It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Foods To Never Eat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Concentrated fruit juice, margarine, whole wheat bread, processed soy and GMO corn.

www.introduce.trimdownclub.com...

While searching for info on gluten free foods I came across this video, I thought it was a very informative vid but it was very long and was actually a video for a diet company. Be that as it may, I felt it worth posting for those who are interested in eating healthier and like me looking for ways to lose some weight which are not trendy but good honest nutritional tips. I knew about the margarine vs. butter but I never knew about the other 4 foods that would make you gain weight and were bad about messing with your blood sugar levels. Feel free to add other bad foods to this list...I for one am interested.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What about those of us who literally vomit the gluten free foods, I seem to can't keep them down no matter how hard I try. I agree with the margarine, that stuff will kill you (just being mostly oil and water).
I love whole wheat. I think people don't listen to what their bodies are craving, or WHY they crave certain foods.
Are you craving red meat? Why? Well, perhaps you are low on iron. Craving a salad? need fiber and all those good vitamins contained there. Other then that, don't gorge yourself, eat food that has had as little time from ground to plate as possible; ride a bike for fun and health and don't take life too seriously.

To help with blood sugar levels, use honey mixed with cinnamon. Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar.
edit on 6/26/2013 by Skada because: added bit on honey and cinnamon

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Wait so you saying that whole wheat bread bad for me which I thought it wound be healthier than white bread?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's not a bad video, most of what they are saying is true. It was a long wait through the sale pitch to get the last two items
I knew all of that already, but for those who don't know, it is worth watching. There is a little more to it than this video says but it is a good start for most people. There are different kinds of metabolisms, and different chemistry needed to burn sugar and fats. Maybe the signup will explain this, maybe it won't. I personally am not going to sign up. Everyone's metabolism is different.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

try eating whole grain instead of whole wheat...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

those are great tips...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I agree with most of the video like rickymouse. The traditional food pyramid is wrong but still used by so called nutritionists.

Some things like 'fat you can't shift' simply isn't true. If calories in is less than calories out then you will lose weight no matter what mode your body is in. Fat will be the first to go.

Best bet is to eat low glycemic index foods. Whole wheat bread is definitely better than most white breads though.

I only eat when I am hungry, not to a schedule and definitely not three times a day. Three meals a day is a hangover from the times when most people had manual jobs.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes it was a super long video and thats why I wanted to post the 5 bad foods off the bat so others do not have to expose themselves with the long speel and advertisement jargon.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Can you add brussels sprouts to your list?
I'm pretty sure they are healthy but I think they taste just yucky!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

great point you made about 3 meals a day was for times when one has a lot of physical work...I never thought about it that way...thanks for giving me a different view of the whole 3 square meals a day idealology.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

great point you made about 3 meals a day was for times when one has a lot of physical work...I never thought about it that way...thanks for giving me a different view of the whole 3 square meals a day idealology.

Your body quickly adjusts to your eating patterns so you no longer feel hungry if you eat only once a day. I personally find it hard to take in more calories than I need in one meal.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yes, yes...I agree I hate those tiny cabbage imitators...Yuck

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Whole grain food is better than white bread for a majority of people but you have to remember that there was a reason they started to bleach flour in the first place. Some people are allergic to the protein in whole wheat. Bleaching it took care of the problem. The bromate....that is a different story, most other countries do not allow it in bread because it suppresses the thyroid. They used to put potassium iodide in bread but I guess it did not suppress peoples energy at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Cooked Brussels sprouts are healthy but they do dope you up a little like cabbage does. Cooked cabbage and Brussels sprouts aren't a bad doping though, they seem to make you get along with others and your thinking is slower but more accurate. Asparagus is about the same. Cook these vegetables though, it reduces the doping effect, they lose a lot of their bad properties. Calciferous veggies are goitinerogens. The chemicals are mostly reduced after boiling for five minutes. Cooking also helps to keep these veggies from causing kidney and other stones. It also denatures much of the phytic acid which is an antinutrient. I think since coleslaw is treated with vinegar it may also denature some of the bad parts but I am not sure. Our ancestors knew all of this but the ones in charge of the economy have tried to get us to ignore their teaching of food preparation. It is a concept of getting us to be dependent on the system and not strong enough to challenge it. Ask your grandparents about cooking veggies. They will set you straight

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

They may help you get along with others but when I eat them the noxious gases they produce are enough to scare most people away!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Awesome post, rickymouse! I learned several new things today thanks to you - thank you very much.

To the previous poster who has difficulty with gluten-free foods: Stop buying them. Xanthan gum is often made from wheat or GMO soy, so if you're at all sensitive it can cause a reaction. Guar gum is a laxative - that's what it was developed for and it can still be prescribed. Try making your own gluten-free foods and see if your reaction lessens. It really isn't hard. Don't follow the recipes that make it hard because it doesn't have to be! Gluten-free convenience food is just as bad as glutinous convenience food.

Disclosure: I make gluten-free flours, so I say a lot of the above in order to make money. So there's that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I never said that others would want you around

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

ALL bread is bad for you. THERE IS NO GOOD BREAD. However whole grain bread is LESS BAD for you than white bread.
edit on 6-27-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for more.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

>>To help with blood sugar levels, use honey mixed with cinnamon. Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar.

That's my favorite nightly (well, almost nightly) tea. Just put a good dose of cinnamon in a cup of hot water and add a lot of raw honey. Try to use true Ceylon cinnamon (which is harder to find in most regular grocery stores).

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi,

See this sites www.foods4betterhealth.com... For more information

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join