It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans here your views on Australians posting on ATS A few Questions:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

I don't have any problem with Australians, I have a problem with how we treat each other on ATS. I have gotten into many heated, useless discussions with Australians, mainly based on generalizations of Americans.

I think we need to stop stereotyping each other and learn how to debate like adults.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
Do americans have a low view of Australians in specific regards to conspiracy issues.
Do you view Australia as an insignificant backwater to far from where the moving and shaking of global finance and world power resides.
I have heard many americans claim Australia is not really country with an independent identity as it is tied to the british crown and has never become a republic thus forged its own identity via war of independence or civil war the way the US has.
Finally generally speaking do any of you give # what Australians think perhaps it is just me many seem to ignore me here so just curious. Also do you dislike left wing Aussies more than other Aussies.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

I'm just gonna go down the list:

1: I try not to have a low view of anybody conspiracy or not.

2: No not a backwater, just a huge island

3: I would say Australia has its own unique history & identity,
why try to compare it?

4:Generally speaking I try not to give a # Australian or other wise,
nothing personal. Left & Right both a drag...

when I was traveling around SE Asia.
I would stop by the ex pat pubs for a pint.
where I would find myself surrounded by Aussies & Kiwi's.
1st question constantly asked "whats up with Bush?" or "why'd You put Bush in office?"

After I spent my 1st pint schooling them,
That all Americans aren't USA USA chanting D-bags, that voted for GW
and explained that I was just another suffering slob trying to have a good time traveling we became good buds.

edit on 6/18/2013 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

There's one Australian on this site who ruffles my petticoats

But I say, judge a man by the content of his character, not by the bridge from which he learnt to troll.

It's me isn't it. For nicking your Medal

Never mind, I stuck a screw driver through my hand today and it hurts when I move it, so everyones arework is safe from the clutches of the fiend.

Oo

(literally, i poured water on my hand and was squeezing bubbles out .. red bubbles.. ahh what fun! )

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
reply to post by Darkblade71

When it comes to conspiracies, we are all nuts/paranoid, Australians included.

Not really ,Australians care little for conspiracy especially JB ideas nwo, world gov, etc.. as for paranormal or ufos even less so. Generally speaking i dont think we are as gullible even interesting as most americans with an interest in such.

Well, here's the thing.. I am fairly certain you only know the people you know. You can't speak for Australians no more than I can. If I did, we'd all be lunatics with goon bag hats.

I've known plenty of people who range from full on conspiracy nuts to just interested in conspiracy topics but not bothering their bums about much.

But unfortunately, 99% of the aussies I don't know, are sports mad idiots with barely any ability to think beyond "Where's the ball gone?" .. spectator sportsmen who never leave the living room.

god i hate sports.. lol

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think a lot of Americans I talk to like Australia as much as Canada, so they view it as a positive place to go.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Wow, that's quite an off-topic post you got there! I thought you were UK for some reason.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Do americans have a low view of Australians in specific regards to conspiracy issues.

Nah, you blokes are alright....I just don't care for the fact that the Gods seem to use Australia as some kind of testing ground for scary and weird creatures that will KILL you. Fish that kill if you step on them? Jellyfish that kill? Really? C'mon..... (not to mention your venomous snakes)...

As folks though, never met an Aussie I didn't like (and your women are downright gorgeous)....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Nah, you blokes are alright....I just don't care for the fact that the Gods seem to use Australia as some kind of testing ground for scary and weird creatures that will KILL you. Fish that kill if you step on them? Jellyfish that kill? Really? C'mon..... (not to mention your venomous snakes)...

As folks though, never met an Aussie I didn't like (and your women are downright gorgeous)....

They even have little octopi that have a deadly bite! And there's no antivenin available!

