It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Vape Or Not To Vape?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Switched to ecigarette after smoking box+ more then 20 years. First I got some chines crap masqueraded as a cigarette. Quite useless. I went back to tobacco. Latter my friend gave me his Steamboy. Now I'm vaping for 2 month. It is sooo goood. Only drawback is that I'm not in possession of solid mobile powersource. My steamboy is connected directly to 5V branch of my computer power source (USB have various current limit depending on USB version and implementation), hence when I went to festival I bought a pack of tobacco. First few cigarettes were really distasteful.
Now I'm working on solid mobile source chargeable of the USB - it is much more complex then I expected.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

How did I NOT KNOW that was Mr. Bean?? *facepalm*

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Check out greensmoke (e-cig! Mods, calm down!)

Just google them... They are very user friendly and usually have some fairly decent sales. Regardless it is more "up front" expensive but will most definitely pay off in the long run.

To be quite honest I don't consider them as a total replacement, rather a tool to help ween yourself off those disgusting deathsticks- which no matter how much we might like to pretend, is actually filled with hundreds of toxic chemicals (in the paper alone)

Honestly anyone trying to find an alternative to smoking cigarettes, please PM me and I'd be glad to help them grab a decent deal with these E-Cigs.... It might save you some money, and better yet some oxygen capacity.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have tried e cigs.
I smoke maybe 15 or so roll ups a day.
1st e cig was a "medium"strength disposable.
I lasted half a day...Why?
Because it made me feel totally wired,like I had drunk 20 cups of coffee-unpleasant buzzing headache,sort of shaky all over.

So I bought a "low"strength version,this time a reusable one.

Exactly the same happened,even though I tried only taking one puff instead of a few at a time.

What am I doing wrong???
I am gutted they do this to me,as I really want to quit tobacco.

Does anyone else get the same negative effects I get,and does anyone have any tips for me to use ecigs without the wired side effects?
Do these effects happen to everyone at first ,and I didn't give it time for them to dissapate?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I smoked for 35 years and tried vaping. I haven't had a cigarette in 2 years.

I thoroughly enjoy vaping and really don't miss the cigs. I am, however, still addicted to nicotine and stress if I can't find my e-cig. Nicotine is not really harmful though. Addictive, but no more harmful than caffiene. A recent study showed vaping has 1/1000th the harmful toxins that regular cigs do.

My husband was diagnosed with COPD two months ago and decided to try vaping. Going on 7 weeks now, no cigarettes!!

I get so frustrated with people who frown on vaping. It is not the perfect solution, but it is a lifesaver. Here in Canada, e-cigs are banned but regular cigs are OK.
They say it is not "regulated" so selling is illegal......but will take no steps to regulate it to make it available.

You can still buy online though at fairly good prices in Canada. I use a clearomizer tank and twist eGO batteries.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Gamma MO because: Added last line.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by cheesy

go go go..you can do it sir!! it's better feel sick temporary..then you will feel fresh for a long time! quit smoking!

Being a ma'am
... I still Thank You!!
Surprisingly it only took about 3 days to start really feeling the effects. I smelled my laundry detergent on my bed sheets for the first time in longer than I can remember lol. It's unreal how much you can go without smelling and tasting and not even know it.
edit on 6/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)
when i stopped smoking i was shocked at how bad everyone smelled that smoked even 30 + foot away i could smell a heavy smoker good on you for quitting try glycrin from the chemist/drugstore in your e/cig it works as good as the refils
good luck

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ohhhhhh, you mean 'that' type of vaping... Had to check!

I have quite a few friends who have quit smoking via the e-cigs, and am constantly hearing of others too.

Yes it may not be 'completely' healthy, but imo it's a 100 times better than real cigs.

Fair play to you OP, keep it up!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yeah I indulge in vaping...with the Volcano. Also blu e-cigs. I think they're better than cigarettes.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

VAPE!! Definitely vape!! Good for you!! I am a reformed smoker that is now vaping. I'm also doing the liquid which is much cheaper than buying the E-ciggs in the store. I haven't had a cigg since I started which is about 3 months now. Actually that's not true, I tried a cigg 1 wk after switching, YUCK. Then I tried again about 3 days ago (just to see) DOUBLE YUCK!! What was I thinking smoking those nasty things for so many years!! I smoked for about 30 years, no kidding. I know how hard it is to stop. Before I switched, I was feeling terrible. I knew I had to quit. Every time I smoked my chest would hurt and I was all around feeling yucky. I don't feel yucky anymore. I feel great. My chest doesn't hurt, I have more energy, stamina and all the great things that come with quiting smoke, however I am addicted to the nicotine that comes with the vape. I'm going to start to lower the nicotine from 18 to 14. I have tried many of the flavors and now have my favorite.
There are a lot of negative things posted on the internet about how bad e-ciggs are for you yada yada. If you consider all the garbage they put in ciggs and still want to enjoy the whole oral blow smoke thing, then vaping is the way to go.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Try the liquid. Go to totallywicked.com. They sell the liquid and kits and will give you all the info you need.
I have heard of others not doing well on the store bought e-ciggs. Everyone I know who then tried the liquid are doing great.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP!

I've smoked 1,5 pack/day for 28 years. 2 weeks ago, I saw a dad vaping at my son's school-party (no smoking allowed). He had one of those refill tank systems. It looks like a little bong, but without the bowl. He just had it lying on the table in front of him casually took a hit from it once in a while. I walked straight up to him and asked him if that was vaping and if I could try a hit... WOW! It was very similar to taking a drag from a cigarette. Not 100 percent the same, but definitely close enough.

