It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust your gut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm trying very hard to integrate this into my life because when I look back and I didn't, things didn't go well. Take today as an example, One group I had in the hotel ordered a wireless microphone and a podium mic, I set them up and tested them. In some area of my gut I felt I should probably install two wireless mics but it never happened because they were not ordered. Next I get a call at home from a technophobic Banquets captain who informs me the client wishes to add a second wireless unit, he's panicking because he doesn't understand what needs to happen and I fail in trying to explain. The end result is going to be an unhappy client (and it just had to be the president of Iraq
...Where is life ever fair!) My point here being that if I'd just learn to trust what my gut was trying to tell me I would have pre installed the second microphone, life would have been good. Curious to here your instances where you could have saved yourself a ton of grief if you'd only listened to that inner voice (Gut feeling)...
edit on 18-6-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Superstorm sandy. I did not evacuate when I should have because I survived Irene. All day long my "gut" was telling me to leave, but my intellect was saying I'd be fine. One example, I talked to a neighbor who had also decided to stay. She said "the dog's been crazy all day" (leading up to storm) - made my hair stand on end - alert, alert- still ignored it.

Biggest mistake and scariest experience of my life.

Trust your gut.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Bottom line...We survive but with a little more wear and tear than was necessary.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My brain says Salad, my gut says COOKIES. Guess who I listened to, and now my gut is bigger than my brain.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Superstorm sandy. I did not evacuate when I should have because I survived Irene.

It was stupid not to evacuate for Irene, it's even more stupid to do it again because you survived it the first time.

All day long my "gut" was telling me to leave, but my intellect was saying I'd be fine.

Intellect?

One example, I talked to a neighbor who had also decided to stay. She said "the dog's been crazy all day" (leading up to storm) - made my hair stand on end - alert, alert- still ignored it.

Ah yes, take your advice from a dog.
Yet.. don't listen to that either.

Trust your gut.

Or use your brain as intended?
edit on 19-6-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
My brain says Salad, my gut says COOKIES. Guess who I listened to, and now my gut is bigger than my brain.

Well, you can't blame your gut, your gut has a lot of the same stuff as your brain does. It is in fact the secondary Brain. Literally.

Technically known as the enteric nervous system, the second brain consists of sheaths of neurons embedded in the walls of the long tube of our gut, or alimentary canal, which measures about nine meters end to end from the esophagus to the anus. The second brain contains some 100 million neurons, more than in either the spinal cord or the peripheral nervous system, Gershon says.

"The system is way too complicated to have evolved only to make sure things move out of your colon," says Emeran Mayer, professor of physiology, psychiatry and biobehavioral sciences at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (U.C.L.A.). For example, scientists were shocked to learn that about 90 percent of the fibers in the primary visceral nerve, the vagus, carry information from the gut to the brain and not the other way around. "Some of that info is decidedly unpleasant," Gershon says.

www.scientificamerican.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Trust Your Gut!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That is So true-it often comes in the form of that "little voice" telling you something-and the times I've ignored it,was to my severe detriment.The words "Look behind the chest of drawers" came into my mind once,and for some insane reason I ignored it-and lost a friend forever as a result,even if the hurt caused was not by me.ALWAYS trust your gut,always listen to that little voice.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

top topics

join