It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex-PM Berlusconi sentenced in Ruby sex case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

ex-PM Berlusconi sentenced in Ruby sex case

www.bbc.co.uk

Italy's former PM Silvio Berlusconi has been found guilty of having sex with an underage prostitute, and abusing the power of his office.

He has been sentenced to seven years in jail and banned from public office, pending the outcome of an appeal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And about time too , maybe this most recent conviction will see Silvio behind bars at last after his escapes in the not too distant past .

Seven years would be good enough but add that to a ban from public office and I think (pending appeal) this is the end for teflon Silvio .

No doubt the appeals proccess will be a long and drawn out one but this has to be the end for one of Italy's biggest embarresments .

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

The verdict and sentence being delivered .

edit on 24-6-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Do you find it funny how some politicians are covered/protected until kingdom come, yet this one is thrown onto the fire? I do...

Not dismissing his actions, merely pointing out how odd it is to see an ex-PM be taken down like that.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hope the scum bag actually gets a prison sentence this time

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We in the U.S desperately need to take a page from their book and start putting our criminal leaders where they belong. Behind bars for a long time. So glad to see his position didn't get him off with a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
We in the U.S desperately need to take a page from their book and start putting our criminal leaders where they belong. Behind bars for a long time. So glad to see his position didn't get him off with a slap on the wrist.

The Icelandic government should be a role model here, they have a lot of common sense:

Banks crash, they jail the bankers. Over here, banks crash and our government bails them out with not a jail sentence anywhere to be seen. Shocking

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I first noticed this on the BBC news this morning and the way it is being reported as an underage prostitute is beginning to annoy me. What I mean by that is that the way the BBC is reporting it suggests there is an age in Italy at which prostitution becomes legal which as far as I am aware is not the case.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Do you find it funny how some politicians are covered/protected until kingdom come, yet this one is thrown onto the fire? I do...

Not dismissing his actions, merely pointing out how odd it is to see an ex-PM be taken down like that.

He was just a bit to careless and obvious, i expect if it was all a bit more quiet in the public realm it would have been swept under the carpet "as usual".

I think making an example of him is a good thing, i bet his time in jail will be brief and rather pleasant compared to most however.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
with his money bet he will live like a king if ever put behind bars .

nice cushy cell for the ex p.m with girls every night .

he is treated like a god over in italy .

but i was shocked to hear age of consent there is 14 ??? wtf yet age of consent for prostitution is 18 ??

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Silvio has a list as long as your arm of previous and alledged crimes yet one could argue that this having sex with an underage prostitute is the worst and the most disgusting , I just hope the long arm of Itallian justice will finally put him where he belongs .

Trials and allegations involving Silvio Berlusconi

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here baby, pass me one of those menthols.....i think ill start again....
The point is made that one cannot tell if the guy maybe fell for a honey trap (happens all the time), a set up......
And refused to go along to get along with the program....so they hung him out to dry as example.
Boncho has a keen eye for the seemier side i see....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Here baby, pass me one of those menthols.....i think ill start again....
The point is made that one cannot tell if the guy maybe fell for a honey trap (happens all the time), a set up......
And refused to go along to get along with the program....so they hung him out to dry as example.
Boncho has a keen eye for the seemier side i see....

He did go along with the program mate and people know it, he's one of the most corrupt politicians in Europe, why do you think fellow Italians threw a brick in his face?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Given his love for the high life and the ladies I believe that he'd avaided the law on so many previous occasions he thought he'd get away with this one too , I think he just got careless and let he ego get the better of him .

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Told ya the dark side has cookies,....but no! You wouldn't listen to me. No! He's just a dragon! No one of consequence!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
I first noticed this on the BBC news this morning and the way it is being reported as an underage prostitute is beginning to annoy me. What I mean by that is that the way the BBC is reporting it suggests there is an age in Italy at which prostitution becomes legal which as far as I am aware is not the case.

Are you sure? According to wikipedia, prostitution is legal in Italy from 18 years of age.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since she was 17 at the time, indeed the crime here is underage prostitution.
edit on 24/6/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by hotel1

Are you sure? According to wikipedia, prostitution is legal in Italy from 18 years of age.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since she was 17 at the time, indeed the crime here is underage prostitution.
edit on 24/6/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

I'd say 7 years is a bit stiff given that she was 17. What's the age of consent in Italy?

She can refuse, possibly even consent depending on Italy's age of consent.

Sounds like a witch hunt to me.

She's not a baby.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Age of consent is 14 in Italy. I agree that 17 year olds can give informed consent, but should it also be legal to pay for sex with them? I am not sure about that. 7 years is stiff, but I wonder how many of those years will he actually spend in prison..

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ex-PM will never go to jail for anything...

Å99

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yep, I also think the 7yrs is in relation the fact he used his position and power to cover it up.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by gortex

Hope the scum bag actually gets a prison sentence this time

Sadly because of his age and that the fact that he is appealing against this sentence everything won't go through until next year by which time he will be too old to go to jail according to Italian law!

Sickening isn't it!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join