It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US To Hold Talks With Taliban 'Within Days'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
OK Here's how i believe the talk will go..

US...Hello Mr Taliban man, We are thinking about pulling all our troops out, but we have a small problem...

Taliban Man...No $h!# Mr US of A...

US..Ok, we seem to be on the same page...Now please here us out...this is a once on the table deal...take it or leave it..

Taliban man...Really.

US...Really..well maybe..you know...everything is negotiable in a democracy...

Taliban Man...Yeah...well here's our Deal...you GTF out of this Country and we promise not to deal with those Nasty Al-Qaeda types and we can get on with our Poppy cultivation and Global export Business...but here's the ...What you US of A dudes like to say..."The Kicker".....
You know how we have been allowed to cultivate and ship out our product and you have kindly turned a blind eye to it as long as we were passing on some information on rouge Pakistani insurgents...OK, we'll call them Competition moving into our patch...
Well, we want to increase the shipments and get our product to the west with as little interference as possible...Stop me if our demands are..what you say..excessive..

US...is it OK if i consult my pardners...10 minutes later.....It's a deal...well be out by Christma...eh...the Holiday season..you know end of December...

Taliban man....lol...you nearly stuck your self in the $%*t there...Now P!$$ off and start packing...we have some Gardening to get on with..

US...Yes sir, No Sir..Three Bags Full Sir....Scuttles off with Tail Between legs,"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I just wonder if they are all meeting to discus America's surrender.

If we are sitting down to talk to a bunch of radicals who murder little girls simply because they want to get an education ... then we have already surrendered. Those people can't be rational. 'Talking' is absurd. They won't stick to whatever they agree to and they are brainwashed by their radical ideology so nothing will change. To think they will keep their word or change is ignorant on our part.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Why would 'terrorists' talk to invaders? The US, with the assistance of the UK, and the rest of the 'alliance of the willing' are responsible for far more deaths than any terrorist organisation has been over the past 12 years.

Life is no a Hollywood - there are no all good guys in white hats - and no all bad guys in black hats. We, in our apathy, are supporting and promoting state sponsored terrorism.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
seems that the Taliban are now saying the want to do a prisoner exchange

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
seems that the Taliban are now saying the want to do a prisoner exchange

Good, as long it is an even exchange. Seven of them for one of ours, probably.

As long as we get all of ours. We need to bring our people home.
edit on 21-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think its going to be 5 for one

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
John Kerry is exactly as naive and gullible as I expected him to be.

The Taliban dont give a rip about Americas viewpoint.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join