It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden files 'show massive UK spying op'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by Salander

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Dream on.

Go back to sleep now every thing will be alright. Just keep dreamin.

Sorry but I'm just not as paranoid as most here. It makes no sense to try and spy on everyone. They simply don't have the numbers or resources to go after billions of people. They will be most interested in people with political and economical sway. You are not special, no matter how much you want to be.

In this day of the computer, computers do all the work, and it doesn't cost nearly as much to do it as you suggest it does.

Uhhh?

What so your bothered about a computer recording your messages which will soon be deleted or recording your phone call then arresting you for trolling ?

I'm sure he is well aware of that fact but who exactly is going to READ IT? that is where the cost comes in, so again why wast money & resources employing millions of people when computer do the work? the whole country would have to be employed to monitor each of for god sake's lol

The system is set up to only be alerted to keywords etc, so unless your playing a prank with friends pretending to be a criminal drug trafficking ring or terrorist organisation, why would anyone even bother looking at your crap considering your posts on here?

Does common sense fail most of you?

edit on 22-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

I'm not "worried" about this, not at all. I've been aware of the criminal actions of the federal government for at least a decade or 2 now.

Not worried, I OBJECT, because the government is not obeying the US Constitution as it does this. That is "no warrant shall issue but upon probable cause" is completely ignored by the federal government.

I'm not worried, I'm just attempting to point out the utter absence of the rule of law in this country.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirty3
They been spying on people for years and its only now they are concerned...WTF,

There is some agenda at play.

But they can spy on my BULLS**T all day if they want....I got more BS tommorrow if they want it too.....

Exactly, they have been using it for years... they just built new offices lol, these programs are nothing new every 1st world country on the planet has similar programs and shares information & data with each other for defense and security purposes,

But i don't think a machines storing information is anything to be worried about unless you have been suspected or have done something, then they can pull your data for evidence or further investigation/monitoring, the point is it is absolutely essential to have these programs for many reason, but the way the papers are pushing it makes it sound like a person is actually trawling over your data, they was never designed for that and to do that is next to impossible, simply not enough man power or resources or time...

Personally myself, i think Snowden is doing nothing other than selling secrets to the Chinese under the false claims of exposing a privacy issues which has clearly sucked the moron in,

Yeah BS Snowden is selling secret

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

They been spying on people for years and its only now they are concerned...WTF

WTF indeed. It's about time people started caring.

I agree. The media is in bed with the government. They would have never reported on this unless they were up to something.

But they can spy on my BULLS**T all day if they want....I got more BS tommorrow if they want it too.....

Unfortunately, the spying affects everyone. Not just you. I do care. I don't want them setting up a creepy "all seeing eye" apparatus. I don't care if I'm not doing anything wrong. I have the right to not be doing anything wrong in private and not having these wackos sneaking around in the shadows documenting every move I make.

You ever heard of women getting restraining orders against creeps who follow them around and basically spy on their every move? It's not like it really affects them in any way. It just creeps them the hell out and they don't like it. People don't like to feel like prey. It disrupts your life.
edit on 23-6-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I have an RAF/USAF base about a mile from my house. en.wikipedia.org... close enought to hear their emergency practices. It's an old air field that is now covered in with huge aerials. It used to be somewhere as a youngster you could take your car and drive along the runway. It was a great place to learn to drive. That was all before 9/11.

I believe it is all part of the GCHQ network that links up locally to RAF Croughtonen.wikipedia.org... which has two of those huge golf ball structures. Even though they say they are RAF bases, they are staffed by the USAF as well.

Well you could be right about GCHQ because those big golf ball things are part of a missile defence and communications operation in joint force with America is this how there spying on us all and has nothing to do with missiles....hmmmm? I think this really is a secret base so shhhhh... but hell they got a wiki page so read Secret base

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

They been spying on people for years and its only now they are concerned...WTF

WTF indeed. It's about time people started caring.

I agree. The media is in bed with the government. They would have never reported on this unless they were up to something.

