It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECO-REVOLUTION: GMO Crops TORCHED in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's unfortunate for the farmer and his family and not right at all...I'm sure he's just trying to make a living however if this was strictly a Monsanto farm oh well....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hmmm...I'm going to have to go with the undesirable position her and straddle the fence on this one.

GMOs are food designed to withstand current harsh conditions that the Earth is going through.

I'll bet when there's no more food left, they'll wish they hadn't burned it.

Ideology becomes the luxury of the wealthy.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This has been going on in different places for some time.

Attacks on GMO crops are definitely on the people's agenda in Hawaii.

Genetically Modified Papayas Attacked in Hawaii

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There's plenty of room for other things to happen before destruction. People always say, well protest isn't enough... protest isn't enough because enough people aren't mad yet... and they aren't mad yet because they don't know enough to be mad, that is a process that takes time. More and more people are saying now, in casual conversation that we can't go on like this... hopefully soon, we will be marching en masse to DC.

ETA: People also think we need one banner to march under... that's why protests stay small, we don't. All we need is to go together, it doesn't matter how many banners or how many reasons, we just need to go... bring whatever sign you want.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
Hmmm...I'm going to have to go with the undesirable position her and straddle the fence on this one.

GMOs are food designed to withstand current harsh conditions that the Earth is going through.

You should do a little research on the "Plant defense system" Boosting the defense system of plants makes them so animals shouldn't eat them. A small amount of GMOs won't hurt an animal but the trouble is that they are adding these things to everything, including feeding them to the livestock. Sooner or later as we evolve, we may need this patented chemistry to survive. What then? People will become slaves to these big chemical corporations.

Sooner or later evidence will appear that will undeniably prove this practice is bad, much of this evidence is already accepted by other countries overseas. Even if you stay on the fence, try not to eat the grass growing on the other side too much.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Although this may seem good at first glance, the people who suffer first (just like gasoline boycotts) are the farmers under the iron grip of 'evil' corporations like Monsanto.

If these eco-terrorists are going to do something productive, they might as well torch Monsanto's HQ...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ya, but they aren't nutbags this time.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Although this may seem good at first glance, the people who suffer first (just like gasoline boycotts) are the farmers under the iron grip of 'evil' corporations like Monsanto.

If these eco-terrorists are going to do something productive, they might as well torch Monsanto's HQ...

The farmers got in bed with Monsanto....let em burn too.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I live in the central valley in california. We are the growing capital of many different fruits , vegetables and herbs. If you were to hear the adverts for all of the gm products here you might be a little more compassionate to the little farmers that just get hustled and rustled into these products. I understand ignorance should hurt a little but just a little ignorance should not kill you!

Especially when these companies and gov agencies skewer the results of all the tests and studies. With all the hyperbole on each side, I feel that sometimes these farmers are struck with cognitive dissonance and basically just make a pick and sometimes pick the wrong option.

Although; To that I would say always go on the side of health, not profit, and this would end better for all. I am sure that while their motives are stated to be drought-resistant and heat and such, I guarantee profit is what is running the show!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

Hi, welcome to ATS =)

Ok, straddle the fence on what?

Second, I don't think people will have cared about burning sugar beets years from now. Perhaps if the method was using gasoline which rendered the soil nonviable for safe production, that is a problem.

And when there is no more food left, the burning would have been long gone =b (edit: who eats sugar beets in their raw form anyways? they are used for sugar production as i know it, especially for a farm like this topic)

Posting on ATS is a luxury of some kind of wealth
edit on 24-6-2013 by Philippines because: edit stated

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Now y'all know why Monsanto has Blackwater in their backyard

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ecoterrorists are nothing new.

Environmental activism is nothing new. The term ecoterrorists is a relatively new term. I have in the past been on environmental protests. These remained peaceful in nature. Sometime the law was broken but equipment was never damaged and people never harmed.
The term ecoterrorists is used to vilify a legitimate and important method of protest.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by Phage

Some of the points you make are quite true.
But let me ask you - Do you think spreading weedkiller all over the planet is a good idea? or a bad idea?

