It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden files 'show massive UK spying op'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Your privacy is your own and if you wish to not care about it well that is your choice because it is your privacy. But I believe everyone is entitled to that same choice. Freedom is something you are born with. It is yours not the TPTB.

You are totally wrong - although you were indeed led to believe there was such a thing, so it's not your fault!

The moment you are born you are the property of the country that is on you Birth Certificate (hence they can do with you what ever they like and if you resist it worsens)- you become a number in a society where you are monitored from day one and if you so choose that this society is not for you, you are immediately punished for stepping out of line.

Firstly: You are put through a series of tests to pass throughout your education and based upon how well you pass these tests you are allocated an amount of money which you are responsible for - each year - to which you are to use, in trust, on behalf of the of the people that allocated you that amount based on your "success".

Example: You have an identical twin. You get straight A's in high school - You get a "Better" job because you are deemed "more responsible" to handle this allocated amount of money.
Your twin is a little bit naughty (but with the exact same intelligence as you) and doesn't jump through hoops as well as you/pass tests. It is not because you are worth more that you get a "better" job, it is because you have proven that you can do what others tell you to do without confrontation - They say jump you say ok!

Someone who has rubbish credentials; they didn't pay attention in school and was disruptive and didn't copy and paste what they were told to do, they're not necessarily "thicker" they just didn't prove they were as much of a b!tch than a straight A student... Therefore they get allocated a smaller amount of money to play with (obviously someone who has a greater "knowledge" in hoop jumping would know better, how to use their money - which in turn makes TPTB more money because their little b!tch followed what they were taught and invest it "better"... do you get the vicious circle this creates?

The money you "earn" is not your money - it doesn't have your face on it, does it?!
And that's all this is about - money. Everyone loves it and everyone wants more of it (especially the people that have most of it already).

1. Money is power.
2. We are nobodies
3. Get over it (I have) - I am 25 years old, so realistically I only have 60 years, at a push, to not give a feck!

You are living in a dream world if you think that you are living in a free society, your privacy doesn't exist and you have not one single choice in the matter. You are at the very bottom of the ladder - just let them get on with it. If you show that you don't care what can they hurt you with?

~ CrzayFool

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Dream on.

Go back to sleep now every thing will be alright. Just keep dreamin.

Sorry but I'm just not as paranoid as most here. It makes no sense to try and spy on everyone. They simply don't have the numbers or resources to go after billions of people. They will be most interested in people with political and economical sway. You are not special, no matter how much you want to be.

You say it makes no sense to try and spy on everyone. You do realize they have admitted to doing just that.
They use the bulk info and then narrow it down. Also you have no idea who they are interested in. You put things forward as fact but in reality it is personal truth and personal truth is subjective.

Your privacy is your own and if you wish to not care about it well that is your choice because it is your privacy. But I believe everyone is entitled to that same choice. Freedom is something you are born with. It is yours not the TPTB.
edit on 22-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

No, they are looking for key words in masses of data to identify possible suspects. They have stated who they are interested in. Here read this article.

www.guardian.co.uk...

This thread is embarrassing. I bet you all think you're being gang stalked.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
You know when you argue with an idiot the idiot wins because of simple rules of engagement. To continue the banter with the government apologist is shear stupidity. Here is another euphemism, "When you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas."

How anyone cannot see the gross abuse of the government spying on all of us is really unbelievable, but everyone has to make a living I guess.

Government apologist? Sorry but you are very mistaken. I despise the current government and I disagree with the way they are covertly mining data, but I also understand that they are not spying directly on everyone.
Cary on with the pretentious, delusions and childish insults. You might get some more stars for your ego.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

They've pretty much alerady out-smarted, out-ranked, out-classed, and out-gunned us all.

Not out-classed.........not yet

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What I'm about to say could put my life in jeopardy, what do you think ATS?

I am actually in the process of creating a new online company, over the last 4 years, that kicks-the-poopoos out of any current store on/offline; eBay, Amazon, Play, Tesco - anyone!

They have, admittedly, a few billion times the amount of buying power (minus eBay) that I have but I don't need that buying power, I have a unorthodox way of creating revenue that has never been utilised, whereby I can undercut every single shop on the entire planet yet still generate hundreds of millions of $/£'s (if not billions) - and the best bit is that I'm not greedy, which I don't think "they" will like...

My entire concept was built around fairness and treating people with respect ie: not ripping them off!
You the people get what you want at a lower price than anywhere else on the planet (because I have 0% markup) and as a bonus I earn a living for being totally honest and transparent.

What I would like to know is;
Do you think I will now become a target for potentially ruining years of unfairness toward customers?

I am a nobody - I am the average human with an average job. Yet I am destined to really piss of some "powerful" people and royally screw with the current economics, due to the sheer amount of money I can shift... I will create hundreds if not thousands of jobs but, on the same note I will destroy lots of jobs and probably put the likes of Play.com out of business (Tesco, Amazon & eBay are slightly different - they'll always be there and I am under no illusions).

I'm interested to hear what you lot think about a nobody kicking up a big hoo-haa and totally screwing with business as we know it; I don't follow the rip off rules that TPTB use to control (because I am at the bottom, just like YOU).