I have been researching these kits for 2 weeks now and my head is spinning from all the different systems, parts, e-liquids, etc available. There is also a huge freak culture emerging in vaping. Check out some review vids on youtube...
A lot of people seem to be absolutely obsessed with these...

Some of these are amazing and look really high-tech. Some have telescopic designs so you can can scale them down or up with different batteries. A lot of them are variable voltage and wattage and have a small LED screen and tiny buttons to fine-tune the thing. They call these systems 'mods'. They are supposed to give much better (and more) vapor than the smaller cigarette-style ones. Also, they have longer lasting batteries and are much more durable.

I am going to order one of those, but am still narrowing some options down. It's hard to choose something so personal when you can't try it out.

OP, here is a good read: The Vapor's Handboek

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

I'm floored!!! I can't believe e-ciggs are banned in Canada but smoking regular ciggs are ok, just because their not regulated? Thats BS. I just glanced at a brief article about that, but I thought it wasn't real.
They take away my vape in US, well, lets just say I'll have to change my profile pic.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8

I'm floored!!! I can't believe e-ciggs are banned in Canada but smoking regular ciggs are ok, just because their not regulated? Thats BS. I just glanced at a brief article about that, but I thought it wasn't real.
They take away my vape in US, well, lets just say I'll have to change my profile pic.

I wouldn't worry about them taking your vape away. From what I've read, they will never be able to ban all the separate parts and ingredients, so you will always be able to set up a kit and mix your own juice. This is the way many experienced vapors already do it, even if only because it comes out a lot cheaper.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Congrats on the switch! I bought a G-Hit kit about a month ago after being a heavy smoker for more than 20 years. My G-Hit kIt comes with two vapes and a charger and I absolutely love it.

My favorite flavors so far are honeysuckle, cash crop and brownie batter. Vape shops have sprouted up like weeds here in Oklahoma. I hear that the people opening the shops are making a ton of money. I can see why.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Well that's a relief! Thanks! I can breathe again! Literally! lol

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Technically they aren't banned. What happened was when Health Canada (and the tobacco companies) first heard about them, they tried to treat them like a smoking cessation aide. (Nicorette et al) but than one smart distributor said, Nuh Uh!

Because they are not. They are a consumer product.

So, Health Canada in tandem with the RCMP were sending cease and desist orders to sellers, claiming that no health studies were done on ecigs, so they couldn't legally sell them.

One vendor said, no, sorry, this is a consumer product so it's not regulated by those laws you are citing. Health Canada has since taken down its warning about ecigs in that way.

Currently, it's a big grey area.

They cannot do anything to stop sales of ecigs or the juice. But, they have instructed customs to seize any juice they find being shipped.

They are able to do this under a law that was made for insecticide in mind.

They are playing around trying to use whatever means they can to hinder the sale and distribution of ecigs and nicotine juice, but they have no ground to stand on.

It's completely shameful when they look at ecigs and say "Prove your health claims!"

And then you look at tobacco and say, "Uh, what health claims did Players or Marlboro make exactly? We'll give you cancer! ??"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yes, there is great battle emerging. Tobacco companies are panicking because ecigs are really working substitution (nicotine patches are only useful for overdosing tobacco lobbyists
). Tax collectors are panicking for same reason. There is probably no way how to ban or tax nicotine vaporizers as devices, but what we can expect is taxation and heavy regulation of "liquids". Big pharma is sniffing their share in this business.
What can we expect?
1. Lot of "peer reviewed" studies shoving that vaping is as harmful or more than smoking tobacco
2. Officials will start to "protect our children" from new plague (already happening)
3. Licensing of "liquids" with such strict criteria that only big corporate players will comply + heavy taxation
4. Black market emerging
edit on 27-6-2013 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Try the liquid. Go to totallywicked.com. They sell the liquid and kits and will give you all the info you need.
I have heard of others not doing well on the store bought e-ciggs. Everyone I know who then tried the liquid are doing great.

Hey thanks,I will look into that-I am guessing you can lower the amount of liquid to give you less nicotine?
I think my prob was I was getting too much nicotine with the Ecigs I tried.
Maybe the liquid is the way to go,I am determined to get there eventually.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Technically nicotine is insecticide (I grew tobacco and it is really killing insects, modern days insecticides are from neo-nicotinoid family). For sure in this instance it is just bureaucratic obstacle.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez

The huge "Puff Count" on ecigs lead to people smoking more frequently and much much longer due to not having to stop at the butt of a cigarette or two. I have no clue what the downfall of this would be since you are only inhaling the nicotine vapor and not all the other chemicals and smoke. But I figure I would point that out if you hadnt noticed already. Also, If you start to find the ecigs are becoming expensive I hear it is cheaper to purchase something like a "G pen". Its a personal vaporizer. Google it if you arent already aware of it, pretty neat. It can also be used for other things.
But I digress lol.

You are already light years healthier having kicked the chemicals. Goodluck brother.
Can only get better from here.

Not necessarily true. I'm a 20-a-day smoker turned e-cig user and surprisingly a 10ml of e-liquid lasts me 3 weeks sometimes.

I use it a lot less because without a start or ending there is no need to "finish" anything, I can have a puff whenever I like. There are people who use them excessively, it just comes down to the individual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join