It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Greys aren't real, where did the idea of them come from?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Tolkien took most of his inspiration from the legends of Northern Europe, virtually every race and character can be tracked down to a prototype from, mainly, Celtic and Norse mythology.

Charter Towers case 1932 Australia.. An Aboriginal female claims to have been captured by creatures wearing "silver suits" then taken aboard a UFO . She was tied to a table where various experiments were carried out on her. She also claimed, before being returned she was able to see , through oval windows in the craft, that it had indeed taken off.

There are those who claim that the Hills subconsciously used the descriptions of aliens from an episode of "The Outer Limits" broadcast shortly before their experience.

1929 Canada, Fermeneuve: Levis Brosseau, 2O was returning home when he saw a dark object with a yellow light and his horse became very nervous. Within 6 m of the object four or five dwarfish figures were running back and forth. He heard their pointed, childlike voices, then saw the dark object take off with a machinelike sound and a rush of air. Estimated size of object: 15 m diameter, 5 m high.

1930 Mandurah, W.A A farmer claims to have shot dead a small humanoid figure that showed up at this farm asking for water.

1935 Canada, Saskatchewan:..Three witnesses claim to have seen a landed UFO at Nipawin, and watched several little entities in silver suits ascending and descending a ladder. Square imprints and burnt areas seen and photographed at the location the next day.

1914 Ontario Canada... 8 witnesses claim figures seen outside of a craft seemingly taking on water from Georgian Bay

The oldest "Modern day" abduction case I have read of was from Britain in the 1920s and the victim published a book about his experiences. It use to be around online though sadly, the links I had for it are now dead. Thatt's a shame as the book contained virtually all the "classic modern themes of a typical supposed, UFO abduction.

Oh and one that ranks as right out there with the best..... A colleague of Baron Manfred Von Richtoften, German Air Force ace Peter Waitzrik is meant to have claimed, shortly before his death that. The Red Baron shot down a UFo over Belgium and they both witnessed two figures escape the wreckage... Then, the two little baldheaded guys climbed out and ran away.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Maybe that picture was of an Inuit? Kind of looks like this clothing. Some seal skins are whiter, some darker.

Not saying that is what they saw in 1930. Just pointing out the local natives wear 'similar' clothing...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

1930 Mandurah, W.A A farmer claims to have shot dead a small humanoid figure that showed up at this farm asking for water.

so is this like murder?? perhaps mistaken a small child?

should have been a body nevertheless. this one doesnt sound legit.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The pareidolia effect is quite an easy assumption to make about the "where". How many aliens can you see?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Maybe, good eye. But, why was it running away? Wish the picture was better www.ufoevidence.org... it looks like a snow man or casper the friendly ghost

Its just always been one of my favorite.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Those look like that old game "space invaders" a alien Armada! Blast 'em!!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yes, I killed that one! I remember him!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Something else regarding the Hill case that should be taken into account:

Any event or experience requiring Hypnotic Regression is immediately suspect.

Where are those Hypnotic Regression transcripts by the way? Are there complete recordings documented and available such we may discern the quality, integrity, and legitimacy of the sessions? Is there any record such that we can ensure without any doubts that there were no false memory implants, suggestions, psychic driving, or other potentially interesting military application experimental techniques taking place in these 'hypnotic regression' sessions conducted, suspiciously so, by military personnel and/or associates affiliated with such?

Reports of Hypnotic Regression do not add legitimacy to any claimed experience, but quite the opposite.
Any event requiring Hypnotic Regression is thus suspect.

Here the be "thus so" for you

Barney Hill Hypnosis - Complete

Dr. Benjamin Simon began hypnotizing the Hills on January 4, 1964. He hypnotized Betty and Barney several times each, and the sessions lasted until June 6, 1964. Simon conducted the sessions on Barney and Betty separately, so they could not overhear one another's recollections. At the end of each session he reinstated amnesia.

also "
CAPTURED! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience

By Stanton Friedman and Kathleen Marden, Betty’s niece. Much new information about the star map and never previously published info regarding the experience, I think this book has lots ah stuff..link..........> www.shop.stantonfriedman.com...

edit on 18-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by choos

Originally posted by FireMoon

so is this like murder?? perhaps mistaken a small child?

should have been a body nevertheless. this one doesnt sound legit.

Not quite the point of listing the incident. It really does shatter the myth perpetrated by the media and many sceptics that, UFOs did';t really happen until post World War 2, let alone any interaction. The truth is there were already urban legends about such diminutive creatures that saw them as "alien" plus furthermore, the sightings often came from virtual backwaters with no real cultural imperative to invent such stories. , There's a good chance there were considerably more such sightings and interactions sadly, Charles Fort, in a fit of depression, destroyed his huge collection of data about the "weird world".

