It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Putin: Snowden still in Moscow airport transit zone, won't be extradited!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
All of this is SOOOOOOO Awesome, like a Movie but in real life...... IS this Real Life????

What's scary though, is that the U.S. , a country I live in, is now going after whistle blowers, journalists, spying on its own citizens, lying, and so forth.....

I knew this was coming since the 90's ....but I didn't think we would get to this point in my lifetime......

Really scary stuff tbqh
edit on 25-6-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If I was Putin I would say,
"We'll give you Snowden if you back away from Syria."

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
All of this is SOOOOOOO Awesome, like a Movie but in real life...... IS this Real Life????

What's scary though, is that the U.S. , a country I live in, is now going after whistle blowers, journalists, spying on its own citizens, lying, and so forth.....

I knew this was coming since the 90's ....but I didn't think we would get to this point in my lifetime......

Really scary stuff tbqh
edit on 25-6-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

They went after journalists before, and charged and convicted them with espionage. Why? because they publicly criticised a war, WW1 I think it was. They used the concept of 'clear and present danger' So often the constitution is used against the people by interpretation.

Here's one example, (not the one I referred to)

www.infoplease.com...
edit on 25-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've seen a couple of reports stating that he has in fact already passed through Norway and is now in Iceland.

I'm sure the US will be dispatching a rendition jet and extraction team as quickly as possible to Keflavik!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just goes to show that all secrets eventually come out, and the stupidity of the whole concept of secrecy......
If you think of the immense sums spent on keeping secrets alone,....how far could mankind have advanced on that huge pile of debt?
The waste of the resources on such useless and idiotic programs is killing the whole worlds economy.
Makes a sane man want to puke.
Putin gets a nod , but also he remember he himself is a KGB Lt.Col........hes not doing this out of the love of freedom................

edit on 25-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have to remark on how vigorously the US government is focusing on this guy. By going nuts, they are basically verifying that the NSA leakage is true, or at least giving the impression that it is. If they wanted to keep it a secret and save a bit of face in the meantime, they'd wave off Snowden and forget about him.

Or they should be disguising their search for him as a quest to Bring Back One of Our Citizens, to make it seem benevolent. No hole digging required. Oh, how can they be so intelligent and yet not know that if you make a ton of noise, people are going to pay attention and become suspicious about your motives?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Does anyone else think this is funny?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Poor journalists!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Good job Vlad. I honestly thought Russia would turn him over after the China fiasco.

I'm glad I was wrong. I want to see Snowden safe and sound.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Seriously, how ignorant are some people here, this guy already has a big bullseye on his forehead and you complain/conspiracy why there are no pictures of him? I mean are you serious get a grip? Anyway, if it´s true that he´s in the transit zone still, then of course there are no pictures of him walking down the park in Moscow

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think it's funny that someone with power told the US Government to F off and die. WTG, Putin.

He said what a lot of Americans would like to say.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Remember who you are applauding here...

Putin is far from being a saint as the us is. They say this is not political, but oh how it is...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo
reply to post by suz62

Remember who you are applauding here...

Putin is far from being a saint as the us is. They say this is not political, but oh how it is...

All I'm saying is Putin stuck it to the government, something everyman dreams of doing every time he gets screwed over.

And the US is no saint. It is as corrupt as any other nation on the planet. Snowden proved it.
edit on 6/25/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/25/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yeah, of course they aren't going to extradite him.

Russia needed leverage for the whole Syria situation anyway. Now that Putin can hold Snowden over Obama's head he's gonna get what he wants probably.

Obama needs Snowden in the US to continue his "hard on terrorism" image and of course to protect his administration and political allies against the fallout of these programs, their capabilities and uses.

Good for Russia though, even if they aren't doing it for the right reasons, they are doing something right.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Does anyone else think this is funny?

Funny?

Some would take that as Snowden doesn't exist in the first place, and is nothing more than a distraction created by the current regime from mordor.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Has anyone started a fund to help Snowden through this? The man is a bloody hero IMO and I would send some cash his way just for doing something he knew would end poorly for him.

I never thought I would say this but......... GOOD JOB PUTIN!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
why get on a plane when a ship is just as good and nobody was thinking that

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

We've had a lot of "movie" type of stories lately...stories that play out over days/weeks etc.

Chris Dorner, Boston Bombing/manhunt, and now this.

I've been fascinated by each one of them, too. Very interesting to watch, it's almost like a soap opera. No disrespect to the lives lost or people harmed, I understand that these are real people and real events, and I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of these events. But you have to admit that it's kind of addicting to watch these things play out.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
GOOO VLAD+Hang in there ED!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Originally posted by The0nlytruth

(Round of applause for putin)

Way to go for the ex-KGB agent, stick it to the man putin.

Um, Putin is the man. The kung-fu chopping, enemy-irradiaing man.
Hes just sticking it to an equally corrupt and maniacal man

Not kung-fu... just judo. But judo's pretty efficient, still!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join