It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA is in so much trouble...and here is an example of how.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is the result of the law of unintended consequences there may be others yet to come about over this NSA situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

good try Mr defense Attorney but in the name of ... yep you guessed it... "National Defense" take's president from your link and the Key words used

The U.S. attorney general may file an affidavit if he feels that disclosure or a hearing would harm national security interests, according to Judge Rosenbaum's June 10 order. The judge gave the government two days to produce the records.
now I do not know if the US attorney general will use that or not, but my thinking is he willl.

If the Government uses that angle, we all get to sit back and laugh. The dude robbing from Brinks is a matter of National Security?
More like keeping the program as secret as possible.... and intact, is a matter of job security for a bunch of NSA employees.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It will turn out that those records were never meant to be used in the manner they are seeking to use them and that they are SOL .

You really think they are going to concede anything to the people??

you really think some petty crook is gonna be allowed to succeed against a bigger crook that is our government??

you really think the russian people got anything past the KGB? The KGB is nothing compared to the NSA, and if you quote the consitution .. well they are above the law dont' you get that??

don't be so naive. they are in no trouble in at all.
edit on 19-6-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Great find/ discovery.....I myself find this amusing simply because I am not on the" hot seat " so to speak.

I guess they admit to gathered information when it fits their agenda, but when push comes to shove as in your OP they either fess up or get the heck out of Dodge :-)

Thanks for the humorous but yet serious OP.
And as curly would say sortainly :-)
Always enjoy your wisdom and posts.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 19-6-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Didnt Google (aka NSA) just lease the "true" fastest super computer in the World?? That Quantum Computer that actually works??

Makes you think that this is not going away soon no matter the Cost in the Courts. I think there going to expand it, because the Fed will make it happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Mozilla Firefox the popular internet browser has made a petition on their homepage to stop having the NSA spying on us. Here is the link: optin.stopwatching.us...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think it's important to note in all this that our nation has a third branch. Often forgotten or glossed over as less powerful than the other 2. Courts have no particular loyalty to anyone in Congress or the White House. Sometimes that's very good and sometimes very bad. It's always interesting though.

Writing off the whole nation as "nothing we can do...It's all equally corrupt" is a bad way to give up and just accept defeat. I can't see that sentiment as anything else, myself. I've learned failure in life and it's a bitter lesson. I don't know how to give up or quit when I care though. For my nation's future? I do care. S

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
this is likely to be frought with problems similar to dna forensic evidence. my hubby did a paper for college on the subject. a defense attorney would have dna samples run on various pieces of evidence, and get their client freed from prison if the tests suggested the client wasn't the actual perpetrator.. this resulted in some unscrupulous prosecuting attorneys, deliberately having the evidence destroyed, so the dna tests could not be run. what a mess.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Anyone who has been convicted of a crime or has been charged with a crime has the right to see evidence that could possibly exonerate them. This includes any phone and internet records that exist. Of course the NSA has been databasing phone and internet records with PRISM since 2001 and with Echelon since the mid 1980s. Snowden has opened a pandora's box. Since the NSA has been collecting and analyzing communications since the mid 1980s and possibly before, why were they not able to stop the 911 attacks? The people who benefited the most from the 911 attacks were not the Israelis or Al Qaida. The NSA benefited the most from the 911 attacks. It gave them the Orwellian state they had always wanted. I think evidence exists that the 911 attacks were allowed to succeed. This is why the NSA is in a panic over Snowden's leaking.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This will not be the last time that various legal angles are used to assail the draconian monitoring of private data by the intelligence services. As a matter of law, it will be hard to convict any person of any crime, if data may exist which would prove thier guilt or innocence, but cannot be bought into evidence for "national security reasons". Juries have to act based on a measure which is, and must remain, beyond a reasonable doubt. Well, since most everyone who has ever so much as farted in public has had thier telecomunications intercepted, that measure just got a whole lot stiffer, and loopholes you could drive a coach and four through, have just opened up.

I am not saying that the jury system has just become impotent. I would never say that. But this challenge does mean that proving guilt in the future, to a jury of reasonably intelligent people that is, is going to be tricky from here on out, assuming the jury in question is determined to be faithful to the process itself. You get a bunch of oathbreaking dirtbags in a room, and they will decide a case based on what engagements they are missing while being on service, but assuming all things are equal? Its going to mess things up for a while yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I actually don't think the NSA is in trouble at all.
If anything, they can use cases like this to justify the program.

In fact, I am almost guarantee there's some fat man rubbing his ham hands together laughing though his cigar right now.
This program just gained public use.
And public use means public acceptance.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wowsers!! This is like tipping itching powder down their backs.. it could snowball indeed..though I imagine the nsa will make the information either difficult to read or provide so much data that it will take years or even decades to filter. There is more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes and we the cattle are dealing with very smart individuals here that will surely have anticipated this entire scenario. However I do sense the panic. What is curious though is that there is no coverage by the media here in the uk.. and what is happening in the US right now. .you can guarantee is happening here too..and other countries no doubt.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Let's see if I have that one ?
Can of milk
Can o peas
Can opener
Can of whoop ass.
Ahh yes ! Here we are.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Now that everyone on the Planet knows that the Government (aka NSA ) has all of these phone records, is any local government allowed to tap into that as a resource for for evidence in cases?

