It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Forces Storm Into Western Fallujah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You guys are on the right track. I think im in the same "gut feeling" club as you guys. Dying for some of these guys is the goal, there is no higher honor and they would have no issue at all taking inocents with them. I would bet that they would not hesitate to use anthing at thier disposal, including chems or nukes. Lets just pray they have none. One thought I had about thier claim to use new tactics is fighting behind kids and women. I mean literally holding them with one hand and shooting with the other. This will be ugly folks, no denying that, the question is how ugly is it going to get? Thanks GWB....

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
US Military Intelligence has concluded that the insurgents may be prepared to use nerve gas.

Of course thare are no WMDS, right?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
US Military Intelligence has concluded that the insurgents may be prepared to use nerve gas.

Of course thare are no WMDS, right?

All troops have protective masks...doesn't imply either way if gas will be used. But, you can figure that if they do use gas, our boys will still be able to function, though more slowly. I'm not exactly sure how well the insurgents are protected but I can imagine them falling over like poleaxed cattle.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Our troops all may suffer for years to come. They may live today, but they also may end up with mass gulf war syndrome later. There are 400k people who live in that city, and 200k of them could die from such an attack if they haven't left already, then you get the terrorists hiding among the dead bodies and shooting marines in the back. It's happened that way before in WWI, and WWII.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
US Commander, Gen. George Casey believes that insurgents within the city of Fallujah will not offer much resistance until US and Iraqi forces reach the city center. He believes that fighters are preparing for an all out battle once the city center is reached. He expects that the weapon of choice for the terrorists will be the homemade bomb and car bombs.

appnews.myway.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - The top U.S. commander in Iraq on Monday predicted a "major confrontation" on the streets of Fallujah as a U.S.-led force of as many as 15,000 troops pressed to retake control of the Sunni Muslim city.

Gen. George Casey said that the offensive, which began on Sunday, was proceeding on schedule and that he expected the insurgents to use homemade roadside bombs and car bombs as their "weapon of choice."

With as many as 15,000 troops participating in the siege, he predicted that insurgent defenders on the outer edges of the city would fall back into the city center for a "major confrontation" with U.S. and allied Iraqi forces.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If the thoughts of others, myself included, that the rebels may well be planning to use chemical weapons comes true, the battle at the center of Fallujah may be where it happens. If the rebels can draw the US and Iraqi forces in, and get them somewhat bunched up, it would be an ideal scenario for them to use chem weapons.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Update

Reports coming in that some forces have reached the heart of Fallujah.

Reauters news

TextFALLUJA, Iraq (Reuters) - U.S. forces punched to the heart of Falluja on Tuesday after fierce fighting with guerrillas in Iraq's most rebellious city, a U.S. military source said.

The source gave no details about the advance to the center, the furthest U.S. forces have penetrated in the Sunni Muslim city west of Baghdad in seven months.

Residents said U.S.-led forces were near the middle of Falluja. Terrified civilians stayed at home, nerves stretched by the crash of bombs.

As battles raged in Falluja, insurgents hit back elsewhere with bloody attacks in Baquba and other cities in which some 60 people have been killed since Monday night.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by asala]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
US-Iraqi forces control third of Fallujah: marine officer

The troops faced resistance at the beginning but it soon faded, another senior military official said.

They seized Fallujah's train station in the north-east and carried on pushing towards the centre, an AFP correspondent embedded with the military said.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Allawi makes appeal to rebels

Mr Allawi is also in contact with tribal leaders from Fallujah and other cities in the restive province of al-Anbar, noting that they had shown their support for the government, spokesman Thaer al-Naqib said.

"The political solution is possible even if military operations are ongoing," Mr Naqib told reporters at the main US military camp outside Fallujah.

He said all powerful al-Dulaimi tribe from the al-Anbar province which contains both Fallujah and its restive neighbour Ramadi would declare its support for the government very soon, according to the spokesman.

www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO
I'm sure all those contractors over there to make a buck helping the occupying army are reeeeallly helping the ordinary people
US forces have obliterated fallujah's hospital - horay for progress

I think he was referring to people like Margaret Hassam, who headed up CARE international's Iraq operation.

Incidentally I understood that contrary to US forces "obliterating" the hospital, it was secured early on in order to prevent it being used as a tool for inflating civilian casualties. Smart move if you ask me. I've seen photos from inside the hospital and it seems fairly intact.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by mattpryor]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
No one who loves the people of Fallujah would use nerve gas in that city.

To do so would be an act worthy of eternal shame, eternal condemnation, and eternal retribution.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
well piont on this disscussion are realy gd and seem well founded but im worried bout iraqi commando's in top of the range gear and top class world renowed training from the US and brittish tactical minds this in it self sounds familar exactly what america done when iran and iraq where at throats with each other i feel sumthing is up

good luck to all the marines and gods speed and good luck to black watch too

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here is the way it should be handled. All residents are to report to a checkpoint with nothing put the clothes on their backs. They will be shipped by train to Baghdad. The US will demolish the entire city and rebuild the entire city. This solution would cost less, and save innocent lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join