It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibromyalgia Cause Finally Discovered! It Is NOT In Your HEAD!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

They were probably calling it psychosomatic, which means the pain originates from the brain, and they just don't really know the cause.

What you said is a gross simplification.

The same can be said of your comment. All pain originates in the brain, but that's not the same as a Dr. thinking that your pain isn't real. And because all pain is subjective, Drs should always give the patient the benefit of the doubt, most especially if s/he knows the patient and/or unless the Dr. has reason to doubt the patient.

Thanks for the OP. I don't have fibromyalgia, but I do suffer all most of the symptoms. I have no pain in my hands, but that's about the only part of my body that is pain-free. I do get the muscle spasms in my hands that cause them to bend and freeze in place from time to time. In fact I get muscle spasms throughout my entire body.

As another person mentioned I too have thyroid disease (hypo) and take 225mcg synthroid daily. I am also Dx'ed with DDD, Raynaud's, OA, Lupus, Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroid disease. But I try not to take too many Rx's- I still have my thyroid but because of the radiation therapy that was done in the 90's.. it no longer does anything and is basically just taking up space. One Dr told me it was rotten

I have a theory about FM, and would be curious to know how many people have it that also felt stuck in the fight or flight for long periods of time. It's only a thought that came to me awhile back, but I often wonder if some people (not only FM patients), but how many people who live with CP (chronic pain) have been through life experiences that kept them in the fight or flight for extended periods. I wish someone would do a study on that.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

So that 'stuck in the fight or flight' falls right into the fatigued adrenal syndrome. I was a 911 dispatcher for awhile, as well as a responding support officer (called out by EMS for a fatality or other traumatic situation where someone needs emotional support) and I think this contributed to some of my symptoms. I haven't been diagnosed with FM wither, but also have reynaud's, MS and been tested (but negative) for lupus several times. Lots of joint issues/pain.

I also have low vitamin D and have to take mega doses to keep it up. I think this is key. Did you know low D can give you deep bone and muscle/joint pain??

Check out this link about adrenal fatigue and low cortisol. I have big issues with inflammation and hypoglycemia. I think it is all connected. I am going to get into an endocrinologist again and have them take this path of exploration. Check my cortisol levels, etc.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join