It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK planned war on Syria before unrest began: French ex-foreign minister

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

UK planned war on Syria before unrest began: French ex-foreign minister

www.presstv.com

A former French foreign minister says Britain had been planning a war against Syria some two years before to the unrest broke out in the Arab country.

The statement by Roland Dumas came during a recent interview with French Parliamentary TV network, LCP.

“I’m going to tell you something. I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business. I met with top British officials, who confessed to me that they were preparing something in Syria,” said Dumas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone paying attention, but it always helps when trying to spread the truth when an official figure comes forward.

There was no 'uprising' in Syria, the same as there was no 'uprising' in Libya. Western powers along with their allies in the middle east region sent 'rebels' into these countries to create chaos and force the armed forces to engage them, which paved the way for foreign intervention on 'humanitarian' grounds. It is as evil a plan as one can imagine.

The Syria blueprint in fact goes back to 1957 for those interested-

Syria Blueprint from the 1950's

PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION

What we have to realise is that although this appears to be about geopolitics, as does Libya, it is in the longterm a much greater agenda to divide this world into a WW3 scenario.

America and Britain did not benefit from any oil deals in Iraq or Libya, only corporations and businesses did. These wars served to put the final nails into the western nation's economies- the bankers who control this world hold zero loyalty to any nation, this is all just part of the game on the road to their NWO.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-6-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Two years ago our government began a cull of the armed forces that has pretty much ensured that the only thing the UK can plan outside our own back yard is a barbecue, provided guest numbers are kept to a manageable level and they bring their own drinks. I'm calling BS.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
PressTV, the mouth-piece of Iranian propaganda, and apparently also a really good source of news according to some members of ATS

French ex-foreign minister's opinions are the point of interest here.

Thanks.

Fox or CNN is hardly likely to share this news.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

yup and a quick Google search will tell you that Roland Dumas was the foreign minister 20 years ago and has since been convicted for corruption (fraud)

why would you chose to believe that this man would be a good source?

why the hell would the UK government tell him about these plans?
edit on 18-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well .. this is no surprise ..the guys at the top are always planning the next chess move.
As for armies, who needs them when you've already perfected the art of getting rid of governments by using/turning their own citizens against them, through bribes, threats, or fake promises. Corruption is a golden tool for these guys. In Syria, the so called 'rebels' are all bough out by the West, armed to the teeth.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Also on May 27, EU foreign ministers agreed, after lengthy talks among divided ministers in Brussels, to lift the arms embargo on the militants in Syria. France and Britain were the proponents of the move.

From your own source, i guess its selective reiteration of events to suit your own agenda?

There is another person on ATS pushing a pro Syrian war agenda, insisting that the UK wants war.

I have a inkling that some people on ATS have more than one profile.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

yup and a quick Google search will tell you that Roland Dumas was the foreign minister 20 years ago and has since been convicted for corruption (fraud)

why would you chose to believe that this man would be a good source?

why the hell would the UK government tell him about these plans?

Roland Dumas:

You ask me about the conduct of the French leaders, but the only thing I know is that they have gone crazy. President Sarkozy hosted Qadhafi a few months ago at the Élysée Palace, with a red carpet and all the grandiose honors. Two months later, Sarkozy is leading a crusader war, at the head of NATO, which has become a pawn serving international politics. This has been going on for a long time.

I regret to see my country, to which I belong with spirit, blood, and life, leading an instrument such as NATO to come and destroy an entire people and attack its leaders. This is precisely how crimes against humanity were defined, following the war of 1939-1945. However, we are not at war. It is a crime against humanity to attack a sovereign country, a UN member, without specifying what we are accusing it of.

Dumas knows what he is talking about.

One can hardly disagree with the above quote.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i]reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

People believe what they want to believe, regardless of the evidence. The fact that it is PressTV propaganda and a discredited French politician MUST make the story true!

Regards

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

One,its a CIVIL WAR!
Two, the UN has not accused them nor acted against the Syrian govt.
Three, the UK, part of the UN has lifted weapons embargo against Syria.

They are playing ball perfectly LEGIT.

