It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global financial warfare simulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
An interesting video passed along to me by a friend a few hours ago..I'm still mulling it over but I thought I'd toss it up on the board to see what people think:

IMHO this is worth 8 minutes of your life. In the video, Jim Rickards, who has been an advisor to the Pentagon and the CIA, discusses how a possible currency war between the US and China could unfold. He admits it is an extreme scenario, so don't take it as the gospel truth. It's just one particularly ugly way things could unfold.

In the simulation, America is hit simultaneously by high tensions in the middle east and jittery market conditions. A web of Chinese "sleeper accounts" in offshore havens has been stockpiling gold futures, and suddenly demands physical delivery far beyond what COMEX or anyone else can make good on. In an emergency move, the US steps in to order a halt to physical delivery. China retaliates by dumping mass paper holdings of US securites on markets, causing a global financial contagion to take place...and the rest you can watch for yourself.

The scenario is nuanced and involves multiple prongs, such as cyber-war attacks by both nations and Israel-Iran tensions. Mr. Rickards is a fast talker and packs a lot of info into this relatively short vid. Definitely recommended.

edit on 6/24/2013 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wow! An excellent video and what an awful scenario, even if only partially played out. A horrific, but exceptional find OP.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Worth watching and interesting scenario indeed...! One would be wiser still to invest in gold on this current dip, gold has always been of value, paper money not so much. Does this mean I should invest also in Chinese government bonds?! Just teasing. I do think the whole fiat monetary scam system will come crashing down sometime or another, but I think China will be in for just as hard of a time, they will never get the gold in Rothschild vaults, never ever. Plus, who are they going to export all there crap to?!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
He said the US lost 50 trillion with the the last recession?

Well we will see how and when. But when it does happen it will likely go very fast, out of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The "markets are all falling apart at the seams....
The "trading has gotten more like a betting pool than serious business.
The essential function of the stock markets has been overwhelmed with complicated phoney papers of differing kinds.....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies and interest.

It seems that every truly major war involves the introduction of new wepon technologies that fundamentally alter the nature of warfare and separate the winners from the losers. The Mongols revolutionized the way horses could be used, and overran most of Eurasia. At the Battle of Agencourt, the longbow was used for the first time, annihilating the old-fashioned crossbow users. We got "Total War" with Sherman's slash and burn tactics in the US Civil war. WWI introduced trench warfare and chemical warfare, as well as the airplane as a weapon of war. And of course we got the ultimate weapon - nuclear bombs - in WW II.

I have no trouble believing tha cyber war and financial war represent similar turning points in the 21st century. Those that can adapt will flourish, those that cannot will learn new and ugly forms of pain and disruption.

new topics

top topics

join