The octopus produces venom containing tetrodotoxin, 5-hydroxytryptamine, hyaluronidase, tyramine, histamine, tryptamine, octopamine, taurine, acetylcholine, and dopamine. The major neurotoxin component of blue-ringed octopus venom was originally known as maculotoxin but was later found to be identical to tetrodotoxin, a neurotoxin also found in pufferfish and some poison dart frogs that is 10,000 times more toxic than cyanide. Tetrodotoxin blocks sodium channels, causing motor paralysis and respiratory arrest within minutes of exposure, leading to cardiac arrest due to a lack of oxygen. The toxin is produced by bacteria in the salivary glands of the octopus. Their venom can result in nausea, respiratory arrest, heart failure, severe and sometimes total paralysis and blindness and can lead to death within minutes if not treated. Death is usually from suffocation due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

Blue-ringed Octopus

edit on 18-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Exactly my point... It's like some evil mad scientist's lab creatures escaped into the continent.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

On the contrary, I am from America and most people I know, think very well of Australia. Besides, there is good and bad people in every culture, I judge a person by their character. Race, color, or origin (if you are a decent person) I really could care less where you might be from.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

What? NO!
You guys are great.

In my mind. You're just like us. Except you have kangaroos and Koalas.
You guys are cool.
Agreed. Australians are like Americans without guns.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As a true American, I view Australians as carrying huge knives.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Personally, every Aussie I have known has been very cool.

Well since we are on a conspiracy forum its time for me to ask the esoteric questions in regards to the term cool or should i say Kool aid? What do you think you mean by that word has always jard me now in 2013 even more than ever!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

4:Generally speaking I try not to give a # Australian or other wise, nothing personal. Left & Right both a drag...

Our politics has been traditionally very different to the US and though its getting closer to libertarainism it is still only neo liberal ideology at most rightward here.
Australians still support the welfare state across the class spectrum and they are certainly not calling for its abolition. Like many ats posters, generally speaking still more of a left of centre nation even more so than britian.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well, here's the thing.. I am fairly certain you only know the people you know. You can't speak for Australians no more than I can. If I did, we'd all be lunatics with goon bag hats.

While this is maybe true dont you think if there was a groundswell of pple interested in this subject there would be more flocking to forums like ats talking about it more just like they are in the US and UK. Sorry but i just dont see it i think you know what i mean.
The fact that Alex Jones never visits Australia is proof of this otherwise he would add this nation to his tour schedule just like any other nations he visits. I mean david Icke does even though the last time he visited here he only visited one city melbourne which was kind of strange as if to say only pple in melbourne victoria are worth my time. Look at this clip below of "we are change" when they came to Sydney Australia, this will give some idea how well these ideas go down here;

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
1. Obvious troll thread is obvious.
2. I haven't found many Americans online or real world that have a strong distaste for Aussies. In fact, American women usually have an attraction to Aussies.
3. Anyone who dislikes anyone based on nationality is a xenophobe, and shouldn't be taken seriously. There's an A-hole in every country, and those people usually scream the loudest but are still only a small majority (well, usually)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Agreed. Australians are like Americans without guns

Depends whether your in the city or countryside or which state. If your going to say that generally then i would disagree urban pple are not like that in Australia. BTW what do you think it shows about Australians that they are so eager to cooperate with their gov and authorities to hand in their weapons?
Especially since criminals still have them in our biggest city Glock Pistols etc for arabic street thugs and bikers have whole arsenals of kinds of weapons including rocket launchers

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

1. Obvious troll thread is obvious. 2. I haven't found many Americans online or real world that have a strong distaste for Aussies. In fact, American women usually have an attraction to Aussies. 3. Anyone who dislikes anyone based on nationality is a xenophobe, and shouldn't be taken seriously. There's an A-hole in every country, and those people usually scream the loudest but are still only a small majority (well, usually)

The above has nothing to do with my questions. Note I said in specific regards to conspiracy theories and pple that subscribe to them! Also why on earth do you respond to my thread if you think it and I AM a troll? on the contrary the only troll then is YOU for attempting to bait me.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I note that no one here has fully understood my questions.
Most responses seem to be answered the same as one would get if they asked this question in any mainstream tourist forum.
Sorry but this is not really the response I am after i am asking for the alternative pple thinkers to step forward i dont care whether left or right leaning alternative/radical pple at this point since i have none of either responding.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If I see someone from Canada I can't help but smile and assume that they are a hockey fan (I love hockey).

And I knew you loved hockey when I first saw your post because your flyersfan

for the op

many times i have opposing views or disagree with what a country is doing and be vocal about it and almost every time get flamed... whatever .. troll on i say

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join