It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would U.S. Gov't do any different?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Admittedly I haven't immersed myself in the news of the Syrian conflict. So let me just ask this and see if anyone has a learned opinion on it.

With the U.S. government supporting the rebels trying to overthrow the Syrian government, what would our government do if average U.S. citizens took up arms against it? Would the president resign, or would he send out troops to attack them? Would the government use chemicals on them? What would our government do differently?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, it just so happens from another thread, I have handy here your answer. Everyone really should read over that whole section too. There isn't that much, but there are the "black letter" lines. What can't be crossed without being open to arrest. You might say some in that section are actually violated at times by people talking out in the public. Depends on how creative they decide they want to get with interpretation of the code, I suppose.

18 USC Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

Having been in Occupy as a volunteer, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that once force was used by citizens, force and escalation of it wouldn't stop on the Government side until either the astronomically unlikely event of their defeat (Like ..how many stars are there? Those kinds of long odds.. lol) .. or far more likely outcome of eventually running out of resistance people to arrest or shoot or drone.

I don't think we live in a police state at all, personally. What I do think is that the framework for it has been quietly built around us and could become something worthy of that term in very short order. Faster than most people would believe, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Theoretically at least, if we could count on the assistance al Nusra / al Qaeda, our government would have no choice but to support us by arming us against themselves. With any luck, they'd also impose a no-fly zone against themselves and send us some Marines....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
NVM!
edit on 6/21/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What would our government do differently?

Direct the mainstream media to focus on Kim and Kanye having a baby? vs. any coverage of a revolt?

Seriously, like we could revolt against the world's most powerful military. Rebels against a dictator holed up in likely one of only a few major cities, and with both sides using the same tech is one thing. A group of US dissidents vs. the US military is not even in the same league of comparison. Apples and Oranges.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think we live in a police state at all, personally. What I do think is that the framework for it has been quietly built around us and could become something worthy of that term in very short order. Faster than most people would believe, perhaps.

We already saw the test run....in Boston...and people cheered it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You're certainly right about that. Boston was a staggering show of how quickly they could turn the worst parts of a late night cable movie into a full color reality down the street. Complete with gunmen in the turrets. The framework would seem to be all around and quite robust at this stage. Not encouraging...

top topics

join