It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama--religious schools are divisive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by Nicks87

I predict this thread will win the "Most Misleading, Out-of-Context Thread of the Year" award, hands-down (if there is such a thing.) a quick perusal of many of the replies reveals how well social engineering and media trickery works to fool people - especially those who want to be fooled. Whether OP is trying to dupe people, or was duped himself, I don't know, but this topic, in reality, isn't anything like what the OP and those who agree withthe assessment want it to be.

Did you even read any of the articles I linked?

The only person that is trying to mislead is you. If you want to prove me wrong then post something of substance instead of just a bunch of "yer wrong cuz I say so" garbage. Maybe post some links too like I did instead of just making baseless accusations.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The whole point of the OP was to show the hypocrisy of Obama's statement. How can he accuse something of being divisive with a statement that was in and of itself divisive?

I really feel sorry for the people that dont see the hypocrisy in his statment. How people could be so blind and bought 'N' paid for by the current clown in the white house just baffles me. Then again how many people in the history of the world have bought his type of snake oil before and actual thought that it worked.

In other words: you are lying to yourself if you believe his BS.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

This dude has lost virtually any credibility he once had. He's like a quacking duck these days. He opens his mouth and what he says goes in some ear and out the other.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
That's a very divisive comment from Obama...!!

He was talking about Northern Ireland. One of the more divided pieces of land on the planet. Divided along sectarian religious lines. Maybe we do away with the sectarianism, which is strengthened by religious schools.

You couldn't tell a catholic from a Protestant unless you separate them into different schools and hammer home separate beliefs.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Division is good. What's scary, is all you fools that agree with bho on this. He is basically saying we should all be one mind and one opnion. division doesn't beget violence, which is what he is insinuating, hatred begets violence.

Ex.
I am very far divided from those on the far left, however, I would not commit any violence against them since I do not hate them. I disagree with them, they disagree with me, and the best ideas/progress continue to win out.

What happened to celebrating diversity? LMAO

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dfairlite

He is basically saying we should all be one mind and one opnion. division doesn't beget violence, which is what he is insinuating, hatred begets violence.

BEING IGNORANT of other people's beliefs, cultures, and worldviews is what begets hatred and bigotry.
He is NOT saying we should all be one mind and one opinion. That's ridiculous!!

He is promoting compassion, cultural competence, and communication between people with DIFFERING views.
:shk:

You know why things seem to 'progress'? Because of the Progressives pushing for it. You have a very limited and false idea of what "the left" and "global understanding and tolerance" are about.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

He is basically saying we should all be one mind and one opnion. division doesn't beget violence, which is what he is insinuating, hatred begets violence.

BEING IGNORANT of other people's beliefs, cultures, and worldviews is what begets hatred and bigotry.
He is NOT saying we should all be one mind and one opinion. That's ridiculous!!

He is promoting compassion, cultural competence, and communication between people with DIFFERING views.
:shk:

You know why things seem to 'progress'? Because of the Progressives pushing for it. You have a very limited and false idea of what "the left" and "global understanding and tolerance" are about.

100% false, being ignorant usually causes unfounded happiness, such is the state of the liberal/progressive mind. Ignorance is bliss. If I didn't know what people believed or what their worldview was, why would I hate them? Now maybe you used the wrong word (ignorant) and meant if I had false views of their beliefs and worldview, and there you may have a point, lies/evil beget hatred, not ignorance.

OT: progressives aren't progressive at all, they're really quite regressive from my experience, what sort of progress are progressives for?

Back on topic, not only is this hypocritical since he'd never say it about the muslim equivalents, but also, didn't he just give the commencement address at an all black, all boys school? And weren't most of his remarks geared around how everyone outside of blacks are racists? That was quite divisive wasn't it, yet it didn't beget violence. Should it have?

edit on 22-6-2013 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

didn't he just give the commencement address at an all black, all boys school? And weren't most of his remarks geared around how everyone outside of blacks are racists?

There are white boys in that school as well, and no he didn't say that.

I have nothing more to say to you. You are a hater, and YOU have faulty thinking and poor understanding, which makes YOU responsible for the world's ills, not Obama.

/chat

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

LOL, good one, you addressed color but not sex, then reverted to ad hominem attacks. Obama is a hypocrite, and also a symptom. It is his supporters who are to blame for the ills of the world, not the man himself. These supporters decried Bush but give the big O a pass on everything. He can do and say no wrong, and that mentality is the exact mentality that allows psychopaths to get many followers before they become full blown tyrants.

and it's [/chat], or /chat>, if you're going to invoke programming syntax at least use it properly.

EDIT:
I do want to add that it's not just those on the left that are the problem, there are those on the right that are the problem as well. Those would be the people such as those that decry the patriot act now and don't admit their error in giving bush a pass on it.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Nicks87

This dude has lost virtually any credibility he once had. He's like a quacking duck these days. He opens his mouth and what he says goes in some ear and out the other.

Doesn't go in my ears, I turn the channel as soon as I see his face. The man wants people to worship his image, that's why you see him on tv everyday. When you can see this man's face more often than you see your own spouse, there's something gnarly going on.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

I still wonder if the man does stuff like this because he is trying to get under the skin of conservatives and the right or if he is just that ignorant.

He may be doing that, but it's way more than that. He is nationalizing education. This project is called Common Core Standards, and it is forcing a substandard curriculum nationally and Internationally based on biased propaganda and Progressive indoctrination(promoting AGW instead of real science for instance). I'm sure he is far from ignorant. I'm sure he knows exactly what he is doing.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What happened to celebrating diversity? LMAO

It never was about real diversity to begin with. It was a tool, nothing more. If BO was to be really diverse, he would celebrate the many different types of private schools, but he is intent on indoctrinating all youth, and that is why he is trying to force all schools to take the Common Core Standards poison.
The words Common and Standard are key.... it's not about real excellence, it's about indoctrination and nationalization.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Off topic post!

OMG please change that damn cat wiggling its bum - it makes me laugh every time I scroll down through a thread... it's very distracting LMAO

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by crzayfool
reply to post by littled16

Off topic post!

OMG please change that damn cat wiggling its bum - it makes me laugh every time I scroll down through a thread... it's very distracting LMAO

It's an intricate conspiracy to distract the members so that I can further my diabolical plan to take over the world!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by MadMax7
That's a very divisive comment from Obama...!!

He was talking about Northern Ireland. One of the more divided pieces of land on the planet. Divided along sectarian religious lines. Maybe we do away with the sectarianism, which is strengthened by religious schools.

You couldn't tell a catholic from a Protestant unless you separate them into different schools and hammer home separate beliefs.

So he's over in Ireland telling them how to run their education. Figures. You just pointed out the even deeper hubris in this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join