It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P Professor Mick Aston , a Gem in Archaeology .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Today is a sad day form me and I imagine tens of thousands of other Time Team fans as today came the shock news that Professor Mick Aston has died aged 66 .
Mick had a way of making archaeology accessible to the layman with his easy to listen to descriptions of the past and the way people lived their lives .

One of the founders of channel 4's Time Team program he helped me and countless others become passionate about holes in the ground and the bits and pieces found in them , his knowledge and easy going manner endeared him to us Time Teamers and earned him a place in our hearts .

Gone but never forgotten .
Rest in Piece Mick

edit on 25-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's sad news, Time Team was C4's last non freakshow prior to it being borked up and then finally cancelled.

They had better bury him in one of his multi-coloured stripey wooly jumpers, i may wear mine in tribute tomorrow if i have the guts.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

They had better bury him in one of his multi-coloured stripey wooly jumpers, i may wear mine in tribute tomorrow if i have the guts.

Either that or his Sightsavers T-Shirt ... Here's the stripey jumper in all its glory to inspire your tribute

join