The USA has accused Syria of the use of chemical weapons. If the USA acts it does so knowing that they may face the wrath of Russia and China.
edit on 18-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

In the past we have been allies with the Iranians. Isn't it more pertinent that we get our oil from Saudi and they hate the Iranians which, as they partly pull our chain, means that we now are not allies with the Iranians.

Also Armadinejad (why can't he just be called Smith which I can spell) has been wrongly reported in the press in the past.

I have watched Press tv in the past and found little diffference in their reporting to other channels. You can't say that our tv in Britain is not biased, it is tightly controlled and always has been, like our newspapers.

I do admit I have been astounded by our Government's actions especially the supplying of arms to the Libyans before the conflict started there. Like many people I use to trust my government in the past but sadly and after a reading through our recent history that I certainly didn't study when I was at school, I have had a rude awakening.

I know by Cameron wanting to supply arms to the rebels in Syria that something stinks - how many different groups of rebels are there in Syria - at least 12 groups, many made up of insurgents and there is no leadership or unification representing the opposition. We don't even know if they represent the wishes of the Syrian people. Does that really sound like a sensible foreign policy?

Regardless of what the ex Foreign Minister for France says, although we must admit he would be experienced in the foreign policy antics of the world, what is obvious is that Cameron has an agenda and its nothing to do with the country he actually governs' welfare.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

PressTV, the mouth-piece of Iranian propaganda, and apparently also a really good source of news according to some members of ATS

Thanks.

Fox or CNN is hardly likely to share this news.

And everyone has an opinion, right?
The think is, people can "claim" all they like, evidence is needed before people believe this kind of rubbish.
Why anyone would think a French minister on a trip to London would be privy to such top-secret information is itself laughable.

If the UK government were planning to create something in Syria, you would NOT have a random French minister overhearing it. This is complete BS.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
i]reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

People believe what they want to believe, regardless of the evidence. The fact that it is PressTV propaganda and a discredited French politician MUST make the story true!

Regards

yup seems that way

This is what this thread really is

"hey guys found this on Iranian-anti-western-propaganda.com with a disgraced French politician who has been out of the game for 20 years telling us all that he just so happened to have been told by high level British officals that they were going to war with Syria two years before the civil war even started, you know, because they just tell people stuff like that".

utter rubbish, unless you have had a lobotomy recently i can see no justifiable reason for believe PressTV on this.

Who has been supplying the rebels arms thus far?

Where are the rebels from?

What gives the US and UK the right to give weapons to rebels to remove a sovereign nation's leader?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Dumas's opinion is about as worthless as a peanut butter thumb tack sandwich, and goes down like one too.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
lol the French have always hated the British and that ex French president dumas more like dumb ass for believing this propaganda. No way the British people will accept another war and I assure you the only war will be the public against the government if that happens.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

One,its a CIVIL WAR!
Two, the UN has not accused them nor acted against the Syrian govt.
Three, the UK, part of the UN has lifted weapons embargo against Syria.

They are playing ball perfectly LEGIT.

The USA has accused Syria of the use of chemical weapons. If the USA acts it does so knowing that they may face the wrath of Russia and China.
edit on 18-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

A 'civil war' engineered by the UK and US. Made possible by our tax dollars.

'Legit'?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Where are the rebels from?

What gives the US and UK the right to give weapons to rebels to remove a sovereign nation's leader?

The rebels are the Syrian people who grew tired of the Assad regime. They seen the light after they elected him.
Sure there may be a few Taliban there in hiding but now that they are ready for peace talks.

The US is doing what they do best, World Policing.
The UK has not armed anyone yet that im aware of.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Dumas's opinion is about as worthless as a peanut butter thumb tack sandwich, and goes down like one too.

Roland Dumas:

I regret to see my country, to which I belong with spirit, blood, and life, leading an instrument such as NATO to come and destroy an entire people and attack its leaders. This is precisely how crimes against humanity were defined, following the war of 1939-1945. However, we are not at war. It is a crime against humanity to attack a sovereign country, a UN member, without specifying what we are accusing it of.

- Richard Dumas in response to 'humanitarian' intervention in Libya.

I think he makes great points in fairness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join