It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 NSA veterans speak out on whistle-blower: We told you so

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
Nothing that comes out surprises me anymore! We are just seeing the light spilling through the cracks and when the door opens the light will blind us! Till we deny the power of those in DC we invite them to subvert our freedom of individuality!

He already has stated that he has encrypted files (more then he has made public) spread out amongst people and that it will be leaked in case something would "happen" to him. It is nothing but the only thing a whistle blower effectively can do to protect him or herself.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
What the hell is going on???
All thise whistle-blower are JUST puting on a Show!
why dont the blow the whole thing.
and give us All the info in one go?

Its just a game.......................
we are all fools.
faulse hope.

This is what really goes on. This is in your own neighbourhood, scanning your innocent little children into a digital database forever, of course without letting their parents know about.

michellemalkin.com...

michellemalkin.com...

And there are even more surveillance database projects performed with your innocent children:

michellemalkin.com...

Take care!
edit on 26-6-2013 by pinkbirdatabase because: typo

edit on 26-6-2013 by pinkbirdatabase because: second link update

edit on 26-6-2013 by pinkbirdatabase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

that's the spirit!

I actually agree with him. I know its easy to sit behind a computer and criticize somebody for erm lack of spirit but look at it from this point of view . 2 weeks ago a huge huge (really, it cant get much bigger for the average Joe ) scandal has been uncovered, basically every conspiracy theorists wet dream just happened, and for what ?

For nothing . Those moronic blind masses have out right been told that their government (or governments because this actually went global) has been spying on the in every major way they can think of, collecting every bit of information they can get their hands on, and what happens after such a message ? Revolution ? Riots ? Some kind of huge protests demanding a change ? NO, nothing happens. Literally almost no blow back happens after such an earth shattering (to the lemmings) truth gets out .

I mean there is a much bigger and louder protest in Brazil because they raised the public transportation prices, literally ..... Do you see the problem here
?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Yes, I see the problem here. Brainwashing works. Tell a lie enough times it becomes truth and our government is very good at that. They have had lots of practice as they have been doing this since before any of us were born.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

that's the spirit!

I actually agree with him. I know its easy to sit behind a computer and criticize somebody for erm lack of spirit but look at it from this point of view . 2 weeks ago a huge huge (really, it cant get much bigger for the average Joe ) scandal has been uncovered, basically every conspiracy theorists wet dream just happened, and for what ?

For nothing . Those moronic blind masses have out right been told that their government (or governments because this actually went global) has been spying on the in every major way they can think of, collecting every bit of information they can get their hands on, and what happens after such a message ? Revolution ? Riots ? Some kind of huge protests demanding a change ? NO, nothing happens. Literally almost no blow back happens after such an earth shattering (to the lemmings) truth gets out .

I mean there is a much bigger and louder protest in Brazil because they raised the public transportation prices, literally ..... Do you see the problem here
?

The more comfortable peoples lives are, the less willing they are to risk it in revolt. If the cable works and the internet is on people are largely complacent. As quality of life gets lower and distractions disappear revolt becomes more likely.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
Don't get me wrong here but....Even if I personally applaud what Snowden is doing, why wouldn't he just dump everything and have it propogate in the "natural" internet way ? Why hold on to stuff when you are not even sure you will live to dish out the goods ?? I'm sure Wikileaks has a backup of what Snowden has but still...Why hold on to it....Send it out in mass to the people as a good "leaker" should !!!

You mean propagate like the WikiLeaks documents have? Right, because journalists have been climbing over each other to report on that, haven't they?

Like it or not, there is a credibility issue here. If someone came to ATS and started posting up those screenshots and Prism documents, they would have been dismissed by most as a hoax. You can't just dump the information without proper journalism, that's not the way to bring a story to the public.

He chose a credible newspaper, and an independent one too, and he made the perfect choice.

Also, it's already been stated that there are copies of everything he has in the hands of several others, that the access to those documents will be released by another party in the event of his death. If anything happens to Snowden, someone out there (probably more than one) has a password to issue to others for them to access the information in several different places, and they will be able to continue to release it.

This is a smart guy, he's thought this through, he knows that he is still at risk of assassination, and he has a plan.

If only Michael Hastings had thought it through too, perhaps he would still be alive? I am of the opinion that he was onto something, didn't get back ups done and distributed, and therefore "they" were able to take him out and control the leak.

That's just my opinion, but the idea that he had a fatal accident just after he warned others about an NSA/CIA story is so stupidly coincidental I don't know how any sane Human can simply believe that it was an accident.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Yeah, I am with ya. So get on with it. Tell us what you know, all of it. You got the goods on these guy's, lets hear it. I have a feeling if he does not soon, they will get to the Snowman, and that will be the end of that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A whistleblower is a real patriot. They sacrifice so much to tell the blind what to look at. Ashame we the citizens cannot protect him

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny
Sooo true man. People should be rioting... But part of the problem is the American citizen is carrying more debt than any other country. Your life is your career, not your career sponsoring your life.I hate what this nation has become.

It's like this in most western countries now. As long as people are fed and entertained they don't really have any desire to stir the pot. Does this remind anybody else of a certain past civilization?

The ordinary citizens of ancient Rome were anonymous and had little to occupy them. Some were shopkeepers, some were artisans, some were bodyguards, minor officials, and so on. Many didn't have meaningful jobs since the slaves performed most of the basic tasks. Hence arose the Roman policy of panem et circenses - "bread and circuses". As long as the Senate could feed the masses and keep them entertained, the Roman "mob" was reasonably easy to control.

The only differences nowadays: Fast food instead of bread and television/internet/video games instead of circuses.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

that's the spirit!

The men I share my nation with are often time hardly recognizable as men. Mostly the city dwellers who have allowed their municipalities to castrate them and make them docile servants of the government. All those folks who think the rule of law exists currently, and that we should all just sell our guns back to whichever farcical tyrant is asking for them. I know they are out there, as I read them on ATS from time to time.

There are others like me. We have grown up learning the meaning of being a man. Not in the sense of "real man", but in the sense of having experienced what male humans have experienced forever. Away from the city, where you can live more free. Where you can at least connect with the human inside of you.

Thoreau understood this It was the basis of his trip that propagated his writing of Walden. Perpspective has been lost by far too many of us humans.

Until the folks in the cities are willing to make a move, us folks in the country have no hope. We just have to sit and tolerate the nonsense. And a country man's perspective is that this is all just another round of bluster and circus. Its like a dog that has fits...it will occasionally convulse and is can look quite scary. But he just sometimes does that.

Very well put. I am a city dweller and I completely agree with you. If things were to change it would need to start in the cities. Smyleegrl has a thread on why nothing will change and I believe she hits the nail on the head. Three reasons: apathy, entertainment, and the Internet.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

You know these whole snowden thing is the CIA purposefully having an internal war. The CIA recently lost $4billion in funding that was given to the NSA. Suddenly the NSA is evil… CIA probably also moving snowden around to help… You really believe the biggest most sophisticated spy agency couldn't track down a guy supposedly giving interviews and reddit discussions?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join