It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Speech" Versus "Political Correctness" - Exploring The Boundaries Between Personal Beliefs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Mmm, I have to admit that it's been a good while since I read the article properly, not considering how others might take it. A rather glaring oversight on my part. That being said, I still pretty much agree with its premise. Straight White Male, as a game difficulty, per se, doesn't give you added perks. I'm not sure if the author expressed that effectively enough. What it does is remove the penalties, such as misogyny, gay-bashing and driving while black.

The third one would be a problem, but I'm a lifelong pedestrian.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Huh... it's been a while since I've heard this. Our chaplain played it on the plane when we were on a Jesuit school exchange trip to Tanzania! Good times.

I've long since lost my faith, probably didn't have it then. But I'm always holding out for a post-race post-gender world before I die. Not world government lol, but something close to world harmony. Damn these rose-tinted lenses!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihavenoaccount
reply to post by The GUT

Huh... it's been a while since I've heard this. Our chaplain played it on the plane when we were on a Jesuit school exchange trip to Tanzania! Good times.

I've long since lost my faith, probably didn't have it then. But I'm always holding out for a post-race post-gender world before I die. Not world government lol, but something close to world harmony. Damn these rose-tinted lenses!

Always question...but never lose your faith, IHNA, It, above all things, can truly make sense of this world. If, however, it doesn't make sense, it still deserves a pat on the back for the good ol' college try!

Funny you mention an NWO. My mind went there tonight because of this thread. I wondered if we shouldn't just make it an imperative--maybe even law--that we should mix all races and do away with fanaticism. And yet, something compels me to feel that celebration of differences will always be a key to true harmony.

I've learned soooo much from my "ethnic" friends. I KNOW that the common man of any race or religion all seek the same thing: Harmony. Love thy neighbor as thyself...and only good can follow.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Open to anything, man! It's no secret that I'm an atheist and a general skeptic (but the cookie-baking/eating type) on this forum. But there could be 60 or 70 years ahead where I change track three or four times. Many people on here have experienced things some can't even conceive, maybe I will too someday. It's strange, I'm a cynic on personal matters but an idealist on everything else, hence this thread, haha!

As for that idea. it's another sensitive subject that has pros and cons. If we keep it scientific, you could say that diverse reproduction is genetically beneficial. But ethically... we should all have that choice regardless. Who knows... if we were to take a time machine to that Brave New World, it could be that pretty much everyone is 6" 5' with brown skin and green eyes. Guess only time will tell?

Anyways, gotta try and get an hour's sleep before work. Hopefully my sleep cycle's messed up enough that one can return later today!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

K, I'll let you sleep. But, tomorrow, I'll expect an answer: Are we a "creation" or not? If not, can you please explain that weightless, massless, creative wonder of the world called "consciousness?!!"

Not to go off-topic, but I dig your mind and couldn't resist plumbing its depths. I'm sure you understand.

BTW: Seriously...did Alex REALLY play those drums straight up??? If so...Eddie needs to sit down and stfu!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Absolutely man, my brain is for the picking! I'll send you a PM in due course though, just to keep everything on track both ways.

As for Alex... Apparently he's got four bass drums in the intro.

<< 1   >>

join