It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Points To Sabotage at GMO-contaminated Wheat Field, Oregon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well peeps. It seems that Monsanto is currently claiming that the GM wheat found in an Oregon field was most likely 'sabotage'. Right...

Biotech giant Monsanto says that its unapproved experimental wheat ended up growing at an Oregon field through what most likely was an isolated act of sabotage.

"What happened in this field... is suspicious," said Monsanto Chief Technology Officer Robb Fraley on Friday, reporting on the ongoing investigation into the scandal.

In late May, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the discovery of bioengineered wheat, which had been made resistant to Roundup, a Monsanto-sold pesticide. The plant was developed by Monsanto between 1998 and 2005, but was never approved and made into a commercial product.

The company has thus far failed to determine how the crop entered the environment, and insisted that all genetically modified seeds were incinerated after testing.

(Michael Doane, Monsanto's wheat industry affairs director, looks at growth in a wheat field in an undisclosed location in North Dakota in this undated file photo. (Reuters))

rt.com...

So with Monsanto failing to figure out how exactly the GM managed to enter the environment. They are going to blame sabotage as that is easier than coming up with answer wanted by many! I just wonder who they are going to pin the blame on. Anti GMO activists..? Probably...

What utter BS. I bet my last penny that they know exactly how it got there. It is obvious that not all their seeds and materials were destroyed after completing the trials of glyphosate-resistant wheat (a GMO) in 2004..

Pffftt.. They know fine well. I am just glad that they are not blaming the farmer. Instead they are calling him a victim in the case. Hopefully this is the only isolated case of GM contaminating farmers crops. But I have a funny feeling more may be found...

Peace
Fluff

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

It's hard for me to imagine saboteurs being desperate enough to take a chance like this. Once matured it could escape and further toxify the whole area, and maybe even beyond. As hated and poisonous as those products are, I just can't see saboteurs being that stupid and shortsighted. Stupid and shortsighted sounds more like Monsanto....

edit on 6/24/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Just the type of ploy you would expect from Monsanto,
what they are not talking about is if they really stopped
manufacturing this GMO wheat a decade ago, where did
the spawn seeds come from?

Likely, they have been keeping this stuff alive somehere in
their franken cookers.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Agreed! To me this was the work of Monsanto. Not some crazy saboteur who decided to plant a field of GM plants. It is completely ludicrous that they have released a statement saying it was sabotage. Do they really think we are that stupid...!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

They are completely avoiding that issue..! And they will continue to avoid it until there is a some huge scandal after information has been leaked. Or some event akin to that..

They will probably be keeping most strains alive in a creepy volt somewhere...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Greetings.

Of course they will, there's a million dollar fine and criminal charges awaiting whoever did it.

I found some more information about the investigation on the USDA website:

www.usda.gov...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Greetings.

Here is Monsanto avoiding the issue:

www.monsanto.com...

edit on 24-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

LOL..! Thanks for the links...

Well as if that does not speak for itself....

edit on 24-6-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think of the jet stream when I read the article...

One would think the jet stream would carry remnants of this Oregon field East, pollinating/infecting unaffected healthy fields?

Contaminated is an accurate claim

It means that those price hikes filter down to virtually every dinner table in America.

edit on (6/24/1313 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Greetings.

Here is Monsanto avoiding the issue:

www.monsanto.com...

edit on 24-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

Sounds like they swallow their own bull****. I wonder if they eat their own poisons? Perhaps there'll come a day when they occupy the very FEMA camps that were intended for us, and the only "food" available will be their own toxic swill.

In any event: as you say, that little video gem misses the entire point....

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Sounds like they swallow their own bull****. I wonder if they eat their own poisons? Perhaps there'll come a day when they occupy the very FEMA camps that were intended for us, and the only "food" available will be their own toxic swill.

In any event: as you say, that little video gem misses the entire point....

They do not eat GM foods themselves. Neither do the big bad companies or politicians etc. Yet they are more than happy to implore us to eat them.

Farmer vs Pharmer

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Lol....

edit on 2-7-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join