It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all knew... Snowden's revelation is really not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
For years, maybe even decades... us conspiracy theorists theorized and came to the logical conclusion that the government is monitoring our internet ATS (and other) posts, emails, activity, and general habits. If it's easy for commercial entities to track us with cookies... we all knew that the gover'mnt had a better hand than those clowns... thus by logical conclusion it was common knowledge that they were monitoring us.... yes... probably our every move.

The big revelation, is that now not only us conspiracy theorists know about this, but because of Snowden... which was eventually going to come into the light anyways.... everybody now knows.

Strike one for the conspiracy theorists.... We knew about this first!!!! So what that no-one believed us. It's a validation/confirmation, and a very good one at that.

edit on 19/6/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So its not strike one, we got a man on first now

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

The big revelation, is that now not only us conspiracy theorists know about this, but because of Snowden... which was eventually going to come into the light anyways.... everybody now knows.

Yes you are right...many, many people knew this was happening years ago; now everyone knows; maybe that has been one of Snowden's major points...for everyone to know.

I think that before he leaked all the information that he did; he weighed the personal costs to himself; and he knew he was really in for it; but he went ahead anyway.

I think TPTB want to capture him alive; and make an example of him; to discourage others from doing what he has done.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
So its not strike one, we got a man on first now

Baseball analogy fail.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes you are right...many, many people knew this was happening years ago; now everyone knows; maybe that has been one of Snowden's major points...for everyone to know.

We live in a strange, strange world.... Not to sound like Rod Serling... but a world that most people don't want to really look at, or acknowledge. Strange things happen... and are uncontrolled by most. All this while the majority are very happy watching DWTheStrs, a movie or two during the week, and doing their job. Little do they know what really goes on behind closed doors, or perhaps more apt: behind government firewalls. Well... it looks like the light has been turned on.. at least for a while. It's a bright day for all of us.. for now. Lots of light going 'round.

Remember Fukushima? The light was on that for a while... then the MSM gradually or suddenly dropped it... Like it never existed. And many ppl fell for it. Even now, a LOT of ppl are in the dark of the fact that it has been leaking radiation into the Pacific since the EQ in Japan on 11 March 2011. I feel sorry for those who are exposed to the deadly radiation daily. No more sushi for me.. at least not as much now.

edit on 19/6/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

For years, maybe even decades... us conspiracy theorists theorized and came to the logical conclusion that the government is monitoring our internet ATS (and other) posts, emails, activity, and general habits.

...and you were wrong.

Strike one for the conspiracy theorists.... We knew about this first!!!!

No, you had a paranoid conspiracy theory for which you are still lacking evidence.

Snowden's revelations do not prove that the government is monitoring your internet ATS (and other) posts, emails, activity, and general habits.

He has shown that the government has the power to make data mining requests from a select group of American companies, that the number of such requests is extremely small, that the data is checked by machines—not by humans—and that none of this has changed anything for 99% of the people being checked.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I'm still laughing.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I guess some credit should go to George Orwell also? Considering how he seemed to inadvertently predict so much of this stuff decades before it happened.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Snowden's revelations do not prove that the government is monitoring your internet ATS (and other) posts, emails, activity, and general habits.

i'm growing tired of your outright disinformation.

The National Security Agency has acknowledged in a new classified briefing that it does not need court authorization to listen to domestic phone calls, a participant in the briefing said. Rep. Jerrold Nadler, a New York Democrat, disclosed on Thursday that during a secret briefing to members of Congress, he was told that the contents of a phone call could be accessed "simply based on an analyst deciding that." If the NSA wants "to listen to the phone," an analyst's decision is sufficient, without any other legal authorization required, Nadler said he learned. "I was rather startled," said Nadler, an attorney and congressman who serves on the House Judiciary committee.

news.cnet.com...
i would *almost* be prepared to overlook this, if it weren't for the fact that there is an ATS thread on this exact article, AND YOU POSTED ON IT! the question was posed:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by elouina
NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants - Angry yet?

and you responded with:

Nope. I live in Australia. They can't tap my phone. Sucks to be you.

very, VERY tired of this. you are outright, with full knowledge, lying. other posters have pointed this out before and asked you nicely to think before you post and refrain from posting insults and disinformation, but you continue to ignore requests of civility.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I know annoyingly funny right.

I'm with ya. LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

You could not possibly understand being on the other side of the world.

Besides, you have been proven woefully wrong.

Kindly refrain from outright lying and your oh so obvious jealousy.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

You didn't even have to theorize. Carnivore, Echelon, then Prism...this was all kind of out there, if you looked. The only real revelation was that yes, they actually have the storage capacity to ARCHIVE this information. That was the only thing that surprised me.

top topics

join