It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silicon Valley banks on immigration bill for access to foreign workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This is absolutely absurd, we have millions of people out of work in the US and the big corporations are pushing for immigration reform so they can get foreign workers? What it is really saying is the big corporations want the reform not because there is a shortage of workers in the US, but because they want to be able to hire the foreign workers that will work for less money.

"High technology companies are among the fastest growing lobbying shops in Washington," said Adam Thierer, of the Mercatus Center for Politics at George Mason University. "Google, Facebook, Microsoft, these are among the largest players, and they're matching what a lot of other telecommunications and cable companies have done for many years."

LINK

It is becoming extremely apparent that our "representatives" are not interested in serving the people but are working directly for the corporate interests that donate to their campaign funds.

"If you are a tech company, immigration is not a social issue, not a cultural issue, not a moral issue -- it is a bottom-line issue," said Professor Dan Schnur at the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics at the University of Southern California.

I guess the passage of the 1,200 page immigration bill, without it being read, is the payoff to the corporations that assisted the government with the domestic spying and eavesdropping agenda. This is truly enough to turn your stomach, they aren't even hiding the fact that it's being done, in fact they are now flaunting it.

Acting with Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, "forward.us" successfully amended the current immigration bill to almost triple the number of foreign high-tech workers allowed into the U.S. from 65,000 to 180,000. The Hatch proposal also eliminated the requirement employers prove their new green card-holder did not displace an American worker.

Let me repeat a line in the quoted text, "Eliminated the requirement employers prove their new green card-holder did not displace an American worker". Now do you think that Sen. Hatch or any of the others that are voting for this bill are looking out for the hard working American that is trying to support his or her family and raise their kids? It is abundantly clear that Mr. Hatch nor the rest of them give a dam about the American people, in fact you could say that they are serving the foreigners that will admittedly take jobs that the out of work American worker could have.

This makes me sick, this is not the America that I grew up in, that my uncle died defending in WWII and that I served to protect. This is the America where the American citizen takes second seat to big corporations and foreign workers. I'll stop my rant here before I end up with a T&C violation because if I typed how I really feel right now I would probably be banned for life.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well they are right. For corporations, immigration is not a cultural, moral or social issue. Its a profit and dollars issue. It sucks but its the truth. Just because we are born here that does not give us the right to a job. And in our economical system the person that will work for less will get the job 99.9% of the time.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately that is the sad truth. It all bottoms down to money. No respect for talent (for the most part).

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Immigrant Contract workers are a BIG PLUS for the company. Many companies are going down the path...

Immigrant = won't talk back, even if they cut some money.

Contract = No Benefits, No coverage, Can Fire anytime.

Only way to make crazy profit.
edit on 6/25/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
SENATE AMNESTY BILL INCENTIVIZES EMPLOYERS TO FIRE AMERICANS AND HIRE AMNESTIED IMMIGRANTS

Under the Gang of 8’s backroom immigration deal with Senators Schumer, Corker and Hoeven, formerly illegal immigrants who are amnestied will be eligible to work, but will not be eligible for ObamaCare. Employers who would be required to pay as much as a $3,000 penalty for most employees who receive an ObamaCare healthcare “exchange” subsidy, would not have to pay the penalty if they hire amnestied immigrants.

If the immigration bill becomes law, many employers could receive incentives of hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire amnestied immigrants over American citizens. In addition, these newly legalized immigrants could work “full-time,” an advantage for companies and businesses as well, while employers could lay off or diminish to “part-time” status, American workers.

American citizens don't stand a chance. If they pass the newest amnesty, more and more of our citizens will fall through the cracks. Our Government doesn't have our best interest in mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Well they are right. For corporations, immigration is not a cultural, moral or social issue. Its a profit and dollars issue. It sucks but its the truth. Just because we are born here that does not give us the right to a job. And in our economical system the person that will work for less will get the job 99.9% of the time.

And sadly, more of our citizens will end up on welfare or in some tent city somewhere trying to survive. This is an extremely important issue. Most Americans are against this amnesty, voiced their opinions and made it crystal clear.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is talent but its about money. Unfortunately this is also the driving force behind many students opting for non-technical majors in colleges and universities alike. However immigrant workers have always been part of the industry since way back in the american history. The chinese would be a big example in establishing the railroads and roadways outsourcing as one example. WWI and WWII also led to many companies relying on the foreign talent with outstanding academic achievements/knowledge in their respective field. Be it electronics or be it physics. The fruits of the innovations and advancements is what we are enjoying today.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
There is talent but its about money. Unfortunately this is also the driving force behind many students opting for non-technical majors in colleges and universities alike. However immigrant workers have always been part of the industry since way back in the american history. The chinese would be a big example in establishing the railroads and roadways outsourcing as one example. WWI and WWII also led to many companies relying on the foreign talent with outstanding academic achievements/knowledge in their respective field. Be it electronics or be it physics. The fruits of the innovations and advancements is what we are enjoying today.

In current times, we have millions of unemployed citizens. More and more citizens are falling through the cracks and struggling to feed their families.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Timings are pre-determined. DOMA ruled unconstitutional today
hmmmm. So even if you can't migrate to US on work visa, you can always marry a gay person and migrate to US

edit on 26-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join