It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Vape Or Not To Vape?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yepper! The liquid has different nicotine doses. Of course it won't help much if you go to a lower dose and puff on the thing all day! The guy I buy it from doesn't have much of the 14, so I'm still on the 18. At first I said that I will only smoke it when I would normally have a cigg. Then suddenly that all changed because I can smoke it at work while I'm on the computer. People can't see me OR smell it because I'm in the dreaded cubicle. Now I find that I'm taking a puff here there and everywhere! Hanging it on a hook around my neck doesn't help either

Also, I don't smoke it around children, grocery stores, family areas. I don't want the kids to see what looks like smoke or awesome smoke rings and think its cool. Any type of smoking is still bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

I agree with you. I am vaping the same amount of nicotine as I would smoke in a day.
It depends on the individual. Some vape like crazy others just take a puff when they feel the edge coming on.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My hubby and I have been vaping it for some time now, and really LOVE all the different flavors and levels of nicotine available. I have also seen a much higher success rate with totally quitting in the end. We have graduated to making our own e-liquids at home, from bases available cheaply online. I was able to very closely imitate hubby's favorite cigarette brand by playing around a bit with the various flavors out there. U2U me if you want more details, ok?

For those that say e-cigs are "smoking". In one sense they are, yes. But only in the sense that you are still using nicotine, which in and of itself, doesn't cause all the health issues that smoking a regular cigarette does. You are leaving behind all the toxins cigarettes contain, and using just a food grade mix of ingredients, amenable to vaporizing. No, you haven't gotten rid of the nicotine addiction, but it offers a much healthier alternative and an easy way to slow down and eventually quit entirely. It also doesn't smell like anything at all, so no one is offended. In fact, we find the fruit flavors are the tastiest and enjoy having our taste buds back and our sense of smell. The best part is the cost....to get a bottle of e-liquid is around 7$, which will provide you with about a year of vaping pleasure.

I don't encourage or discourage anyone from exploring this option. Discuss it with your family, your physician or whomever you feel you need to talk to before making the decision whether or not to switch to vaping. Do your homework online. Try various formulas and set ups...see what works for you. There are a lot of options on the internet to choose from. I just did a search and come up with thousands of sites on the web.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulSearching8

You can search online and get the base ingredients to make your own e-juice, and it's quite easy to do, actually. You an even determine your own nicotine levels. www.ejuice.breaktru.com... has a calculator that makes it quite easy to do accurately. The base ingredients are quite cheap actually, and there are food grade flavorings out there too that are inexpensive. The calculator page is connected to a site with lots of recipes on it for various flavors and combinations. OR, you can do like I do, and experiment on your own.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JanAmosComenius

I have a 16,000 mAh charger, also available in an 8,000 mAh version, from i.sound (not Apple related). It will charge 5 USB chargeable devices at once. www.isound.net... is the website. Hope this helps!

SK

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
For all you Canadian vapers out there, or wannabe vapers, here is a Canadian website to hook you up with anything you could need or want for your e-cig needs. www.CANVAPE.com... Hope this helps all the Canadians out there!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanAmosComenius
reply to post by boncho

Technically nicotine is insecticide (I grew tobacco and it is really killing insects, modern days insecticides are from neo-nicotinoid family). For sure in this instance it is just bureaucratic obstacle.

Yep... Hey, so is the peanut buttery neem oil.

I can see how they get away with it, but it's complete BS IMO. They make rules, laws and legislation for specifics however, and it should only be used for those specifics.

Just because something in high doses can be one thing, does not make it the same in minuscule amounts. That would be like regulating 99.9% Acetic Acid the same as you do vinegar.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
the u.k goverment has regulated them as a medicine now
all about the tax

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I love vaping. been at it 3 months since i first saw a thread here. now I have vamos, protanks, sigelei's, all kinds of stuff. I'm so addicted! Lately I have been gettting e-juice from Ahlusion. they are really great, have some great tobacco NET liquids.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A HUGE THANKS to everyone who gave me links, advice, etc. It's a pretty big area to just step into with out some feedback here and there. You guys are always great!

reply to post by soulwaxer

I know!! WOW @ the amount of stuff you can get and the personalization choices you have! It took me a while to decide too. Even after I ordered I was scared I wouldn't be happy with it until it arrived. Mine came in yesterday. Fortunately I am very satisfied so far. I am still looking into all the other stuff available. Good luck in your hunt!! I feel your pain & thanks so much for the link.

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty
Congrats on the switch! I bought a G-Hit kit about a month ago after being a heavy smoker for more than 20 years. My G-Hit kIt comes with two vapes and a charger and I absolutely love it.

My favorite flavors so far are honeysuckle, cash crop and brownie batter. Vape shops have sprouted up like weeds here in Oklahoma. I hear that the people opening the shops are making a ton of money. I can see why.

I saw the honeysuckle, but opted for some egg nog instead!!
I have not tried it yet though.

I wish we had some shops sprouting up here. I just mentioned to my husband that if a man had a mind and some money....

reply to post by JanAmosComenius

I completely agree. I think big tobacco is probably already trying to see what their best position is. I predict some kind of crack down as well. We shall see!

reply to post by billdadobbie

I saw where they did that.
I think the government (everywhere) will probably try their best to start regulating it and taxing it. It's the status quo unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join