It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sighting on the new billion pixel mars image

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
To me it looks like either sand on the metal piece or corrosion of the metal piece rather than a reflection. However, if it is corrosion it means the atmosphere is rich in humidity thus corroding the metal. if it's dust then, well, it's dust.

nice find tho!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
reply to post by jessieg

I wasn't looking to enter into discussion on this but I thought I would bring this to ATS's attention.

Well It ain't a rock at least

EDIT TO AD - In the interest of not spreading confusion - this image is highlighted on the site as being laser shots from one of the instruments. Sorry about that.
edit on 22-6-2013 by kennyb72 because: Edit to Ad

wow dude. that's some powerful laser
star trek like
)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kobewan69

By the way, this is how Curiosity has been driving around and shooting stuff with ChemCam laser. (video based on the actual movement and ChemCam data)

Pew Pew!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No idea what this could be but it looks metalic?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is the original higher-res image (many images taken between sols 59 through 100 were used to make that billion-pixel mosaic) that shows the area in question that the OP mentioned. This image was taken on sol 78:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I don't see any "vulture" spots on this image. It could be just a noise artifact from the creation of the multi-image mosaic, or noise from the white-balancing that was done.

edit on 6/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by s0jwa

I normally read these type of threads for a bit of a chuckle but that is pretty cool any experts got any ideas

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2013 by Jekka because: Didn't post image right, file corrupt as a government

top topics

<< 1   >>

join