It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and NSA accused of criminal privacy violations in dozens of countries -- Snowden blowback

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

You think the British public knew about the massive spying of GCHQ?

American's didn't know this was happening, and the people of the UK didn't know this was happening. How the hell do you stop something from happening when you don't know it's happening?

This is how...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Samuelis

Originally posted by Samuelis
So how are citizens of allied nations hypocrites?
Man your full of it.

Because their governments spy on allies and those citizens have done no better job at holding them accountable than the citizens of the US.

So when I see the finger wagging come from any of them, I'm not impressed.
Agree 100%
People fail to review their own government but would love to point finger at someone else. Its human nature I guess

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by innersollus

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
*SMH*

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
As was to be expected... the downplaying of possible consequences in order to try and save face.

The incoming US national security adviser has dismissed claims that the surveillance whistleblower Edward Snowden has weakened the president, Barack Obama, and damaged American foreign policy.

Rice rejected suggestions that Snowden's disclosures had made Obama a lame duck, damaged his political base and hurt US foreign policy, saying: "I think that's bunk." "I don't think the diplomatic consequences, at least as they are foreseeable now, are that significant," she added.

and: "I think the United States of America is and will remain the most influential, powerful and important country in the world, the largest economy, and the largest military, [with] a network of alliances, values that are universally respected."

www.guardian.co.uk...

So now would be a good time to drop some more new evidence/revelations Mr Greenwald.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
tadaaaaaaa, not from Mr greenwald but Wayne Madson:

Revealed: secret European deals to hand over private data to America :

At least six European Union countries in addition to Britain have been colluding with the US over the mass harvesting of personal communications data, according to a former contractor to America's National Security Agency, who said the public should not be "kept in the dark". > names Denmark, the Netherlands, France, Germany, Spain and Italy as having secret deals with the US. Madsen said the countries had "formal second and third party status" under signal intelligence (sigint) agreements that compels them to hand over data, including mobile phone and internet information to the NSA if requested.

Madsen said he was alarmed at the "sanctimonious outcry" of political leaders who were "feigning shock" about the spying operations while staying silent about their own arrangements with the US, and was particularly concerned that senior German politicians had accused the UK of spying when their country had a similar third-party deal with the NSA. Although the level of co-operation provided by other European countries to the NSA is not on the same scale as that provided by the UK, the allegations are potentially embarrassing. "I can't understand how Angela Merkel can keep a straight face, demanding assurances from [Barack] Obama and the UK while Germany has entered into those exact relationships," Madsen said.

Madsen said all seven European countries and the US have access to the Tat 14 fibre-optic cable network running between Denmark and Germany, the Netherlands, France, the UK and the US, allowing them to intercept vast amounts of data, including phone calls, emails and records of users' access to websites.

The European parliament's report followed revelations that the NSA was conducting a global intelligence-gathering operation, known as Echelon, which appears to have established the framework for European member states to collaborate with the US. "A lot of this information isn't secret, nor is it new," Madsen said. "It's just that governments have chosen to keep the public in the dark about it. The days when they could get away with a conspiracy of silence are over."

www.guardian.co.uk...

What we knew all along, but as Madson states "A lot of this information isn't secret, nor is it new," Madsen said. "It's just that governments have chosen to keep the public in the dark about it. The days when they could get away with a conspiracy of silence are over.

Edit: while signing in to comment, the entire article has been taken down (from front page)

edit on 29-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: colour

edit on 29-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There is a fact that every ruling goverment is always trying its best to spy on its citizens to control their minds and to ensure there would not be any threats to its power. This makes internet security more and more important today.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
LOL this Snoden debacle is getting worst by the day on here

The US, UK, EU, Japan, Australia, Taiwan, South Korea, ET-EL

All share this information with one another

And on the Other hand you have...

Russia, China, Iran, Syria, North Korea,

All sharing there Information with one another...

But you dummies just don't get it yet do you

Its called

The Great Information War

Its Cyber Warfare between two faction that are also at Financial War with each other

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthwatch

Napoleon said. The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of the bad people, but by the silence of the good people.

I don't know if he said that, but I do know he said this:

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain." Napoleon Bonaparte

There are no countries, there are no governments, they are an illusion. There are only global financial oligarchs and they are the ones who tell your elected officials what they may and may not do.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join