ON FOOD PLANTS, FOR ---- SAKE! I know I wouldn't want weedkiller anywhere near ANYTHING I was going to eat.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by HanzHenry

The "new" part is that there is an effort to destroy GMO food.

foodfreedom.wordpress.com...
www.realclearscience.com...
www.newser.com...

Phage is correct in several regards here. There is nothing inherently unsafe about something being simply GM. Being conceptually anti-GMO or militantly destructive is a counterproductive movement. Approved GMO foods should be something upon which we can rely to be sufficiently vetted as being safe for the vast majority of the consuming public. The genetic modification of our food is part of our future.

Where we disagree however is on the defaulted claim that the currently approved set of GMO foods are all safe. Where we disagree is over the claims that 1960's - 90's 'approval' mechanisms constituted adequate accountability of process or sufficient food science. Where we disagree is that the onus is upon anyone to have to 'prove' some of these foods as dangerous. We do not. For right or wrong, the old mechanisms did not engender trust from the public or international community; the very people upon which these foods were forced. And that mistrust is growing fast.

I am sorry, when the public and Monsanto disagree (even if backed by governmental agencies under old policy approaches) - the public holds the Ockham's Razor. You are going to lose on this issue, and several of these foods will be withdrawn from the market - mark my words. The tip of the iceberg has barely even surfaced.

And I am applauding the activism on the part of the public. What happened in the 1990's cannot be allowed to happen again.

In the future, can we establish an open standard of GMO food science which both affords public trust and as well is reflective of international input and confidence? Absolutely yes.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ah another thread that vilifies corporate America guess what people that doesn't hurt Mosanto that hurt the farmer as now they are out thousands of dollars out of his own pocket.

Eco Revolution?

More like as already stated pointless vandalism.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
Yes! Oregon does not want this poison. America dosent want this poison. get this crap out of our fields or it will continue to burn!

What is this 'OUR" BS?

Make the real estate payments on it?
Pay the property taxes?
Pay the hundreds of thousands it takes to buy the machinery to grow food?
Pay the hundreds of thousand it takes for payroll?
Pay the hundreds of thousand it takes for seed,fertilizer,herbicides,pesticides,irrigation?

There is no OUR there.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Anyone who comments about the need for GM food to meet production and demand needs of the population should consider that the effort would be better spent stopping the gluttons eating more than they need in the first place.

There IS more than enough to go around if greed and waste is kept at bay imo.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Anyone who comments about the need for GM food to meet production and demand needs of the population should consider that the effort would be better spent stopping the gluttons eating more than they need in the first place.

There IS more than enough to go around if greed and waste is kept at bay imo.

And remember that "but we get these great increases in productivity" was the battle cry of our Wall Street best and brightest who consolidated all of our product sourcing into China, relegating us to being a derivative and eventually damaged economy.

We saved 2%, and lost 35% of our public wealth.

What a deal.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh please. Save your Corporate Worship for church. Hey Mr. I blame the poor and hate Food Stamps, you realize that Monsanto drops one the highest lobbying amounts 8.8 million in 2007 for the farm bill... lobbying for guess what? FOOD STAMPS! I even found a source you will love!

The Farm Bill is reapproved every five years; in the 2007 bill, the biggest lobbyists included the agriculture biotech giant Monsanto, which spent $8.8 million. Other large corporate lobbyists included American Farm Bureau, Kraft Foods, PepsiCo Inc., American Beverage Association, Tyson Foods, Coca-Cola Co, Wal-Mart Stores, and the GMA (Grocery Manufacturer Association).

breitard

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

And someone needs to save their political trolling for another thread.

Thought this thread was about' Hey it's ok to destroy private property because they hate someone else'.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join