It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Greys aren't real, where did the idea of them come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Someone's imagination that enough people repeated. Like fairies or similar, you'll have people who swear they were contacted by them, although its less common now because the idea of fairies seems more ridiculous than it once did

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Ok, I grant you that it's quite possible, but the Morlocks themselves look nothing like a Grey, so you gotta wonder where they came up with the description, and independent of each other, in hypnosis

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Box of Rain

No I have a pdf that has all the locations of underground facilities and bases in U.S and rest of the world.
It shows which tunnels lead where and what the purpose of the base is for. Thats how I know Roswell Connects to Carlsbad and Carlsbad connects to Util, NM.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Someone's imagination that enough people repeated. Like fairies or similar, you'll have people who swear they were contacted by them, although its less common now because the idea of fairies seems more ridiculous than it once did

Maybe the beings described as fairies WERE ETs, but using some kind of tech to alter their appearence

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

so you gotta wonder where they came up with the description, and independent of each other,

The 50s was a great time for alien and UFO movies , maybe they saw this one .

Or one of These

We don't know they did come up with their descriptions independently plus the value or validity of hypnosis is debatable .

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Okay again, I grant you that they might have seen those movies, maybe te description was an an amalgam of these movie aliens. Since both Hills have passed on, we will never know if they were sci fi buffs
My personal belief is they were abducted by beings unknown

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

My personal belief is they were abducted by beings unknown

Who knows mate

I used to believe the Betty and Barney story but for me now it just doesn't pass the sniff test .

I really did prefer being a believer

edit on 18-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I guess we will find out when something crashes in a heavily populated area or huge ships appear overhead

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy21

No I have a pdf that has all the locations of underground facilities and bases in U.S and rest of the world.
It shows which tunnels lead where and what the purpose of the base is for. Thats how I know Roswell Connects to Carlsbad and Carlsbad connects to Util, NM.

Do you have any independent sources (more than one, preferably) that confirm this map you have is real? Anyone could make up a map and say it is real.

I mean, I could say that I have information that tells me there is no tunnel between a base under Roswell and Carlsbad Cavern. Yep -- a geologist told me that he did some ground-penetrating sonar tests and found that there is no tunnel connecting a base under Roswell to Carlsbad Caverns (or a base under Roswell at all, for that matter).

Of course I'm just making that up, but it isn't hard to do. If I wanted to spend an hour or so, I could also make a fake map showing that the ground is solid between Roswell and Carlsbad.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

From an ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic wall, just google egypt grey alien.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

The pic you describe is a plant in a vase

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I see what your saying, the pdf was from a website called alienexistence.com, I found it on the Onion browser...Well I live in Roswell, this stuff about the underground base is common knowledge here. To those of you who have never been here it may sound ridiculous or even impossible to have a tunnel system underground, but I assure you it is possible. Humans have been doing it for thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It seems that other worldly beings have been documented throughout history. Many of these are indigenous creatures that usually stand very still as not to be noticed. If you catch ones eye(creepy experience), it will pretend you did not see it, and to your eyes it will disappear.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy21

I see what your saying, the pdf was from a website called alienexistence.com, I found it on the Onion browser...

You realize that The Onion is a satirical "news" website, yes?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That would be an extremely strange thing for them to do. What about people saying they've me a horned devil, do they randomly assume the appearence of the devil too?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I assume he means a browser for viewing .onion sites, not the onion

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

1917 - Aleister Crowley's first psychic communication with alien entity "LAM" is established.

LAM - The First Grey

Thanks for mentioning this. Allen H. Greenfield has written two or three books covering this angle in detail, and I personally find it far more interesting than the generic ETI interpretation.

Keep in mind that Crowley produced an invocation of LAM by repeating a ritual introduced into the literature by Sir John Dee, court scientist of Queen Elizabeth, in the fifteenth century. Crowley produced detailed descriptions of every successful invocation via Dee's techniques, and most of them match Dee's descriptions, although I don't know if the description of LAM did.

The story surrounding Dee is interesting in of itself, and worth looking into. He was, in a sense, the first 'psychic spy' in the historical record, using invoked entities to gain intelligence about the actions of the spanish ships engaging with the british navy.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
What's the earliest example in fiction of a "Grey" alien? If alien contacteeship isn't a real phenomenon, it was either made up or the Grey represents some of uncanny-valley sort of warp of the human face that's embossed into our brains.

It comes from popular culture.

The first mention of grey aliens was in the late 19th Century, by science fiction writer H. G. Wells (source).

'Greys' had already entered the public consciousness by the time Barney and Betty Hill came up with their story, and Stephen Spielberg popularised them in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
reply to post by draknoir2

I assume he means a browser for viewing .onion sites, not the onion

Ahh.

Anonymity doesn't exactly improve the quality of the source.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Our modern idea of what an alien is comes from the Roswell incident. However I have the picture on my phone bit don't know how to upload pics to the site, but there it's a 5000 year old Egyptian relief with a picture of a grey alien incorporated into the relief

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join