i'm against abortion for the same reason i'm against murder. it has nothing to do with religion restricting anyone's actions.

you could make this argument if we were discussing homosexuality (and in that case i'm all for equality because i can find no moral reason for it to be wrong), but not abortion.

claiming that being against abortion, yet for personal freedom, makes one hypocritical is the same as claiming that being against murder, yet for personal freedom, is hypocritical. i mean, i'd never murder anyone, but what business is it of mine if someone else does? that doesn't work.

you're quite right that killing anyone, though especially children, offends me. i wouldn't say that is delicate, nor would i say that is a conservative trait. i don't buy into the political dichotomy.

Also, we live in a Republic, not a democracy. This is designed to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

no it isn't. a republic is designed such that the right thing is done, no matter if that opinion is in the minority, or the majority. people are elected and given the job of researching and understanding legal matters because there are so many laws and nuances that it isn't feasible to assume that a majority of americans have a firm enough grasp of the issues to write laws.

So even if most of the people in Texas are brainwashed christian fundamentalists it doesn't give them the right to impose their dogma on everyone else.

the same foolish argument that assumes people are against abortion solely because of religion. i've already addressed this.
edit on 28-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have a question for those who are in favor of abortion after 20 weeks. If a pregnant woman is murdered at 24 weeks which in turn kills the baby growing inside of her, would you want a single murder charge or a double murder charge?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Foreverseeking

Ah Typical Liberal response and lumping anyone who disagree's with your view in to 1 group who is instantly evil.. I would also like to point out you should practice what you preach. Using the word Tea Bagger is very much offensive and vulgar name calling. Don't get Me wrong this goes both ways with so called conservatives who use labels such as liberal scum bags. This is the whole damn reason why nothing gets done that matters cause our so called elected officials are busy trying to fix a problem that should lye with the individual or couple.

If women want to get abortions simply cause they are not ready then fine by me. However they should pay for it. Not one dime should come out of anyone's pocket because She Can't keep her legs closed or he cant keep his crap in his pants. While Rape or incest is different. Anything else you pay for it Not ME!! Otherwise I recommend getting fixed.
edit on 29-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: rephrase of comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

If only these people cared as much about the millions of women and children being murdered around the world by the federal government, and the trillions of dollars being literally stolen from the American people through fraud and deceit by the international bankers that control the government.

Unfortunately the only thing they can get worked up about are idiotic social issues like abortion, which the government should never be involved in to begin with. And that's exactly what the elites want you lemmings to focus on, irrelevant social issues, so they can continue to steal from your pockets and turn the whole world into slaves.

But go on, continue "fighting for your rights" by asking for the government to "allow" you to do that which the government should have no control.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Let me give a example of how the current system works.

"Big John" and "Little-Bo-Peep" start kissing and next thing you know oh...lalalala... Next day she takes a test and she realizes she is pregnant. So "Little-Bo-Peep" calls "Big John". I'm pregnant whatever... should We do!!! B.J. replies I don't know!! L.B.P. replies wait I can get a abortion!!.How asks B.J. we do not have any money!. Our neighbor Jon Doe will pay for it.!! Of course B.J. being confused asks... How will you convince him to do that!! it goes against his beliefs!! L.B.P. replies.. well he already has through his taxes!! You See B.J. His federal tax dollars are collected by the government. The those tax dollars are given as grants to Pre- Planned Killing of Babies Hood!! All we have to do is go up there and I'm all set!! B.J. replies I thought those are for breast cancer and such? No no replies L.B.P. that is just a front so as not to let our neighbor John Doe get upset!! Oh that's sweet!!! says B.J. now every time we do the dirty deed and you get pregnant we can just rely on John Doe to pay for it!!

That right there is pretty much how the current system works.
edit on 29-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: errorr

edit on 29-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: same

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I heard of one bill in Texas that a bunch of ranchers and property owner did not like and were going to protest.
They were going to bring two double level trailers full of wild hogs to the protest.

One of the ranchers that supplied the trucks had plans if the cops came to breakup there protest he was going to release the hogs in downtown Austin.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join