It is really hysterical, to me, but that I think we are going to see more reverberations and repercussions come from this whole mess. Like I have said before They are all Steppin' and Fetchin', Runnin' and Screamin'' like their asses are on fire and their heads are catchin'. The whole mess is snowballing and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I personally applaud Mr. Snowden for Causing a Wreck of Epic Proportions. I can honestly say that his name is not going to be forgotten anytime soon.

Awesome Post! I specially like the last paragraph. Reminds me of a joke:

Paul runs into the railroad central office screaming that a mistake had been made and 2 trains were on the same track heading towards each other at full steam (this is an old joke)
At this point the boss sits there for a minute, calmly thinking the thing through and tells Paul: "Call BR-549 and tell them to get to where the collision will occur asap."
Paul: "Who is at BR-549? Can they prevent the wreck?"
Boss: "No, it's my brother-in-law, and he ain't NEVER seen a wreck like this one!"

edit on 20-6-2013 by bbracken677 because: formatting

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agree the NSA is in much trouble and the examples cited as examples, are excellent areas that need our attention.

It has become apparent that the MSM is attempting to move on to other bigger and more foreign in nature, so as to continue the distraction of the public's attention, from needed matters of public discourse. Rather than continue to bemoan all the privacy issues, the NSA spying program has disclosed, there is still one major area of discussion that no one is discussing and to help keep it short, here goes.

While the NSA technological advances to collect, store and data mine the information is itself an achievement, what we have seen and learned is that the more surveillance is created, the more it leans towards keeping an eye on enemies of the state, depending on who is in power.

Political targeting, intimidation, black mail are all elements of the ongoing abuses that the collection of so much public information creates for those who collected it illegally and find ways to benefit from the data collected.

What is not being discussed in all the abuse discussion of such technology and data collection is that if this information were not abused, but were mined to solve crimes, name names, places and quantify the players to all criminality in govt. and if such a technology were used to benefit truth, justice and the American way, only then can you begin to see that the technology the NSA possesses is in the hands of the wrong people, doing all the wrong things.

If such NSA technology were used to solve all crime, prevent all crime and actually prevent treason, fraud and the symbiotic gangster relationship that exists between corporations and govt. anyone should be able to see that while they distract us with privacy issues and move on, we should be asking what if we used this technology to be the example for ending criminality in govt.

All murders, thefts, fraud, every crime to include treason would be solved and in time eliminated from govt activity done in the name of the public's interests.

The NSA technology, in the hands of a moral and lawful people, would be a good use to protect the public's interest, and it is time we consider using such technology as a means of insuring we can end criminality in govt while bringing the actual criminals to justice, while also removing them from society where as we have learned is not what our current Judicial system is about. Delays, corrupt Federal Judges, etc is proof that our system is dying from the cancer of corruption.

Use the NSA technology to benefit humanity and the true interests of Americans. Use it in a manner consistent with an ethical standard, and a system designed to promote truth and justice. Then and only then would the current NSA system of corruption that plagues the world begin to end. It is that ending that the technology could lead us, if only we will see that it is not the technology that is abusive, it is those that control it and so we need a system of truth, where only those free of crime and political dogma can work to benefit the true future of Americans and American policy with others in the world.

The advancement of such high tech data collection is today discussed in simple terms of privacy abuses for the masses, but for those truly awake, they should see already that such technology in the hands of the good guys is all it would take, to begin the end of crime in govt, and anywhere such a system of control could peer into.

Truth and justice for all practical purposes would return and while this is the bright side, it would take different systems and different methodologies to accomplish what this thought process entails, but as I have learned, if there is honor in the job and in being around those on the job who are also honorable, then being a part of that team seems to be the biggest motivation to climb on board and do what people of a like mind could do for the betterment of all society, if only such a NSA technology data mining system were kept from those who would abuses such technology.

Just thought you should consider that we need to begin asking, since we already have the collection of such data, why not begin using it to solve real crimes that matter in the name of national interests.

Thanks for the thread. A wonderful item to discuss these days if only we will expand our discussion to include the use of such NSA technology to better society instead of just privacy abuse issues.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think I should share this

edit on 20-6-2013 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How naive to say the NSA is in any trouble at all.
The NSA is above trouble or legislation.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Any more news on this? It's been more than 2 days.

This is all I could find.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...

I think their response is BS.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just heard an investigator on FOX talking about being able to retrieve Aaron Hernandez's phone records in an effort to build a case against him... May be related.

Also, one can see the pattern emerging.

This is bad news. May make for a successful thread if someone wants to write it up.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernForkway26

I think that we should petition the NSA for all records of all phone calls and emails of politicians and lobbyists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join