It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibromyalgia Cause Finally Discovered! It Is NOT In Your HEAD!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

That is just stupid.

There is no connection between contrails, "chemtrails" and any disease. No one is spraying me, you, or anyone else with anything. If there were, more people would be feeling the effects and a more direct link would be found.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Wrong. A diagnosis of FM was not arrived at until "recently."

The disease has always been here and was misdiagnosed previously because there was nothing to label it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

My lawn person's girlfriend has this and is always in pain. She can't get disability because they said it's all in her head. Hopefully things will change for woman who suffer with this!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Unfortunately, no amount of medication can cure something like excess nerve shunts, this is something you will live the rest of your life with. I have a friend who has FM, when his flares up he doesn't even come to work.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

My lawn person's girlfriend has this and is always in pain. She can't get disability because they said it's all in her head. Hopefully things will change for woman who suffer with this!

Dunno what country you live in but my friend gets disability for FM.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
Fibromyalgia is caused by whatever the chemicals are the government keep flying over dumping on us

mine all started after witnessing planes spraying and a film developing on everything outside afterwards
And of course, we have all those pesky aliens flying those planes releasing all those harmful chemicals in the air

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
S&F for you!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It is always interesting to see theories about this elusive disease. However, before jumping on this band wagon, I would suggest that the majority of those who have been diagnosed with fibermyalgia get tested for celiac disease. It is among the most common diseases that gets misdiagnosed as fibermyalgia in the U.S. Considering that less than 1% of celiac sufferers get diagnosed in the U.S. (compared to 70% in Spain and 60% in Europe in general) it is the first place I would check.

My sister has been diagnosed with fibermyalgia. I thought I might have had it but refused to go in for it. I have lived with the pain for so long that I, well, got used to it. I then had a biopsy done on my intestines and found out I have celiac disease. I stopped eating gluten and within 3 days all of my pain (what I have been living with for at least 30 years of my life) went away. All of it. It's truly amazing how well I feel now.

Here is the problem though. There are two tests. The reason that so many never get diagnosed properly. The blood test is very dependent on the patient consuming gluten right before it or else it will come back as negative. The same can sometimes happen even for the biopsy. If you go in to get tested make sure you load up on gluten food just before.

However, it would be good to finally get confirmation on what causes fibermyalgia. If this indeed does come out as legitimate.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by F4guy

Thanks for the heads up, I am not familiar with the site.

I am looking into this further now to try and back it up. Crossing my fingers.

ETA: Happy to say that I found more reliable sources and also the original scientific report. Please see OP for updated info and links. Thank you!
edit on 23-6-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

The Guardian is not your worst source MSM, not perfect, but not a rag.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

It is always interesting to see theories about this elusive disease. However, before jumping on this band wagon, I would suggest that the majority of those who have been diagnosed with fibermyalgia get tested for celiac disease. It is among the most common diseases that gets misdiagnosed as fibermyalgia in the U.S. Considering that less than 1% of celiac sufferers get diagnosed in the U.S. (compared to 70% in Spain and 60% in Europe in general) it is the first place I would check.

My sister has been diagnosed with fibermyalgia. I thought I might have had it but refused to go in for it. I have lived with the pain for so long that I, well, got used to it. I then had a biopsy done on my intestines and found out I have celiac disease. I stopped eating gluten and within 3 days all of my pain (what I have been living with for at least 30 years of my life) went away. All of it. It's truly amazing how well I feel now.

Here is the problem though. There are two tests. The reason that so many never get diagnosed properly. The blood test is very dependent on the patient consuming gluten right before it or else it will come back as negative. The same can sometimes happen even for the biopsy. If you go in to get tested make sure you load up on gluten food just before.

However, it would be good to finally get confirmation on what causes fibermyalgia. If this indeed does come out as legitimate.

That's interesting, because GP's would like to know about the specifics. Chronic fatigue syndrome, (CFS) was first thought to be a 'in your head' affect and the original title was, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, (ME) they still don't know the answer as yet, but the effect was observed after a viral infection.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

That is just stupid.

There is no connection between contrails, "chemtrails" and any disease. No one is spraying me, you, or anyone else with anything. If there were, more people would be feeling the effects and a more direct link would be found.

Um.....had no thryoid, and hip that went out off and on, but until fukushima, didn't have any of this stuff. Im not 50 yet can't go up the stairs easily, and my knee is torn now, needing surgery. This onslaught all happened in the last 2 years. Though xrayed and have had tests and scans, and so was never treated like in my head, found it very odd that doctor said it was normal, as if to be expectted, to be crippled up at 49. NO ITS NOT! So won't let that man even near my knee to operate, and will wait till we move.

My good doctor who moved to the interior seemed to know something about fukushima, she said its the climate, and that my conditions would hopefully improve in the interior, which we're moving to.

But toxins, radiation, (odd born in 63 with PU atomospheric tests put me at huge odds) then my thryoid went out 100% during the gulf war withe depleted uranium nano dust particles even found in Antartica, and we're all breathing in, over 50 000 parts per breath, apparently according to some reports years ago......

What is in the enviro, and the toxins, and the food toxins most definitely has 100% underscored to infinity and beyond, impact on health.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Or....you are aging and parts that you have used for your entire life are starting to wear out.

My mother's thyroid went out, with no apparent reason, nor exposure to anything ever related to thyroid. It just happens sometimes.

My husband's knee is failing. He's got bursitis. Part of aging and having spent a good part of his employment working with plumbing and heating, so on his knees.

While having a something to blame seems to please some people, our bodies are far from perfect and wear out for different reasons, in their own due time. Get used to it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

It all happened after fukushima. And I had high energy until thyroid went out. You are very wrong.

