It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman too poor to afford funeral buries husband in backyard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you donate your body to a University for them to use, there is no charge for that at least here. I know of someone who did that.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I know of a family that was told there loved one had to be embalmed before they cremated the body.

That is an outright LIE by the funeral home, unless there was a viewing firs. Like I said, embalming is ONLY mandatory for viewings or shipment of remains. If the deceased had a direct cremation, then they lied to your people

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Where are the eco-funerals?

In my home town, there is a "green burial" area - with a biodegradable box, no embalming, etc. They exist, but you have to ASK FOR the information. The funeral places aren't going to just "tell you about it." My family didn't know about that option until after my father died and Mom needed to deal with the burial/cremation arrangements. It was at the "time to decide" point that the guy finally relented and told us about the "green option."

Yeah, OP, S/F, I did a thesis on the Funeral Biz when I was in grad school and my then-jerk-partner was working as a grave-digger. I did lots of research and had his daily experiences and "exposure" to how it works; it turns my stomach.

Ugghhh...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join