Unfortunately, the spying affects everyone. Not just you. I do care. I don't want them setting up a creepy "all seeing eye" apparatus. I don't care if I'm not doing anything wrong. I have the right to not be doing anything wrong in private and not having these wackos sneaking around in the shadows documenting every move I make.

You ever heard of women getting restraining orders against creeps who follow them around and basically spy on their every move? It's not like it really affects them in any way. It just creeps them the hell out and they don't like it. People don't like to feel like prey. It disrupts your life.
edit on 23-6-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

I could be wrong on some of this - but - did the US build a 1 million square foot spy center in Utah? Were they not taken to task for questionable law breaking by the justice dept. and told they couldn't do certain things - like spy on American people randomly? Now isn't it Snowden that said they (NSA) found a way to go around the decision of those laws and circumvent the system to be able to spy on who ever they wanted? He already explained this system several times for us.

Didn't Snowden say they can store enormous amounts of data - conversations - and keep them for years and recall that same data and use it years later if they want to target some one - anyone. The MSM is making light of some of the information coming out or just plain ignoring it - and especially the Obama talking heads. Remember - Snowden did this for us the general public because we were being to lied to again. And the whistle blower protection from our government is weak at best - even if it existed. It is a joke if you think the people you are blowing the whistle on are going to protect you.

Can you imagine being a politician and having to worry about your phone calls. But I say what goes around comes around eventually. I would be very nervous if I were a journalist also.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well just as i suspected

Snowden after being in exile in China is now of to Russia

I wonder how much Snowden was paid to be an agent/spy and selling the secrets?

And you morons thought he was just exposing a privacy issues lol

The conspiracy theorists on here are terrible lol

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well just as i suspected

Yeah, Snowden is playing 'em like a violin, eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I can understand why people are paranoid about the fact that someone at NSA could potentially pull data and information on them

If i was cheating on my wife, and i knew my wife worked at NSA or any other agency alike
id be paranoid, but if i was a loyal man, "i am" i really wouldn't give two [snips] and niether would she need to look at my calls or messages on social networking sites, its called thinking logically

So the same logic should apply to everyone else, why would anyone bother with you unless it was completely random, in which case it would be a spying lottery as to whose spyed on this week... because there is simply not enough man power to do that and i'm sure they would be wasting time money and resources snooping for what ever silly reason,

The fact is and i'm sure it will be more obvious as the days go by that the supposed privacy leak is just a propaganda cover for Snowden's treason and Spying....

edit on 23-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let them spy on me !

I have a hardware firewall, not made in the USA so less likely to have known back doors, software firewall all ran over a VPN and I tweak everything from the User-Agent to the country code in HTTP Requests and I run a tool that sends off lots of Google (The biggest spy) searches and then clicks links on the search results page.

Broken Biscuits make good cookies but don't ask what the brown bits are

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well just as i suspected

Oh there is certainly more than meets the eye going on here but my guess is that people like you just refuse to consider that there just might be more corruption in this government than you're aware of or would like to think about.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

There may or may not come a time when it would be expedient to remove you from some equation. One such way to do this would be to utilizing the often seen smear campaign. There are things you do which aren't illegal, yet are embarassing. And there are other things you do which are wholly illegal, but you just don't realize it.

A system like this could (and would) easily be utilized against various enemies of people who pull those strings. It already has, apparently.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
aside from all the hate and doubt in this thread, we should be thankful of the fact these leaks are coming forward in a time before every child was implanted with an RFID card. i think these leaks will help in a sense that more people know what our governments true intentions are now, and we will hopefully start making the change to an independent way of thought instead of blindly following,

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Over-reacting? Really? Please give us the benefit of your wisdom. Please provide us with examples of the over-reaction you speak of. I mean, what part of the spying process being deployed is innocuous enough to justify the rest of us to believe it's all nothing but a tempest in a teapot. If anyone needs to have her silly fears put to rest it's me.....so do, give it your best shot.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

He ain't no traitor. Thus, he did not commit treason. He betrayed his dirtbag employer making money off of violating the constitution. He betrayed the crimes of his government, in which he HAD BEEN complicit, thereby demonstrating his very strong conscience, and his bravery.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join