It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man faces 13 years in prison for writing in chalk outside bank!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
Like I said before, he had some points but he went off the deep end several post ago. Now hes on come righteous quest to get his mortgage refinanced lol. Someone let him know Bank of America isnt reading this.

I have my home loan at a good rate with Wells Fargo. Not a fan of them, it was much better under Wachovia. I would never use Bank of America, they suck, hard. I would put my money under my mattress before I gave them a penny.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yes at a cost of $93 for each cleaning. Very reasonable.

I can see with that kind of opinion debate will go nowhere.

Wrong. The law states the freedom of speech is not a defense for vandalism. The judge is enforcing the law. It's a good law. You can't deface my house and claim freedom of speech.

The point of contention here is that chalk is considered vandalism. Obviously the degree should be taken into consideration. If I scribble two words it should not be considered vandalism. If I cover the whole front of the bank in figures committing lewd sexual acts then yes, I can see your point.

Get off your high horse. You had some valid points but now your off the deep end.
edit on 26-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: typo

So how much do you think a company will charge you to come clean your sidewalk? $93 is very reasonable. If you think otherwise you are delusional.

I am glad you brought in that it's vandalism based on the EXTREME nature of the event. Had he wrote in chalk once and never did it again, charging may be lawful but it would be a travesty. Fact is he did this over 60 times, each charge accounts for 2 weeks of his vandalism. It is the extreme nature of his vandalising with chalk that warrants charges.

On your planet $93 to clean chalk may be reasonable. Im booking the next spaceship there so I can join that racket. And the only "EXTREME" crimes committed were by the banks and they get away with them in contrast to the scribbles this man made and is being prosecuted for. Not wasting any more time with you. If you cant see the insanity in that then theres nothing else I can do.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

So I can deface your house with chalk every day for the rest of your life

Comparing him to Bank of America is not helping your cause lol
You are surrendering all the ground you made previously. Lets agree that you had a point ten post ago but since then have become overzealous and I will forget the last 8 post of nonsense.
edit on 26-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Can I spray paint your car and claim freedom of speech?

my car is my property, private property. spray paint causes damage, one must pay for it's removal. that would be considered vandalism because you have harmed my property. using chalk in a public place is not vandalism. your analogy is poor.

however, a judge barring representation from mentioning freedom of speech as a defense IS illegal. the judge could easily lose his position for good if handled right.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeTimez

The demonized banksters don't like their globalist operations hindered or maligned.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

it was much better under Wachovia.

oh, you mean the bank that laundered BILLIONS (no seriously, like 400 billion dollars) of cartel drug money, and was let off the hook completely by paying a "fine"? ($110 million, pocket change compared to what they made)

yup, i thought that bank was better too

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

On your planet $93 to clean chalk may be reasonable. Im booking the next spaceship there so I can join that racket. And the only "EXTREME" crimes committed were by the banks and they get away with them in contrast to the scribbles this man made and is being prosecuted for. Not wasting any more time with you. If you cant see the insanity in that then theres nothing else I can do.

$93 is what you pay to get a cleaning crew to show up. If it required real effort to clean from permanent markers it would have cost substantially more.

What the banks did has no bearing on this man breaking the law. You can open your eyes to the truth, but you are blinded by hatred so I don't expect that. Just because your neighbor is a felon doesn't make it alright to vandalise his property, with chalk or anything else.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

So I can deface your house with chalk every day for the rest of your life

Comparing him to Bank of America is not helping your cause lol
You are surrendering all the ground you made previously. Lets agree that you had a point ten post ago but since then have become overzealous and I will forget the last 8 post of nonsense.
edit on 26-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: (no reason given)

No, you are simply blinded by hatred. It doesn't matter if it's his house, Bank of America, or a convicted pedophile. You can not vandalise property. Period.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

$93 is what you pay to get a cleaning crew to show up. If it required real effort to clean from permanent markers it would have cost substantially more.

Get a cleaning crew...... for chalk...... Right. You were rational once. You can become rational again.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Can I spray paint your car and claim freedom of speech?

my car is my property, private property. spray paint causes damage, one must pay for it's removal.

So what if I used a disappearing spray paint where it would only last a week. That's ok? I can just write whatever I want every week on your house and car?

that would be considered vandalism because you have harmed my property. using chalk in a public place is not vandalism. your analogy is poor.

The law says it is since the chalk was used with malicious intent. Not to mention he wrote it several times a week thus negating the fact the chalk will wear off eventually, since when reapplied every other day it will never disappear.

however, a judge barring representation from mentioning freedom of speech as a defense IS illegal. the judge could easily lose his position for good if handled right.

Wrong. It's not illegal. Just like if I spray painted your car I could not claim 1st amendment rights. It does not apply, freedom of speech is not justification for vandalism PER THE LAW and as such can never be used as a legal defense for vandalism.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Get a cleaning crew...... for chalk...... Right. You were rational once. You can become rational again.

