It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

- Art work - My (Psychedelic?) Sketches

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

This notion of more than the physical is interesting, because I find that even the space you are referring to must be essentially physical, but is hidden by our shared observation, it's a relative space I guess.

Yea, there is usually some kind of difference in perception. Our difference I believe lies in the methods we achieve the state (as well as personal life experiences etc.). I rely on one method mainly while you seem to use that method as well as several others. So while we are observing the same thing essentially, we do it from different point of views. Not to mention I intentionally go overboard sometimes. That may be where my aspect of the non physical comes into play
Boy, I hope that was vague enough while still getting the point across lol.
edit on 26-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

After Janet Jackson's "Nipplegate" you might want to be careful who sees your art. I'm sure the wrong people will say you are harming the poor children with all those exposed breasts.

Pretty cool stuff, though I'm no art expert as I can barely draw a stick figure.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hi great stuff Im diggin it !

you are very much on the bus !

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow! amazing style of sketching, once again I see a member with a unique style, ahhh that's what I love about real art. The projections of an individual mind onto a paper. You are inspiring me to post some of my art
. Keep at it

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Amazing! You have a lot of talent! I would 100 percent buy these lol Do you sell any of your work? I can't draw for crap /: I wish I could draw like that ..

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

The second one is by far my favorite! I do not know why, but I am drawn to it for some reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Wow...I honestly didn't expect anything worthwhile when I clicked on your link but I stand corrected. All of these are amazing. i am a huge Alex Grey fan, and when you compare art to his, it's almost impossible to measure up. However, these drawings of yours are even more inspiring in some ways. I love your taste in conceptions for each piece, the style of the drawing itself and the substance. It's all fantastic, in fact, I wouldn't mind buying one from you to hang on my wall. I love having original and unique art in my music room, so if you were ever interested in selling or passing along some of your art to someone who would really appreciate it, let me know.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Very interesting. I love your work, different, exciting, and I could look at them all day and find new things, and thoughts. Bravo!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I really enjoyed these, you've got a real talent there.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is an awesome example of how inferior words are compared to art and symbols. Thanks for the truly wonderful pieces.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

great stuff!

try some with color too

sorry just noticed your avatar.

edit on 27-6-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

Dammit Rusty, I said.... LOL love your avatar

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the lovely comments-

I dont really sell my work , but anyone actually interested in buying any of these, or something from my site- message me an offer of money or goods

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Thanks el1jah for showing us these images. If this is from your sketchbook, what do the completed works look like? Or are you just a sketchbook artist?

What someone can do with a "pencil" spells out the depth of his or her art - that ability to put onto a medium, what is in one's mind. You do this very well, and what an interesting mind ...

Some say too little with too much (coughbaroquecoughcough) and some say heaps with very little. You capture simply and effectively, an entire spread of emotions, forms, thoughts, insights etc, all based on the human form, using such a great variety of lines.

I think explaining your themes will just rob the viewers of their ability to imagine. You hint at "Psychedelic". Cannot decide whether your images are psychedelically surrealistic or surrealistically psychedelic. Perhaps Psychosurrealistic.

I enjoyed your mini-exhibition and would love to see more.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey there, those are pretty interesting pieces! Kinda gives me the itch because of all the lines writhing and such but its very intruiging. and pretty in its way. You're talented, and keep it up!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
reply to post by el1jah

This notion of more than the physical is interesting, because I find that even the space you are referring to must be essentially physical, but is hidden by our shared observation, it's a relative space I guess.

Yea, there is usually some kind of difference in perception. Our difference I believe lies in the methods we achieve the state (as well as personal life experiences etc.). I rely on one method mainly while you seem to use that method as well as several others. So while we are observing the same thing essentially, we do it from different point of views. Not to mention I intentionally go overboard sometimes. That may be where my aspect of the non physical comes into play
Boy, I hope that was vague enough while still getting the point across lol.
edit on 26-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: (no reason given)

Yeah man I hear what you are getting at, that space beyond us is the same for all psychedelic explorers, but we don't stay there- so how we respond when we are "ourselves" again is basically why there are so many schools and philosophies around this subject, our subjective experiences bottle the super-experience and label it, then we get attached to the label and forget the experience. That's where using means other than meditation is sort of a sham, when one gets there from raw will and discipline, I believe they carry the state with them more readily in their waking life, while those who blow the brain on one substance or another, can't quite figure out what its all about, but they now have a seed that will make getting there by will alone easier, a vocabulary if you will. So while I advocate all forms of exploring, the only true method in my opinion is the fasting, discipline, and steady mind / discerned self analysis of the obstacles that keep that space separate. Its a delicate balance to keep. Thank god the world has not turned so cold that the arts are still a viable means of exploring the space, the knife of reason may have cut up social perspectives of writing or other art forms, but the individual creator knows full well the felling of the creative mist, the realm of free ideas is still accessible. Sorry I ranted lol, not gonna edit ahhhh "click"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KenArten

Thanks forthe reply, happy you enjoyed the pieces, you are making me blush. Its funny how my sketches tend to draw more attention from a viewer than my paintings or committed works, I work quite hard at it and their is no more soul left. The problem is, I can't make a living selling sketches, but I'm happier they have the effect they do on some viewers, I'm really just trying to capture the idea that is flying between my ears, I haven't figured out how to hold it long enough to create a successful 'refined' pieces, like I said it just blurts out. Most of these sketches were made in 2 or 3 days and I've been dry for several months. Funny I feel the universe has a rhythm to it, when I catch the wave I really feel it and other times it brings me in the opposite directioin, darkness and confusion . very delicate play for me right now creatively . any other artists get this sense of rhythm with their creative drive.

To spin it another way, anyone create while practicing celebacy? Hold your self back from any sexual expression and see how much creativity flows! Its been a strange little experiment, I'd say its worth exploring when one feels dry or uninspired.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KenArten

Oh - you can see more random work of mine at Todde.carbonmade.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I enjoyed the movement and grace of your images. The color one of the woman is really nice. Thank you for sharing you're wonderful talent with us.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Awesome Stuff. I really dig your style!

Curious? Do you do full color stuff as well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join