P.S. I spoken about this subject for the last 4 years so I'm already "known" so saying it on here doesn't worry me any more than normal. I would mention the name of my company but I think that would be classed as advertising. I know what I am claiming is totally off the wall and I do not expect anyone to believe it, I couldn't care less. The company and what I do are not important (please refrain from asking details).

~ CrzayFool
edit on 22-6-2013 by crzayfool because: Sausage Fingers...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes the most important one of all, fool. If you knew history you would understand why.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

He is in Hong Kong. If you knew anything you would know WHY he is there. I suspect you do know, but you are trying to deflect away from your knowledge.

Do us a favor and go and post your disinformation on some other site where the population is more open to your opinion. You won't find too many fools here.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Its the Hypocritical lies of the Government!!

TPTB can do it but the guy below them, cant.

This is what annoys me and many others. Its always been like this. We can go back to MP's cheating on expenses. I bet they still do it now, only its being brushed under the carpet!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If you think the west does not prevail as a result of evil, then you are deluded. We do not have true freedoms. You will find that out if you try to travel on trains/planes, or if a cop takes an interest in you. You will then find out exactly how free you truly are.

The fact is that the west is built from the blood and sweat of the oppressed. A lot we have was originally, and still is, stolen or extorted from other nations. Remember the slave trade? The British empire? The scars of which still weep now. The ME and Africa is fractured and divided because of the Europeans, mainly British and French.

The government allow us to live under the illusion of freedom. They keep us fed, they keep us placated with shiny toys, so we do not have a true reason to revolt and overthrow them. They keep us divided, they create false problems and false reasons for us to hate each other so we do not unite and take our country back. They have caused so many problems, both fake and real, for so many people, people WILL want to harm them in retaliation.

It doesn't matter what country you live in, the government are a bunch of corrupt, greedy #s. They just have different ways of maintaining control over the people. And just because the world "works" the way it does now, does not mean there is no alternative way to run the world. We should rid ourselves of this system and find something better, learning from the mistakes of history instead of repeating them in a never-ending cycle of destruction and rebirth.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I do wonder why the MSM are being allowed to report this, almost as if an uprising is being engineered...if that is the case, be careful

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
never thought our honest goverment would do this shock horror
has the revolution started yet

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don't think us little people have much to worry about with this or the NSA. I'm pretty sure they'll be spying on the big fish, not Joe public.
edit on 22-6-2013 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

The whole point is that Joe Public is being spyed on not just your "big fish".

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Sort of hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Yes the most important one of all, fool. If you knew history you would understand why.

I know history very well, you paranoid loon.
What a silly waste of time this thread is. It's just like those who are addicted to the doomsday threads.
Most of you haven't even read any of the official statements explaining what data they have actually been looking for, how it's collected and how most is discarded.
You people are determined to defend the idea you are being oppressed no matter what. Very, very sad.

edit on 23-6-2013 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed

I don't think us little people have much to worry about with this or the NSA. I'm pretty sure they'll be spying on the big fish, not Joe public.

The whole point is that Joe Public is being spyed on not just your "big fish".

Wrong, read the guardian article. They are not spying on everyone directly. They are scanning massive amounts of data for keywords. They say themselves, they don't have the resources to spy in the way you ignorant pigs believe they are.
Cary on with your phantasy kids, but be careful, they might be listening.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
pretty sure the only people who feel threatened by this a misguided paranoid mentally unstable people

I would say the people who feel so threatened they can't even let people have any privacy inside their own homes are the ones who are paranoid and mentally unstable. But maybe that's just because I'm a crazy tin foil hatter who likes his privacy at least as much as he likes being alive and well.

edit on 23-6-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
They been spying on people for years and its only now they are concerned...WTF,

There is some agenda at play.

But they can spy on my BULLS**T all day if they want....I got more BS tommorrow if they want it too.....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

That is not the point. Its wrong. Its wrong and it is as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

What a silly waste of time this thread is.

Well...thanks for the contribution to the waste of time.

Most of you haven't even read any of the official statements explaining
I'm sorry, did you use the term "official statements" seriously?

and how most is discarded.
"No mom, I don't do that stuff anymore. I threw it all away."

You people are determined to defend the idea you are being oppressed no matter what. Very, very sad.

edit on 23-6-2013 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

and "you people" are ignoring it, even when it makes you line up to have your privates fondled before you can board a plane.
edit on 23-6-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There's always going to be people defend the establishment for their own gains.

I think someone in this post, not saying who, is wanted by somebody and feels safer knowing there's a camera on every corner. At least then, when he's beaten up, it'll be seen by the 'authorities' who will rush to protect him/her.

The argument that was used was a basic one, we need this advanced tech to stop advanced terrorists. Well, tell me one time in history where a true tyrant has been stopped through tech? Where the government, and people willing, rose up in time to stop the complete corruption from setting in? Now tell me if those countries INSTEAD USED that technology to enslave and encamp their own people. Putting them in a corner and not allowing them to move.

If you give scared people a gun they're going to shoot the wrong person. Same with the government who now fears ALL OF US. They're terrified for their jobs and mansions. It's understandable they'd be so up in arms about this. I haven't seen one case yet of the NSA or the British surveillance systems catching a banker before he pushes the "invest £30,000,000 button by 'mistake'. Or put in prison some politicians for scandal. In fact the cameras seem to go OFF at just the right time. Funny that, it's almost like they need to be operated..... Oh wait......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join