It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Religion NOW!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Greetings.

I was born and raised as a JW.

The place was crawling with abusers.

I myself was abused twice at the hand of a "Ministerial Servant"....
I have seen this at almost every congregation I have ever visited in their group.
I left when I was 21...that was over 15 years ago.

Since then, I have been to MORMONS...
and seen the SAME thing there at a group in Texas.
I have been to PENTACOSTAL churches and witnessed the same thing...
except their abuse is slightly different.
Their CHILDREN undergo trance like states.
THIS is NOT GOD.

I have been to CATHOLIC churches, and WOW let me tell you the abuse is APPARENT ...
not only on TV and news reports (which we are ALL full aware)
but you can SEE it as soon as you walk in.
Lingering eyes on children.

Some may say I am being too harsh....
But I LIVED this for many years.
My OWN father, being a predominate member of the JWs...abused my half sister for YEARS.
This being such a touchy subject...I understand hesitancy to discuss.
I just needed an outlet to let this out.

I have wrestled with this for years...
and after LEAVING ALL CHRUCHES, I NOW have a BETTER understanding of GOD and my place in the grand scheme of things.
MY place, is to FIGHT things like this.

WHY does worship of GOD involve such Terrible and pervasive things?
LIKE WAR and CHILD ABUSE?

In order for our civilization to ADVANCE...we must rid ourselves of RELIGION.
THAT is my conclusion.

THANK YOU for LISTENING.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I agree but this is the introduction forum

Hello nice to meet you etc

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i agree too, my son is currently trying to get his ex girlfriend to agree to keep their 5 year old daughter away from named individuals in the JW scene, but he's been told she expects an apology for the 'slander'... i'm at a loss as to what to do when i've heard it from a fair few JW children that this is indeed rife... hope you're not too screwed up over it

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Dreampreacher,
Welcome to ATS. This is an interesting place to discuss a whole bunch of topics. Hope you enjoy. Make sure to post at least 20 reply posts and then you can start your own thread. 20 is the magic number. See ya around.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was born as a jw too and the last 25 years I have seen some major changes and im just like wtf!!

Now I have nothing to believe in and im suffering. Everything I believe and saw was a complete LIE!!!

But "He" still resides in my heart..if that makes any sense.

And by the way..welcome to ATS!!

edit on 23-6-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreampreachers

I can agree with you up to a point. I think that a lot of religion is not what it is supposed to be. It seems to be out for your money, or are abusive, as in your case; however, my own father was a minister, and I think he was a part of a dying breed. He actually wanted to help everyone, and money was not an important part of it at all, believe me, we didn't have much, and what we did had, he shared. Some people said that his real understanding and passion came when sitting with someone that was dying. I knew him, and he was a special person to not only me, but to almost everyone he had touched in his life.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to our little piece of the web.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hold on, I thought you were a Hybrid? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now which is it?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Zing !!! nice one Mr S...

Hey OP welcome back

edit on 23-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Yes, many people decide to leave religion in favor of actually connecting with the bigger stuff...some people however need the structure of religion just to make their life easier (questions are hard and scary without someone telling you what to believe and how to believe it).

But anyhow, intro forum. so it will probably be closed or something...welcome anyhow.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be more efficient to end sex abuse or are you claiming religion causes people to become perverts? It's true that many perverts use religion to hide behind and gain access to children but the personal responsibility belongs to the pervert. It's unfortunate that you were a victim.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think religion should be a personal thing and not tied to any group. There should be no group prayer or services anywhere. No churches, no synagogues, no mosques. You should not have to go anywhere to have your time with your higher power. Get rid of group prayer and everyone is on a level playing field. I left the church long ago and don't feel the need to support any religion, just wish i could do the same with government. Your God is no better than mine; therefore, mine is no better than yours. Why can't we just be one with 'nature' to feel his power, presence and connection? Seems like a good plan to me.

Welcome to ATS...

edit on 23-6-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh snaps, ATS Bossman has uncovered the conspiracy. "EVERYONE OUT OF THE BUILDING NOW!"

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

half jehova/ half witness?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Hold on, I thought you were a Hybrid? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now which is it?

Aaaaaaaw man, it's a shame I can't star you!
Maybe the hybrids are infiltrating the major religions? It's gotta be that, or maybe there's just nothing good on TV today and someone got really bored!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
All organised religions are about domination and control, not about spiritualism and worshiping a god.

Believe what you want to believe and don't try to force it on others.

Imagine what the world would be like if we all did that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Amen!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I see your already gone.......

Shame.

edit on 23-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oops, you got busted OP!
That story was pretty bad too, if you had put more effort into it maybe more people would have bought it!

new topics

top topics

join