So because it will disappear in a week they should suffer the insults until then? Wrong. They should immediately clean it up. If I wrote your wife and daughter were whores and put their number in chalk to call for a good time would you immediately clean it up or wait for rain?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

No, you are simply blinded by hatred. It doesn't matter if it's his house, Bank of America, or a convicted pedophile. You can not vandalise property. Period.

what YOU don't understand is that he is being TRIED for vandalism, you know...a trial to see if he indeed did commit vandalism. he is not guilty yet, the trial exists to determine if he is (he isn't, there is nothing illegal about what he did)

HOWEVER, the judge has declared that the defense cannot use free speech. in essence, the judge has ruled (pre-trial) that the defense is guilty of vandalism, and therefore free speech cannot be used as a defense because free speech does not cover vandalism.

do you not see the problem with ruling that a constitutional right cannot be used as a defense before it has even been determined if he has committed a crime?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The law says it is since the chalk was used with malicious intent.

i can go out right now and call my neighbor the worst names imaginable with as much malicious intent i can muster through the english language and it would be protected under free speech so long as i did not threaten his person, property, or freedom.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Wrong. It's not illegal. Just like if I spray painted your car I could not claim 1st amendment rights. It does not apply, freedom of speech is not justification for vandalism PER THE LAW and as such can never be used as a legal defense for vandalism.

How about you use your own sense of judgement and stop riding the laws jock? Project PRISM was made lawful because of the Patriot Act. See what they did there? Just make whatever they like legal. Even if it is obviously wrong. Think for yourself dude.

5 grand for cleaning up chalk is wrong. Maximum 13 year sentence for scribbling non offensive message in chalk is wrong. I dont care what the law says. Keep using that crutch.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

i can go out right now and call my neighbor the worst names imaginable with as much malicious intent i can muster through the english language and it would be protected under free speech so long as i did not threaten his person, property, or freedom.

God forbid you write it in chalk though lmao

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

what YOU don't understand is that he is being TRIED for vandalism, you know...a trial to see if he indeed did commit vandalism. he is not guilty yet, the trial exists to determine if he is (he isn't, there is nothing illegal about what he did)

Yes. You can not vandalise property. Period. There will be a trial to see if he did indeed vandalise property.

HOWEVER, the judge has declared that the defense cannot use free speech. in essence, the judge has ruled (pre-trial) that the defense is guilty of vandalism, and therefore free speech cannot be used as a defense because free speech does not cover vandalism.

Seriously, think before you post. It's a vandalism trial. Free speech is not a valid defense for vandalism. You can not argue it's not vandalism due to free speech. He must argue it's not vandalism for reason X. The judge has ruled he is being tried for vandalism and not being tried for free speech.

do you not see the problem with ruling that a constitutional right cannot be used as a defense before it has even been determined if he has committed a crime?

No. It would be like arguing I did not commit murder because the 2nd amendment says I can carry a firearm. Just because you can carry a firearm does not mean you can shoot someone without reason. The 2nd amendment can NEVER be used as a murder defense. The 1st amendment can NEVER be used for a vandalism defense. If you can't understand it once I have shown you a 2nd amendment comparison you need to do some deep thinking.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

So because it will disappear in a week they should suffer the insults until then? Wrong. They should immediately clean it up. If I wrote your wife and daughter were whores and put their number in chalk to call for a good time would you immediately clean it up or wait for rain?

Your right, they should clean it up. You get some water. Pour it on the chalk. Go back to work fleecing the American people. And he didnt write anything nearly as offensive as that. I can see your losing battle is fraying your nerves. You make less and less sense each post that goes by.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

God forbid you write it in chalk though lmao

Actually you can't say whatever you want with malicious intent. That is called slander. There are limits to what you can say. And you certainly can not write it on their property. You are free to write on YOUR property. As was this man, and then it would be free speech.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Seriously, think before you post. It's a vandalism trial. Free speech is not a valid defense for vandalism. You can not argue it's not vandalism due to free speech. He must argue it's not vandalism for reason X. The judge has ruled he is being tried for vandalism and not being tried for free speech.

it is a trial to determine whether or not he actually committed a crime, not a sentencing.

you're right, free speech isn't a valid defense for vandalism, luckily he didn't vandalize property.

you cannot be tried for free speech, it is a right that everyone has. the prosecution claims vandalism (though it isn't even their property), and the defense claims it is not vandalism because it is not damaging, it isn't the bank's property, and that this man has the right to freedom of spee-- *judge* "GUILTY! you cannot use free speech as a defense, what country do you think this is, america?!"

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Your right, they should clean it up. You get some water. Pour it on the chalk. Go back to work fleecing the American people. And he didnt write anything nearly as offensive as that. I can see your losing battle is fraying your nerves. You make less and less sense each post that goes by.

It's not their job to send a bank teller out to clean his mess. He should have thought of the consequences. If I was a judge and someone hired a cleaning crew for $93 to clean writing I would award it in a heartbeat. You have no right to write that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join