Arthritis, liver damage, and all these things are toxins. Especially radiation and GMO. Also rainy climate in general not good for the body.

Working to suppress human health is a very dark hat thing to do.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I've actually read some articles in the past year (while looking for something else, so will have to retrace my research and find the cites) that the next health thing that people will be jumping on the bandwagon about is GLUTEN!. Yep, all the years when people have not had any problems are beginning to think they need to cut out gluten to fix all their woes. I remember a similar thing in the '80's about yeast. There always seem to be a dietary "something" so people will self-diagnose, avoid or embrace (like pomegranates), write books about, visit the Dr. Oz show...and while I do know some people do have celiac, I know I don't.

I believe in whole foods, close to the source. I eat butter, because you can return from a field, apply manual labor and have butter, but you can't come out of a soybean field and make margarine. I eat meat, as unprocessed as possible. I eat all kinds of vegetables, fruits, grains, eggs, dairy and everything else. Nothing makes me feel worse, nothing makes me feel physically better (although you cannot refute the restorative power of a from scratch brownie!)... I guess I just don't buy that millions of people around the world get along fine with eating the same foods they have for years and are fine, but the people in the US suddenly can't process really basic things because a few people can't. I get tired of seeing foods demonized or praised cyclically.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited about this folks. Many people suffer from fibromialgia and we all hope there is a breakthrough but there are just too many things wrong here. Firstly, I can't find a single on line reference to a published study other than this one:

Arterial stiffness causes pain and it doesn't draw the same conclusions as the article.

A major flaw in the article mentioned in the OP is the reference of an AV shunt being a special nerve fiber. An AV shunt is actually a channel or tunnel between arterial and venous blood flow that isn't normal. Also, only nerve fibers can be nerve fibers. A blood vessel can't suddenly become a nerve fiber at it's end point or tip, it becomes a capillary.

The article is factually incorrect and there is no reference to the study, therefore, I claim bogus...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by dariousg

That's interesting, because GP's would like to know about the specifics. Chronic fatigue syndrome, (CFS) was first thought to be a 'in your head' affect and the original title was, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, (ME) they still don't know the answer as yet, but the effect was observed after a viral infection.

At one time Diabetes was one of the its "all in your head disorders".
(1850s to about 1922 when insulin was first produced"

Another its all in your head disorder is restless leg syndrome
The problem is doctors can and do see it as it happens during sleep studies for sleep apnea.(that is how i got DX with RLS)

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

That is just stupid.

Mmmmm Hmmmm Just keep telling yourself that..it still wont change the fact

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Hi signalfire, I am very sorry to hear about your son having FM. It is my hope and wish every day that something is done relevant to this disease....something that can help sufferers, and even cure them....especially for the younger ones that come down with this horrible affliction. It does ruin quality of life and the joy of life and no young person should have to endure that. It seems I am hearing of younger and younger folks being affected and i hate that. It is pure heck for a parent to have to watch their child suffer from pain and see them not even to be able to participate in the normal activities of daily living. I have had it a long time...it even affects emotions/thinking/memory and so on. Brain fog they call it.

Me, I'm like the ole milk carton with the expiration date long run out so it dosen't matter so much but I hate to see so many folks, (younger folks) sick from FM anymore. My best wishes and thoughts and regards are with you and your son and family and I hope theses various articles and research studies and whatnot bear some fruit so that your son and other young folks can be free of FM and lead a happy, healthy, normal, and joyous life and be pain free. There is hope...there is always that. Blessings and hugs.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by meemaw
I wouldn't get too excited about this folks. Many people suffer from fibromialgia and we all hope there is a breakthrough but there are just too many things wrong here. Firstly, I can't find a single on line reference to a published study other than this one:

Arterial stiffness causes pain and it doesn't draw the same conclusions as the article.

A major flaw in the article mentioned in the OP is the reference of an AV shunt being a special nerve fiber. An AV shunt is actually a channel or tunnel between arterial and venous blood flow that isn't normal. Also, only nerve fibers can be nerve fibers. A blood vessel can't suddenly become a nerve fiber at it's end point or tip, it becomes a capillary.

The article is factually incorrect and there is no reference to the study, therefore, I claim bogus...

Ummm...the study is real and the finding seem legitimate so I suppose it would be up to you to decide if the conclusion were bogus, but it seems pretty clear the study itself was really done.

here is a link to the study (provided in the article linked in the op)

Here is the conclusion from that study (maybe this will help explain better how they figure the nerve endings are involved)

The excessive sensory innervation to the glabrous skin AVS is a likely source of severe pain and tenderness in the hands of FM patients. Importantly, glabrous AVS regulate blood flow to the skin in humans for thermoregulation and to other tissues such as skeletal muscle during periods of increased metabolic demand. Therefore, blood flow dysregulation as a result of excessive innervation to AVS would likely contribute to the widespread deep pain and fatigue of FM. SNRI compounds may provide partial therapeutic benefit by enhancing the impact of sympathetically mediated inhibitory modulation of the excess sensory innervation

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Spader

I'm going to the Rheumy today for LUPUS testing. My symptoms have kicked up to the point that the Pulmonologist thinks that I might have Lupus as well as the Sjogrens that I'm already diagnosed with. The drugs you are on are much more powerful than what I'm on. The potential side effects of those are scary.
I wish you luck on a proper diagnosis. I am willing to live with any side effects wrather than the pain. Actually, I would eat a turd if the doctor told me it would make me feel better. It has gotten better though. I am at least functional. Best wishes!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join