It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influenza: marketing vaccine by marketing disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been posted, I used the search engine but didn't find it posted.

The article is about Doctor Peter Doshi, a postdoctoral fellow at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, who states the that influenza/flu, and the flu vaccine are being marketed by organizations which are supposed to look after people, and not to look after the interests of "Big Pharma". But that these organizations are in fact even exaggerating flu/influenza cases, and not reporting the health risks from the vaccines themselves to the public.

The Doctor is making a case that the CDC and other "health organizations" like WHO (he doesn't mention WHO) are overstating the threat from this disease just to cater to the marketing interests of the big pharmaceutical companies.

Expert questions US public health agency advice on influenza vaccines

Marketing influenza vaccines involves marketing influenza as a threat of great proportions, argues Johns Hopkins fellow

Influenza: marketing vaccine by marketing disease

The United States government public health agency, the CDC, pledges “To base all public health decisions on the highest quality scientific data, openly and objectively derived.” But Peter Doshi, a postdoctoral fellow at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, argues that in the case of influenza vaccinations and their marketing, this is not so.

His article is published on bmj.com today (Thursday 16 May 2013).

Promotion of influenza vaccines is one of the most visible and aggressive public health policies today, writes Doshi. Today around 135 million doses of influenza vaccine annually enter the US market, with vaccinations administered in drug stores, supermarkets - even some drive-throughs.

This enormous growth has not been fuelled by popular demand but instead by a public health campaign that delivers a straightforward message: influenza is a serious disease, we are all at risk of complications from influenza, the flu shot is virtually risk free, and vaccination saves lives.

Yet, Doshi argues that the vaccine might be less beneficial and less safe than has been claimed, and the threat of influenza appears overstated.

To support its case, the CDC cites two studies of influenza vaccines, published in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals and carried out by academic and government researchers with non-commercial funding. Both found a large (up to 48%) relative reduction in the risk of death.

“If true, these statistics indicate that influenza vaccines can save more lives than any other single licensed medicine on the planet,” says Doshi. But he argues that these studies are “simply implausible” and likely the product of the ‘healthy-user effect’ (in this case, a propensity for healthier people to be more likely to get vaccinated than less healthy people)

group.bmj.com...

The following part is also very telling, in which the CDC itself states that the evidence is undermined by bias.

In addition, he says, there is virtually no evidence that influenza vaccines reduce elderly deaths – the very reason the policy was originally created.

He points out that the agency itself acknowledges the evidence may be undermined by bias. Yet, he says “for most people, and possibly most doctors, officials need only claim that vaccines save lives, and it is assumed there must be solid research behind it.”

Here is a link to the medical journal where Doctor Peter Doshi posted his article/research.
www.bmj.com...

edit on 18-6-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is not a new topic in general .
They try to create hysteria by claiming this is killing people here ,and there ,and it can be transfered to humans by horny toads etc.
WHO are completely behind it ,and make the recommendations
I have come to believe NOTHING WHO claims. And I do mean nothing .
All they do is lie .
Most of us learned all of this during the alleged H1N1 "pandemic" of 2009 .

I think to date ,h1n1 has killed ,if it even was h1n1 ,2000 people .
I may be a bit off on the numbers ,as I haven't looked at the stats in ages,but its something like that .

Given ,numerous other strains of flu kill 15,000 yearly ,for a few decades now ,the fact oboma declared a pandemic when deaths were even less than 2000 ,is quite telling.
The president declaring a pandemic,set him up to declare martial law if "the disease gets out of hand".
Chances are good,if you got the vaccination,you would have gotten sick ,but since so many people didn't get it,it didn't happen .
Deaths and miscarriages were reported worldwide.
WHO denied it ,but Japan stopped giving it after a series of fatalities after getting the vaccine.
One blog kept track of all the miscarriages ,and the local govt shut it down .
WHO lies. The pharm industry makes millions ,and most vaccines have dire side affects .

edit on 6/19/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

new topics

join