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Is it just me or have people here been living in a box? Not to offend anyone but it almost seems like almost nobody here has had "contact" with societies other than people from their own country.
You can go from India to all the way to South America and find that the locals have always had legends and stories about past abductions WAY before America's Roswell. centuries ago.

You can socialize with different people from around the world. Get to know their culture their stories, you want hard evidence, you'll be lucky if some Peruvian family shows you ancient artifacts they have kept secret through out centuries because they believe its sacred.
Some people i've lived with before had weird artifacts that looked as hard proof ancient alien techonology to me, If i was interested in evidence back then i would have kept them myself, but as time goes by alot of people just throw away or even destroy these artifacts because they seem worthless. Money, food and shelter becomes more valuable than "some alien technology" that doesn't work anymore.

You want hard evidence, get out that box and go out to the world

Believe it or not there is ALOT more information outside the world than inside the internet.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Yeah, I remember hearing about Fort destroying his stuff over at "fortean times MB", that's a drag. Lots of good things he found and published.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

As I mentioned before, a lot of cultures also share a similar idea of a supreme creator (i.e., "God"). Does that mean that God exists, just because many cultures share a similar basic idea of that God?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Believe it or not there is ALOT more information outside the world than inside the internet.

Been there and done that! Damn near killed me
But, there are many books and such, like "Wonders in the sky", by Jacques Valle that have stories that go back to 1000 AD that are mind crazy weird!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

I haven't read the thread, but the answer to your question is: from the final frame of 2001: A Space Odyssey. And before that, miscarried fetuses.

edit on 18/6/13 by Astyanax because: of a miscarriage.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You can socialize with different people from around the world. Get to know their culture their stories, you want hard evidence, you'll be lucky if some Peruvian family shows you ancient artifacts they have kept secret through out centuries because they believe its sacred.

Many cultures also have their shamans who travel to other worlds while they take their potions. Peruvian culture is quite known for their ventures into hyperspace via Ayahuasca.

In spite of the frequency with which Pablo depicts spaceships,
he is sparse in his commentary about them.
Pablo says that these vehicles may take many shapes, are able to attain infinite speed,
and can travel underwater or under the earth. The beings travelling in them are like spirits,
having bodies more subtle than ours, appearing and disappearing at will. They belong to advanced extraterrestrial civilizations that live in perfect harmony. Great Amerindian civilizations like the Maya, Tiahuanaco, and Inca had contact with these beings. Pablo says that he saw in his journeys with ayahuasca that the Maya knew about this brew, and that they left for other worlds at some point in their history, but are about to return to this planet. In fact he says that some of the flying saucers seen by people today are piloted by Maya wise men.[48][footnote #48]

miqel.com...

Yes they take drugs.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

As I mentioned before, a lot of cultures also share a similar idea of a supreme creator (i.e., "God"). Does that mean that God exists, just because many cultures share a similar basic idea of that God?

and Do alot of those "cultures" you speak of share the same idea about aliens, UFO's?

To tell you the truth i dont know the answer to your question because the topic about God is something that i cant prove at all.

But what I do know alittle about is the topic on UFOs and alien experiences from people that i personally know and artifactual evidence that ive personally seen. Im not just making all this up. Ive traveled alot i've lived alot outside and inside my own country and i'll tell ya that no matter where i go and every person i've socialized with in my life, when one of them starts telling me about their great grandpa's story or an old village story or even a personal experience they all sound pretty similiar to me with the lights in the sky yadayada and I think to myself "HEy, sounds like another alien encounter."

and NO, not everyone believes in God like you think. Every individual holds on to their own personal belief about the life they live because life is hard for many and when you live a hard life its sometimes hard to believe in God.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

yeah, ayahuasca is a hecka of a drug

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

My point is that just because there are many cultures who have similar legends/beliefs (such as legends about aliens or a belief in God), that does not make Alien Greys or God any more "real".

All Humans share "humanity", and cultural references such as aliens or God all come from that same shared "humanity", so those cultural references such as their legends, stories, and fictions will seem similar.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

yeah, ayahuasca is a hecka of a drug

Is there a connection?

On several occasions during his career, UFOs just happened to show up while Jimi was giving a concert. During the last days of his life, he performed on the rim of an extinct volcano in Maui. Jimi played three 45-minute sets, says Henderson in his best-seller
After each set, he retired to a special sacred Hopi Indian tent. Later, witnesses in Maui testified that they heard musical tones emanating from rocks and stones. UFOs were also sighted over the volcano by people who called in to a local radio show
www.psychedelicadventure.net...
edit on 18-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join