It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Big Bear Lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What is in this webcam image from 11:52AM this morning over Big Bear Lake? Looks very similar to the classic Kenneth Arnold sighting over Mt. Rainier in 1947.

Scroll and look to right of center above ridgeline.
Looking north at 11:52AM from the webcam at the top of Chair 9 at Bear Mountain Resort. Look to right of center above ridgeline.

Kenneth Arnold's 1947 UFO.

Big Bear Lake UFO zoomed in Gimp 2.0.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Elbereth because: fix

edit on 24-6-2013 by Elbereth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

It's a bird
2nd

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Looks like a bird to me too.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
its a hang-glider or bird. Whichever comes first.
edit on 24-6-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Or a kite ? Sorry for the lack words to make my second line

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It looks like either a bird or a hang glider but given the location I'd say its most likely a bird .

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Most likely it is a bird, but perhaps it isn't.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like either a bird or a hang glider but given the location I'd say its most likely a bird .

W hat happened to "is it a bird or a plane" Okay then it's Superman on the Kryptonite again and he's forgotten that there are no loo windows on aircraft anymore. Failing that, it must be what KA saw. Is there a link to an archive footage?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth
Most likely it is a bird, but perhaps it isn't.

Yes, it could possibly be alien aircraft.
They are quite common. Some might even claim they exist.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Everyone's right. Theres not enough information to tell what it is.

Genuine U-F-O

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hrmmm... Ufo?
Or man made object.

I'll go with man made object.

I don't think that's a UFO.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The more I look at it, the more bird like it seems. Dammit. I thought I might have something cool. Here is the link to the page I was looking at when I noticed it. Don't know about any archives. Bensweather.com

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

Looks like a microlite but I guess could be a hang glider. Both of those are based on it being some distance away, otherwise it's a bird which would I guess be obvious if the webcam is shooting real time footage as opposed to just photos.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hand glider in the distance or alien craft minding it's own business a bajillion light years from home.

I am so conflicted...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Looks like a grey billed gull, they often migrate this time of year for nesting purposes and to establish new nests before the winter season.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why do some people always see the least likely scenario in an image or story/

It's highly improbable that this is anything other than a bird. Why is it more likely this is an alien craft, than a BIRD flying over a large body of water? In this case a lake.

Look at the size of it compared to things on the ground below it. And things in the background. It doesn't take a mathematical formula involving a lot of letters to see that if this is an alien craft, it's for really small aliens.

It's not superman either.
Its a bird!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Hand glider in the distance or alien craft minding it's own business a bajillion light years from home.

I am so conflicted...

Lived in Big Bear for some time and have yet to see a single hang glider. I have also spent many days at the top of Goldmine Mountain, where the webcam that took this image is located, and seen nothing quite like what is in it. As for the source of UFO's, no one really knows where they come from: home grown, extraterrestrial, hyperdimensional, occult???

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I would like to know how you were able to determine the distance of this object from the camera, a piece of information that would be necessary to speculate regarding its size.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Elbereth because: edit

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The blowup picture sure looks like a bird to me
I can't identify the type of bird though...That makes it definitely an "unidentified object".

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth
reply to post by webpirate

I would like to know how you were able to determine the distance of this object from the camera, a piece of information that would be necessary to speculate regarding its size.

I just said I didn't use any math to calculate anything. Again, I ask though, why is it more likely this is an alien craft, than a simple bird?

What methods did YOU use to calculate this is anything other than a normal earthly object such as a bird that just happened to be caught on a webcam?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join